Emergency Hearing 12/16/08 UPDATE: Motions Denied

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm wondering how long this hearing will last. If Judge S has read it, I'm guessing not long. And how many of these "emergency hearings" is Jose allowed, where he asks the questions that have already been answered?

it has happened in the past that le has found remains they were searching for. They have thought from findings at the scene that they were the remains they were searching for. They have notified family of the findings. And later the dna showed that the remains were not who it was thought.

It as a big scandal on the le, extremely traumatic to the family. So now, even though they fully believe they have the remains of caylee, there is that fraction of doubt that they must satisfy before they can wholeheartedly admit that these are caylee's remains.

The dna will be expedited and normally takes about a week.

Until then, i would hope the court would say "jb, if you are willing to say that you have talked to your client, and that your client has told you that she knows these are caylee's remains, and that you are willing to stipulate to the court that your client has knowlege of these remains being caylee, that you stipulate that your client has knowlege of the circumstances that led to caylee's remains being found in this place" then the court will agree to give you certain amount of the known evidence on this crime scene.

best post of the day!

I must admit I don't know the first thing about lawyer etiquette, but I found JB showing up with his defense team the day after the motion was denied for them to be at the active crime scene unprofessional and irritating. What was more irritating was that they brought along so-called "forensic experts" that tried to have access to the crime scene and gave heated interviews with the press over how angry they were that they weren't allowed to view the crime scene and how unprecedented it was not to allow them to be present to observe the investigation - "Don't you know who I am??? I am an expert in my field!!"

I am wondering if LE or FBI feels the same way. I realize that they were standing where the rest of the media were, but I just found the whole thing intrusive, and now this latest emergency hearing. The whole thing just leaves a sickening feeling in my stomach. No one cares about Caylee. What happened to justice for Caylee? Ugh.

In my opinion, it was a grandstanding parade.
I was waiting for them to return with a forensics float, and inflatable attorneys.

If they just had to engage in this stroll from the Anthony home, they should have quietly walked to the site, left an addition to the growing memorial, did an about face, and departed.

That would have shown some dignity on their part.

Wow - I sure hope that Judge Strickland lays the law down and he needs to do it right now!! I would hope he would even sanction JB and his team for using the court so flippantly. Nothing has changed since his last "emergency" hearing. For JB, this is just another way to get on TV.

I must admit I don't know the first thing about lawyer etiquette, but I found JB showing up with his defense team the day after the motion was denied for them to be at the active crime scene unprofessional and irritating. What was more irritating was that they brought along so-called "forensic experts" that tried to have access to the crime scene and gave heated interviews with the press over how angry they were that they weren't allowed to view the crime scene and how unprecedented it was not to allow them to be present to observe the investigation - "Don't you know who I am??? I am an expert in my field!!"

I am wondering if LE or FBI feels the same way. I realize that they were standing where the rest of the media were, but I just found the whole thing intrusive, and now this latest emergency hearing. The whole thing just leaves a sickening feeling in my stomach. No one cares about Caylee. What happened to justice for Caylee? Ugh.

"Don't you know who I am??? I am an expert in my field!!":laugh::slap::boohoo:

I haven't read the motions - so someone that has - does JB cite precedence??? Does he cite other cases where what he is asking for has been done already???

Bolded by me.
I'm wondering the same thing, especially with the rumors of tools and drywall being removed from the home. Makes me think of blood spatter and blunt force trauma.
:mad:
WOW! I'd missed those rumors!

You know I'm very disappointed in Dr. KR's involment. I have really liked the show Bones and I heard her say she has only one other time been hired for the defense. She picked this case badly and I for one will make sure that none of my book or media dollars go to any one envolved in this just because its a "high profile" case. Thats the most I can do to convay how disgusted I am that these people sell their souls.

At noon on wftv Kathy Belich was saying the JB is probabaly making alot of people mad with all his talk of the investigators ruining the evidence and basically making himself a pain in the butt. (my words not hers) He is asking for things that are totally not normal. Asking that a second autopsy be allowed is not needed to even be asked. Once the body is released to the family they can have one done, it does not need to be asked for in court. It is their right.

I wonder if maybe he is trying to get the judge to push LE for the preliminary ID?

You know I'm very disappointed in Dr. KR's involment. I have really liked the show Bones and I heard her say she has only one other time been hired for the defense. She picked this case badly and I for one will make sure that none of my book or media dollars go to any one envolved in this just because its a "high profile" case. Thats the most I can do to convay how disgusted I am that these people sell their souls.

I feel the same...odd that she said "hired" that generally invoves some sort of payment as in MONEY!!!!!!! :twocents::furious: Perhaps someone is telling the truth???? I would not ever read anything from anyone on that side...don't believe what I've read thus far from them---

JB sounds like a little kid... "They said I could look at it tomorrow, but now they're saying maybe the next day... I wanna see it now! Make them show me now!"

**throws self to ground and kicks hands and feet**

IIRC the original motion last week wasnt about the crime scene at all, as JB hadnt properly prepared the motion, however JB says it was in #5....I hope the judge lambastes (?like that word, but cant spell) him for this continued attempt to dishonor LE.

LE said they would work with him after they were done processing the scene...Even JB admits in these motions to getting most of his information from watching the media which clearly show that they are not done yet...maybe we should send him the link to the webcam so he will know when they are done processing the scene...

Also #7 he requests the policies and procedures of the FBI regarding the macerating the skull....you would think some of his "experts" would already know/have this information.

WOW! I'd missed those rumors!

It was on either one of the "remains found" thread or the rumors thread...don't remember, I've been reading so much on here the past few days. I haven't seen the tools thing elaborated on, but there is a whole discussion on the drywall.

I don't know if anyone knows this but the hearing is supposed to start at 2PM eastern.

I haven't read the motions - so someone that has - does JB cite precedence??? Does he cite other cases where what he is asking for has been done already???

Nope, he cites NOTHING. I think he'd have a hard time finding anything to cite in this matter. It's just not done this way.

IMO he can march down to the jail, tell Miss KC that he NEEDS to know what she left there and how she left it to defend her the best that he can.

Not that that would ever happen though. :rolleyes:

I wonder how Baez would be reacting if the course of having charged KC with first degree murder had been different.

Let's say that murder charges had not yet been filed against KC. Let's say that KC was still walking free. Let's say this little baby's body had been found just as it was a few days ago. Let's say that law enforcement would be actively dissecting that crime scene, just as they are now.

Would Baez be causing such a ruckus? Would he still be demanding access to the crime scene, to the baby's remains, to photographs and schematic drawings?

I have never in my life heard of ANYONE having access to a crime scene that was still being processed, and I have been following true crime scenarios for nigh on 40 years, both through my occupation and through untold hundreds of hours of research.

Allowing anyone who is not a crime scene investigator, a state or federal criminologist, or a member of law enforcement, onto a crime scene is utterly unheard of and simply not done. The risk of contamination and the potential for destruction of evidence is far too great to allow some over-zealous defense attorney and his lackies unprecedented access to an active crime scene that is still being processed.

Defense attorneys normally go to visit a crime scene after they have been retained by a defendant, and after charges have been filed--after a positive identification has been issued. Most crime scenes, once they are cleared by law enforcement, are then treated as they were before they became crime scenes--open and available to anyone to access.

I have never heard of law enforcement advising the defense team that the scene is their's (defense) to do with what they wish--while they (law enforcement) are STILL conducting their own investigation. Baez should be thanking his lucky stars that law enforcement and the prosecutors were willing to afford him the courtesy of a "heads-up" notification that they would be departing the already cleared crime scene in order that his team of notoriety *advertiser censored* could access it before the public does.

Baez needs to take a "Zanny" and relax.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home
Back