Emmys will edit Kathy Griffin’s offensive speech

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would someone say that about a man who died the death that He did for US? Even if you don't believe in Him or what He stands for, you can still respect others who do believe and a lot of people do... :razz:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I found a lot of Kathy Griffin's stuff to be very funny, I've seen some of her clips from her D-List show and some YouTube clips of other performances. I'm saddened that she thought this was not only appropriate, but funny. :( I found nothing humorous about this portion of her act, but I admit she has the freedom of speech to say it. I just wish she had chosen not to. I have the freedom to say a lot of things, but that doesn't mean that I should! :silenced: Shame on you, Kathy, I'm disappointed.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I found a lot of Kathy Griffin's stuff to be very funny, I've seen some of her clips from her D-List show and some YouTube clips of other performances. I'm saddened that she thought this was not only appropriate, but funny. :( I found nothing humorous about this portion of her act, but I admit she has the freedom of speech to say it. I just wish she had chosen not to. I have the freedom to say a lot of things, but that doesn't mean that I should! :silenced: Shame on you, Kathy, I'm disappointed.

Hi SieSie :p I agree.. I'm not sure how I feel about her though.. I can't remember her stuff.. hehe She must not have impressed me much if I can't remember :p . I love good humor and I'm not that easily offended but I do believe there are some things that don't need to be said to get a laugh if it's going to cause upset in others. You are right we do have freedom of speech but somethings really don't need to be said. Why? Why say something knowning it's going to probably offend many just to get a possible laugh by not so many.. :twocents: :p

Hi SieSie :p I agree.. I'm not sure how I feel about her though.. I can't remember her stuff.. hehe She must not have impressed me much if I can't remember :p . I love good humor and I'm not that easily offended but I do believe there are some things that don't need to be said to get a laugh if it's going to cause upset in others. You are right we do have freedom of speech but somethings really don't need to be said. Why? Why say something knowning it's going to probably offend many just to get a possible laugh by not so many.. :twocents: :p

LOL...here's the clip where she talks about Mary Kate if you want to watch it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mhjJ5wPzA0I

:laugh: (the big eyes and children of the corn part cracks me up)

Rosh Hashanah ends tomorrow and I'm reminded of my good friend who teaches at The South Texas College of Law in Houston. In his lectures he would often tell a story from his younger days as a criminal defense attorney defending some character for various and sundry crimes. His punch line was ... whenever the verdict came back "not guilty", the client would inevitably look to the sky and say "Thank you, Jesus." His sotto voce response was always the same- "wrong Jew."

That is funny. Thanks for the laugh.

I'm a big, BIG fan of her's and I was even offended. I agree with her that too many people thank Jesus simply because they try and be humble, but my opinion is that if you don't want to thank God, then don't. But then just don't say anything about that subject. There's no need to be offensive.

I totally agree! I think she's hilarious most of the time, but, yeah...this was a bit off color. She's into controversy, though. Anything to get her noticed. I think this may have done it, huh? :D

You guys act like she doesn't have a right to freedom of speech! If people can thank Jesus all day long on stage while accepting a trophy or an award...she can say whatever she wants as well!

If the Rightwingers keep this up...no one will be able to say anything in reference to religion in any context. Shooting her in the foot for pushing her right for free speech will simply blast the basis of free speech for everyone down the line. She is an American, after all, and is entitled to her opinion and right to say it in public! If it offends some people...she is still within her rights to have said it.

I am offended they are censoring her! Double standard!

You guys act like she doesn't have a right to freedom of speech! If people can thank Jesus all day long on stage while accepting a trophy or an award...she can say whatever she wants as well!

If the Rightwingers keep this up...no one will be able to say anything in reference to religion in any context. Shooting her in the foot for pushing her right for free speech will simply blast the basis of free speech for everyone down the line. She is an American, after all, and is entitled to her opinion and right to say it in public! If it offends some people...she is still within her rights to have said it.

Well stated. :clap:

who says she cant have free speech? has she been arrested? she can say what she wants and i can say she is scum. it works both ways. E! is not the government. they pick what they will or will not show all day every day. they own their station and have a right to choose the content they show. the mods on this site have more than once edited or even deleted post they felt crossed a line. what is the difference? if i expected to post whatever i wanted whenever i wanted i would need to make my own forum. if i own it i can pick the content. if they edit a speech due to time or for a commercial nobody screams free speech. to force them to show content they find offensive would violate the rights of the station imo.

as far as rightwingers i could point out alot of times left leaning people have done similar things but lets avoid that argument.

How do you know it's "rightwingers"?

Here we go again. No one is saying that she can't say whatever she wants. However, the network has the right to air whatever it wants and they made their decision. If someone wants to reserve their right to freedom of speech, they must accept the freedom of the public to respond to it, thus exercising their own freedom of speech. Right?

MOREOVER, I (and many others) would SERIOUSLY appreciate it if you would refrain from CLUMPING everyone into one category (e.g., "rightwingers") when making your comments. You have absolutely no idea whatever whether someone is conservative or liberal simply from their opinion about one topic.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Here we go again. No one is saying that she can't say whatever she wants. However, the network has the right to air whatever it wants and they made their decision. If someone wants to reserve their right to freedom of speech, they must accept the freedom of the public to respond to it, thus exercising their own freedom of speech. Right?
since you ended with a "?" yes. you are right yet again. done sucking up now. :blowkiss:

It depends on whom you think I was "sucking up" to.:waitasec:
lol sorry i guees i worded that badly. since you are a mod and i said "yes you are right yet again" i meant i was done sucking up now. small joke that failed since i had to explain it. :(

I propose we instantiate the "circular argument" clause, that being, once a thread topic has gone full circle we lock it. :D

Thread synopsis:

- KG said something offensive to some, and not offensive at all to others.
- E! decided to play it safe and censor it
- Some tell others to lighten up and it's all about freedom of speech
- Others tell some freedom of speech works both ways and they can express their disgust for KG
- Paladin hates KG :loser: ; loves George Carlin :p

I propose we instantiate the "circular argument" clause, that being, once a thread topic has gone full circle we lock it. :D

Thread synopsis:

- KG said something offensive to some, and not offensive at all to others.
- E! decided to play it safe and censor it
- Some tell others to lighten up and it's all about freedom of speech
- Others tell some freedom of speech works both ways and they can express their disgust for KG
- Paladin hates KG :loser: ; loves George Carlin :p
ummm really bad idea. if we dont fight in a big circle all day what will i do with the rest my time? if you say housework i will track you down btw.

I would suggest playing an MMORPG such as Final Fantasy or World of Warcraft but those games are VERY addictive. I played one for 3 years and was finally able to wrestle myself free.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back