Emergency Hearing 12/16/08 UPDATE: Motions Denied

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A true Christmas miracle would be that once LE releases Caylees body to her grandparents, that they deny having a second autopsy done and want her finally laid to rest with dignity. The ME is a very capable entity and numerous trials has been done using only what LE and the ME provided.

On tru tv they are reporting that the atty for the ME stated after the hearing that a tooth, hair, and a three inch piece of bone (won't say from where) were sent to fbi.

Did anyone else notice that JB was once again rambling on and on about fairness, andindependent access and a sense of fair play etc, while the prosecutors were actually siting statutes chapter and verse that define how and why they do what they do, and what they are required to do for JB?

I mean what exactly was all the whining regarding hiring off duty cops? What place does the judge or court have in that?

JB just got very calmly and politely burned, not to mention whoever was on the other end of that phone.

I keep expecting him to whine, well...well...well...it's not fair they get to play in the pile all day and I can't even watch. It's just not fair!!!

Maybe Baez is frustrated, he should be the prosecutor so he could see the evidence first, nah...too much work involved.

JB & his circus act already KNOW it's Caylee ( and don't need FBI's DNA confirmation-they have KC's already) & they are trying to get to work on her defense and/or start working on a deal with the SA. They can't get it out of their head that the remains have NOT been identified yet because in their minds, they already have the affirmation & information. Follow me?

Anyone know who is paying for these experts & other defense attorneys that are working w/ JB? We all know how BJ oops I mean JB was getting paid, but what about these folks?:blushing:

Did anyone else notice that JB was once again rambling on and on about fairness, andindependent access and a sense of fair play etc, while the prosecutors were actually siting statutes chapter and verse that define how and why they do what they do, and what they are required to do for JB? Does JB even own a book of florida case law? Or have a paralegal to research? (Oh wait sorry I forgot his "naughty law assistant" is in the slammer!)

I mean what exactly was all the whining regarding hiring off duty cops? What place does the judge or court have in that?

JB just got very calmly and politely burned, not to mention whoever was on the other end of that phone.

I've been asking about the paralegal for months - it sure does look like JB does his own research and he's not very thorough.

So defense 'denied' again - this whole time JB has wanted LE and the state to do all his work - so glad the judge told JB 'do your own work'

JB is "going through the motions," but seems he is in over his head. Wonder if KC watched from the jail.

Maybe if JB were an "experienced" attorney he would know better than to keep asking for decisions to be made that go against Florida statutes. KC deserves JB and his sidekicks - the good news is that the defense team won't improve during trial - they will continue to make a mockery of themselves. Reminds me of Three Stooges Episodes and Lucy Ricardo

I can only imagine the thoughts that are running through his head while he sits there calmly and put together. I bet he has a big punching bag in his chamber or at least one of those squeezy things that you use for stress.

It seems that JB hasn't learned yet that it isn't a good idea to waste the courts time and po the judge before the trial even starts.

Beth k on tru tv is predicting that the id will not be released until they release the crime scene (it may even be back already).. (and it makes sense after what we just saw in court today.... if the id were back beforehand baez would want to tromp all around thru the cs before le is finished)

Denied! He can't give an order to the M.E. on what the FBI should do. "You're asking the court to assist you in interfering in a murder investigation." (paraphrased)

Do I have to say it? Huge waste!

does anyone feel like the "experts", dr. henry lee, linda baden, kobi, etc. are a bunch of publicity hounds that insert themselves into high profile cases to attempt to destroy the case? these people just seem to show up without pay, supposedly....for what? to try and get guilty people off on technicalities? this is really pissing me off

well at least we know what Dr. Lee was taking pictures of LOL

My favorite part of the whole hearing was when Judge Strickland said "you dragged your 'experts' out to the crime scene the day after our last hearing, and probably enticed or encouraged LE to make sure they were 'especially thorough' before releasing the scene to you" Basically this was in response to the 'excavation site' comment by JB. :floorlaugh:

I have a question. Since KC is legally Caylee's next of kin and not Lee or the grandparents can she give the ok to JB to perform the second autospy?? She can give JB power of atty to do whatever he needs to do with the body. I went through that with my brother over the summer when he died and I couldnt do anything since his eldest daughter, whom he was very estranged from for the last 18 years) was given custody of the body, she was legally next of kin, not me. She finally gave power of atty over to my SIL who had just divorced him (not the eldest niece's mom) so we could have him cremated and buried)

Strickland: "No way, Jose."

LOL.

JB: "I need a clarification..."

I wish I knew how to say "NO!!!!" in every language.

Which part of "no" needs clarification?

I don't think Baez is making himself any friends in the Florida law community. I know they don't all have to love each other but a degree of respect is essential for co operation. I would not go against the law but I know if I were LE or ME I wouldn't put myself out any to do someone who treated me like this any favors. Maybe Jose will need a COV for his practise after this case.

BTW I love this judge..he is fair, patient and smart. Is he staying on for the trial?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back