Eminem gets a Booty in his Face at MTV awards

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well apparently Emeniem knew that he was supposed to land on him. But he wasn't aware he would get a mans junk right up in his face.

I thought it was gross and not at all funny. Yeah, eminem sings about others... but he sings, he don't go and put his junk in anyones face... thats plain freakin nasty...

It would of never have been done to Paris Hilton... and as much as I dislike her that wouldn't be funny either... Thats some nasty guy with no underwear on straddling your face. Whats funny about that... Gross.

I can see how some people would find it crass. But Eminem was in on it, and could have declined, as Paris Hilton did. It would be less funny to me if I hadn't seen Borat, or known about the characters that SBC plays.

I never said it was funny. It WAS gross, but if they were planning to do it to anyone then Paris and Eminem were two good choices.

I don't think he was in on getting another guys junk in his face. I think he was only in on the guy landing on him. I didn't watch it but a few of the younger people I work with did. They said it was just plain awkward and they weren't happy about it at all.
I hope Eminem has a few choice words for mtv. He is a self proclaimed homophobe and although I don't agree with that I also don't agree with exploiting peoples fears for a laugh.

It seems very staged, as Eminem has the homophobe reputation (supposedly he's a good friend of Elton John, since he did the duet with him some years ago, at least that's what the interview in EW a week ago stated) and has an album that dropped not long ago; Baron Cohen has a new movie coming out on his character of Bruno, so why not pair the character with a notorious supposed homophobe who has had a reptuation of also not taking much humor at previous Video Music Awards? Makes sense to me. It was funny but at the same time gross too...I wouldn't want someone's privates in my face either and I don't know how much of a sense of humor I would have about it. Plus the writer for the Movie Awards posted on his blog yesterday or the day before stating that it was all completely staged. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, maybe it was planned but Em wasn't fully expecting exactly what Baron Cohen did, but it definitely got people talking about the new movie and the new CD which was definitely the planned purpose.

I don't know if anything was posted about Sasha Baron Cohen pulling a fast one over on Congressman Ron Paul, but Congressman Paul wasn't too happy with the whole thing either! Baron Cohen seems to go over the top in so many of his scenes...LOL Here's the link to the article on what happpened in that Hotel room that made Congressman Paul run for the hills :floorlaugh:

http://www.slate.com/id/2213882/

I watched it too.
I guess I am cynical.
Cohen has a new movie to promote.
Eminem has a new album to sell.
And they have front page coverage all over the country.

Eminem didn't notice all the cameras focused on him?
Or the man dangling above him?
Borats entire career is based on set ups and capturing the observers reaction to the set up.
Eminem and his crew walking out guarantees it gets reported.
And I still say his crew of guys did not react like their boss was being mauled unknowingly.

It will be great for both the movie and the album/ringtone sales.

I'm with ya. Em would have FLIPPED out if this was real. FLIPPED out, so would have his crew. No way would they get up and walk away from it.

As far as Em not sending money MTV's way? HA! Em owns his own label.. and produces. Just a couple of names that are signed to his label.. 50 Cent, G-Unit, Obie Trice, D12. Em is more powerful in the rap industry then ever before, you may not hear a bunch of new songs by him but don't be fooled it's oly because he moved on (up) to bigger things. He is, IMO- a friggin' genius!

One last thing- Em is far from being a homophobe.. He was an angry punk when he began in this business and said lots of stuff he doesn't feel because it's what it took to get noticed. And get noticed he did! The Elton John deal came about because he was sick of people saying he "hates gays"! But like he says in one of his oldest songs, "I am whatever you say I am, if I wasn't, why would I say I am?"

As an aside, here's what Em had to say about the stunt. http://www.dashadyspot.com/news/2009/06/04/eminem-speaks-on-bruno-mtv-awards-robbery-rumors/

Bruno isn't really a gay guy. He's a character played by Sasha Baron Cohen, who also plays Borat and Ali G. His shtick is acting like an obnoxious person and interacting with unsuspecting people. He had a television show, "Ali G," the main part of which he pretended to be a vulgar, ignorant, urban Londoner who would interview prominent people (really prominent people!) and shock and dismay them. He also had bits as Borat, a super naive Eastern European who would do things totally against cultural norms to other people's consternation. (Borat was spun off into a very popular movie.) Bruno was another bit from the show, where Cohen played a ultra-camp gay Austrian, who would intermingle with the "hip" crowd and shock them, just like he shocked Eminem on the MTV Awards. Bruno's character has also been spun off into a movie that is just coming out, ergo the highly public stunt.

Sounds like they have some things in common, they both love to play a part.. freak people out. Em's shtick has always been "acting like an obnoxious person and interacting with unsuspecting people".

This was actually the only part of the awards show I managed to catch. If it was staged, Eminem should win an acting award because he seriously looked pissed! I actually like Eminem, but this was still funny to me.

He's a great actor- look at all the people still out there claiming he's a homophobe. Acting is part of his act.. He is a smart *advertiser censored*!

If it wasnt staged I think its funny. Eminem is always messing with someone Im glad it was his turn lol

When is the last time you heard of Em "messing with someone"? Long time! He was a kid when he began in the business, he had issues, went through a lot but he has grown up and doesn't play that game anymore.

According to Perezhilton.com, people from the awards said that it was staged and Paris Hilton was their first choice. COULD YOU IMAGINE THAT?!!? HAHAHAH

Anyway, I didn't really have an opinion on Eminem until I saw him on Jimmy Kimmel a couple weeks ago, and he was very one-sided and showed no emotions. He didn't even laugh once! I know it's part of his persona, but I just find people like that very awkward and uncomfortable to watch or listen to.

He isn't like that- it's part of his act. He is a loving father and a good man, he's actually quite funny. He shows much emotion, probably too much which has always been one of his biggest problems, when he cares for someone he cares deeply and would do anything for them.

When is the last time you heard of Em "messing with someone"? Long time! He was a kid when he began in the business, he had issues, went through a lot but he has grown up and doesn't play that game anymore.

Er...have you heard his latest song? "We Made You?"

I'm with ya. Em would have FLIPPED out if this was real. FLIPPED out, so would have his crew. No way would they get up and walk away from it.

As far as Em not sending money MTV's way? HA! Em owns his own label.. and produces. Just a couple of names that are signed to his label.. 50 Cent, G-Unit, Obie Trice, D12. Em is more powerful in the rap industry then ever before, you may not hear a bunch of new songs by him but don't be fooled it's oly because he moved on (up) to bigger things. He is, IMO- a friggin' genius!

One last thing- Em is far from being a homophobe.. He was an angry punk when he began in this business and said lots of stuff he doesn't feel because it's what it took to get noticed. And get noticed he did! The Elton John deal came about because he was sick of people saying he "hates gays"! But like he says in one of his oldest songs, "I am whatever you say I am, if I wasn't, why would I say I am?"

As an aside, here's what Em had to say about the stunt. http://www.dashadyspot.com/news/2009/06/04/eminem-speaks-on-bruno-mtv-awards-robbery-rumors/

I adore Eminem and consider him to be a genius and agree with everything you wrote about this stunt!

I adore Eminem and consider him to be a genius and agree with everything you wrote about this stunt!

me too!!!
I had the biggest crush on him when i was younger.....still do!
I will marry him someday! :)

me too!!!
I had the biggest crush on him when i was younger.....still do!
I will marry him someday! :)

Yeah, he's a hottie and has such a big heart. He's got his brother living with him now too which I respect beyond words!

LOL- actually I haven't listed to it yet. It's a bad one? He's a funny guy! Least he vents with his pen and voice.

I tend to not be able to tolerate rap, but Eminem will put out something every now and then that this prude even likes. LoL "We Made You" is pretty fun... the video is what really sold me on it. His vids tend to be like little pop-art works that are quite entertaining.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1
Back