Emergency Hearing 12/16/08 UPDATE: Motions Denied

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JB sounds like a little kid... "They said I could look at it tomorrow, but now they're saying maybe the next day... I wanna see it now! Make them show me now!"

**throws self to ground and kicks hands and feet**

Like I've said before many times - JB acts like a kid on a playground that keeps getting picked on - and my guess would be that he WAS picked on as a child

He might also be bullied by the high profiled attorneys that are 'helping' in the case - they might be pushing him to do these motions and he doesn't know how to stand up to them - he is the lawyer that is certified in Florida and he's the one that has to file these motions - the other lawyers that aren't certified in Florida can't do it

Nope, he cites NOTHING. I think he'd have a hard time finding anything to cite in this matter. It's just not done this way.

IMO he can march down to the jail, tell Miss KC that he NEEDS to know what she left there and how she left it to defend her the best that he can.

Not that that would ever happen though. :rolleyes:

This is where JB has problems - research - to get a lot done in court, in the magnitude - he needs to cite precedence - without that it's highly doubtful a judge will make the precedence for him. NOW if he can find at least one case in which this has been done before itmight be considered. Doesn't Baez or any of these other high profiled attorneys have paralegals??? This is what they do

Like I've said before many times - JB acts like a kid on a playground that keeps getting picked on - and my guess would be that he WAS picked on as a child

He might also be bullied by the high profiled attorneys that are 'helping' in the case - they might be pushing him to do these motions and he doesn't know how to stand up to them - he is the lawyer that is certified in Florida and he's the one that has to file these motions - the other lawyers that aren't certified in Florida can't do it

Couldnt they at least write them up? Or is there no way to make these read well since what they are asking is not going to happen anyway?

It was on either one of the "remains found" thread or the rumors thread...don't remember, I've been reading so much on here the past few days. I haven't seen the tools thing elaborated on, but there is a whole discussion on the drywall.
Thanks! LOL! Me too. But if I have any free time left reading all the current stuff and listening to live court, I'm going to go back and read that thread re the drywall.

You know I'm very disappointed in Dr. KR's involment. I have really liked the show Bones and I heard her say she has only one other time been hired for the defense. She picked this case badly and I for one will make sure that none of my book or media dollars go to any one envolved in this just because its a "high profile" case. Thats the most I can do to convay how disgusted I am that these people sell their souls.

I am too! I just don't understand it. :mad:

If it's true that Judge Strickland is staying on this case through trial ,JB is making a huge mistake ticking him off again.It seems like no one on the defense side thinks anything through.....starting with the client.
Darn...have to go pick my son up from school.Please take notes! Thanx

JB sounds like a little kid... "They said I could look at it tomorrow, but now they're saying maybe the next day... I wanna see it now! Make them show me now!"

**throws self to ground and kicks hands and feet**

I wish KarteDad was here to make a pic of that!:laugh::bowdown:

Couldnt they at least write them up? Or is there no way to make these read well since what they are asking is not going to happen anyway?

They could be writing them - we don't know how these other lawyers present their motions - does anyone have any examples of their motions from other trials? I don't know much about them - they are well versed in CA state law which is light years different than FL state laws

If it's true that Judge Strickland is staying on this case through trial ,JB is making a huge mistake ticking him off again.It seems like no one on the defense side thinks anything through.....starting with the client.
Darn...have to go pick my son up from school.Please take notes! Thanx

He's not - a new judge is being appointed - doesn't mean judges and those in the court room don't talk to each other

I cant find it on local 6 either

Just wanted to point a few things out from Dec 11, 2008 hearing. A lot has changed, a body has been found and the fact that Baez waived Casey's right to a speedy trial at the Thursday hearing.

TRIAL POSTPONED, DEATH PENALTY ISSUE RAISED

During a Thursday morning pre-trial hearing in the case against Casey Anthony, the judge postponed her trial until sometime in March per attorney Jose Baez's request.

Eyewitness News legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said Thursday's discovery would change everything.

Sheaffer also addressed a recent decision by the State Attorney's office that it would not seek the death penalty in the case.

"The forensics that are going to be performed are going to answer a lot of questions [in terms of prosecutors asking for the death penalty]," said Sheaffer. "This is obviously a major setback to the defense."

But Sheaffer added that in order to go for the death penalty, the State likely would have to show there was a deliberate act of violence toward Caylee and he didn't think that would happen.

Ironically, Baez had waived Casey's right to a speedy trial at the Thursday hearing. That now paves the way for the State to take as much time as it needs to put together its case.

Baez also told the judge he planned to file for a change of venue.

The Peterson case destroyed Mark Geregos' career and reputation...you'd think KC's dream team would learn from this.

Amen to this statement! I completely agree with you. Education, even as a professional, should never end. History isn't that old and unless this dream team lived under a rock, they should remember how it all went down for Geragros. Why would anyone want to repeat a disaster????

its on....just no sound yet....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back