Emergency Hearing 12/16/08 UPDATE: Motions Denied

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
does anyone feel like the "experts", dr. henry lee, linda baden, kobi, etc. are a bunch of publicity hounds that insert themselves into high profile cases to attempt to destroy the case? these people just seem to show up without pay, supposedly....for what? to try and get guilty people off on technicalities? this is really pissing me off

I said that in the beginning - the more they inject themselves, the more foolish they look - after awhile their expert testimony won't be sought after

Ad yes I think they are putting themselves in this case for the publicity - it has nothing to do with Casey

My favorite part of the whole hearing was when Judge Strickland said "you dragged your 'experts' out to the crime scene the day after our last hearing, and probably enticed or encouraged LE to make sure they were 'especially thorough' before releasing the scene to you" Basically this was in response to the 'excavation site' comment by JB. :floorlaugh:

I personally loved that one myself!!!!! so much for grandstanding....:clap::clap::bang:

I think JB just likes to whine... that's all he was doing today... "they told me... they didn't let me... they won't let me... I can't... I wasn't... I didn't..."

does anyone feel like the "experts", dr. henry lee, linda baden, kobi, etc. are a bunch of publicity hounds that insert themselves into high profile cases to attempt to destroy the case? these people just seem to show up without pay, supposedly....for what? to try and get guilty people off on technicalities? this is really pissing me off

--bolded--

raises hand.

I have a question. Since KC is legally Caylee's next of kin and not Lee or the grandparents can she give the ok to JB to perform the second autospy?? She can give JB power of atty to do whatever he needs to do with the body. I went through that with my brother over the summer when he died and I couldnt do anything since his eldest daughter, whom he was very estranged from for the last 18 years) was given custody of the body, she was legally next of kin, not me. She finally gave power of atty over to my SIL who had just divorced him (not the eldest niece's mom) so we could have him cremated and buried)

Or possibly the father, since rumor is that he's been identified.

What a mockery of the system Jose is making.

"Pure folly" I laughed our loud when I heard that. Brings a new definition to 'court jester.'

I don't understand why JB thinks he's allowed to do this? Honestly, in a murder case the forensics team has gathered and removed all of the evidence before they even have a suspect in custody. Just because the order is reversed here, I don't think it grants special privileges to the defense, does it? It just seems to be basic Law 101 that the FBI & Investigators from the governing jurisdiction are the ones who examine and secure a crime scene...not a 3rd party crew hired by a Defense Attorney.

It's almost embarrassing at times.

I felt almost embarrassed for him.

Judge S. said he didn't have an issue with Baez for filing the motion, but one could tell he was irritated.

L. Baden was especially irritating. IMO, she rambles and talks too fast.
By the look on Judge S's. face, I think he has the same opinion.

I don't understand how Baez wears that snug tight jacket all day. :bang:

What a mockery of the system Jose is making.

"Pure folly" I laughed our loud when I heard that. Brings a new definition to 'court jester.'

I laughed out loud, too. And I'm at work! :eek:

Judge Strickland was very patient given the circumstances. You could tell he was irritated, but he held his composure. I was impressed! :clap:

I loved when the judge said he could not aid Baez in interferring with a murder investigation.

I didn't get to hear it live, but heard it on the link. I still don't believe that man even filed such a stupid motion.

"They're not sure when they're gonna be done," Baez said of the investigators. "It's no longer a crime scene, it's more of an excavation scene."

But Strickland quickly shot down that argument, ruling the defense team has no right to interfere with detectives as they process the crime scene.

"There's no time clock on an investigation and if law enforcement doesn't do an exhaustive job, defense will argue it was shoddy and inadequate," said Strickland.

Strickland also said there was no need to appoint someone to oversee the work of the Orange County medical examiner and said the motion on a second autopsy was a moot point since the body hadn't even been identified yet.

WFTV legal analyst William Sheaffer called the motions "ludicrous." Sheaffer said it was unheard of for a defense team to ask to be part of a murder investigation. He also pointed out that the request for a second autopsy was a moot point because either Casey Anthony, or her parents, George and Cindy, would have the right to have that done once the remains are turned over to them, if the remains do indeed belong to missing 2-year-old Caylee Anthony.

not much, just an effort to show work was going on without the defense. Jusge S barely looked at them.

I think those were probably some of the pics Dr. Lee was taking

what off duty cop would want to assist the defense!? I surely hope he's not trying to hire LE that are working the site currently... oh gawd

George? ~ sorry, couldn't resist. :crazy:

A true Christmas miracle would be that once LE releases Caylees body to her grandparents, that they deny having a second autopsy done and want her finally laid to rest with dignity. The ME is a very capable entity and numerous trials has been done using only what LE and the ME provided.

Who would be in charge of Caylee's remains?

Next of kin is Casey, but she's in jail. Can she 'accept the remains' and then allow her attorneys to do testing?

Or would the remains go directly to G&C and they would decide what happens next?

What rights do G&C have in regards to allowing or not allowing an autopsy to be performed?

At noon on wftv Kathy Belich was saying the JB is probabaly making alot of people mad with all his talk of the investigators ruining the evidence and basically making himself a pain in the butt. (my words not hers) He is asking for things that are totally not normal. Asking that a second autopsy be allowed is not needed to even be asked. Once the body is released to the family they can have one done, it does not need to be asked for in court. It is their right.

He is SO out of legal bounds on this and the other motion he filed. Is he that stupid or is he trying for the most despised attorney in that city?

He is sure not gaining any points criticizing LE & the FBI. He better make sure he has a "squeaky clean" background, or we will start hearing leaks about him.

He is SO out of legal bounds on this and the other motion he filed. Is he that stupid or is he trying for the most despised attorney in that city?

He is sure not gaining any points criticizing LE & the FBI. He better make sure he has a "squeaky clean" background, or we will start hearing leaks about him.

Yes. Not to mention that he's completely and totally out of his league.

If I were him, I wouldn't do a single mile over the posted speed limit these days.

My favorite part of the whole hearing was when Judge Strickland said "you dragged your 'experts' out to the crime scene the day after our last hearing, and probably enticed or encouraged LE to make sure they were 'especially thorough' before releasing [/B]the scene to you" Basically this was in response to the 'excavation site' comment by JB. :floorlaugh:

Loved it:woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back