Emotional Toll

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Us mods. understand the emotional toll that this case has had on many (myself included). What is alleged to have happened to Zahra is unfathomable and just unbelievable. :(

This thread is a place for posters to discuss how you have been affected personally. Please keep this thread on topic and discuss case-related information on the appropriate thread, not here.

I hope everyone is doing ok. :hug:

MOO- the emotional toll was so bad that many of us needed a break from even talking about the emotional toll. It is a cumulative effect of poor Zahra's traumatization and the rest of the threads we follow on here and her case, personally, put me right over the top. I really needed to step back a little. I think not having as much of a constant flow of news has distanced us (at least me) a little but she continues to be in my thoughts and prayers as do the posters on this and all the threads.

I think we all process the toll diferently but this thread has been a really good thing in the overall. When we are out there wishing the wheels of justice would turn more quickly, worrying that someone be held accountable. Or it hits us exactly what this beautiful child's life should have been but wasn't. The sheer cruelty.

Well, I am happy this place is here so we can step in and say "aaaaaaarrrggggggg" or "I am so frustrated today! This case is so heartrending, I don't know where to PUT that."

or whatever thing that is Zahra inspired emotional outburst that is not on topic on teh other threads.

Today was another one of "those" days for me. I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone here that has trudged thru the trenches on this case. That thanks also goes to Tricia for having this site, and the wonderful Moderators who often have difficult jobs to do. I TRULY appreciate the good souls here at WS's. Being in the midst of people who honestly care is like a light in the darkness for me.

Merry Christmas, little Zhara. I hope that the joy being in heaven is a happy and wonderful place.. better than any Christmas on earth, however you are missed and many are thinking of you this holiday season.

This is hard still to this day. There are cases that just stay with a person. This is one of them. I pray that justice will be cast apon whom ever participated in this horrible crime. I am sickened that the fact that AB is even breathing the Christmas air !

Patience is a quality I have not perfected yet. I am trying so hard but am frustrated with the lack of actvity. Will anyone be prosecuted for the crimes perpetrated against this lovely little lass?

Combat boots? Do I have to shove one somewhere? Arggg

Patience is a quality I have not perfected yet. I am trying so hard but am frustrated with the lack of actvity. Will anyone be prosecuted for the crimes perpetrated against this lovely little lass?

Combat boots? Do I have to shove one somewhere? Arggg

I am right with you in the patience department, my friend! I am, however, gratified that someone will pay in this case, which, I am convinced will happen. As horrific as it is, to me it is less frustrating than our other cases where we think we know what has happened, at least some of it, but nothing moves forward and no formal suspects are named.

Yup, I am sure at least one will pay in this case and I can wait for them to dig out every bit of lurid information they can find so they will pay to the fullest extent of the law. Nothing will bring this little angel back and I have all the time in the world to ensure that LE brings forth a rock solid case and names ALL involved parties. Can't wait for that day. There WILL be justice for our little girl. Know that, my friends.

Zahra's missing flier is still hanging up in our local post office behind glass. There are 2 photos of her on it and it makes my heart break each time I walk by it on the way out. I know one day it will be gone and another one child's face will replace it which makes me just as sad. Zahra you have touched my heart dear one...

I always check this forum with much hope, sometimes excitement for justice to be served. Especially when I see the News thread in bold after days of nothing...

today :pullhair:
...more continuances and postponements...

I have faith that there will be justice for Zahra (x2 or more)

but

...sometimes peeking in here hurts so much, nevertheless... :shakehead:

Love & Light to everyone.

Noetic, I am right there with ya. I have google alerts for Zahra and everytime I get one my heart drops when its more delays and no charges. I still have faith and believe those responsible are going to be charged to the fullest degree, but I get so fustrated that it seems nothing is happening, though logically I know things are happening that we just are not privy to.

Zahra has touched me so much, along with so many others.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIf9xZyc_Ms[/ame]

Take heart kids, we may see some action soon (hate to even get to hopeful) per this info posted on media thread GJ is meeting this week.

Also tomorrow could bring release of 29 "new" search warrants (at least new to us)

snipped:

NEWTON, NC (WBTV & AP) - A grand jury met Monday to discuss possible new charges against the stepmother of Zahra Baker, a 10-year-old whose dismembered remains were found last fall in Caldwell County, according to WRAL.

WBTV has learned a judge is expected to sign an order on Tuesday that would unseal 29 warrants connected to the Zahra Baker case.

If those warrants are released as plans at least it will give us all something fresh to mull over and help us to channel some of this nervous frustrated engery into something else for a bit.

Take care not to discuss the case in the emotional toll thread, so if you wish to discuss the above news, please do so in the appropriate case threads.

Thanks!

oops, sorry Duck, wasn't my intention to encourage discussion but rather to offer encouragement to the discouraged.

Thanks, TL- that was encouraging! Every bit of news like that helps ease some of the frustration and provides me with a slight bit more energy when my patience is sapped once again...

Hugs to everyone tonight - especially Noetic, WhyADuck, and all of our members and Mods who have looked into this abyss.

Between this and the Jonathon Foster case... It's rough.

Been hugging my tot a lot to keep my spirits up.

A group hug is in order :grouphug:

...and maybe a nap..

Must sit inert for an hour or so (sans computer screen).

thinking of you NoeticSoul, I know you will be getting inundated with questions etc and just wanted to say I am thinking of you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back