Ireland Esra Uyrun, 38. Mother. Left in Car to Go To Shopping, Never Returned. Dublin. 23 February 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PastTense

Reaction score
February 24 2019.Berna Fidan will never give up trying to solve the mystery of her sister's disappearance.

Gardai were told her sister Esra's last words were about popping out to the local shops before she drove away from her home in Dublin. After that, she vanished.

That was at 7.15am on February 23, 2011. This weekend marks the eighth anniversary of the disappearance of the 38-year-old mother of one.

"Hope keeps me going," said Berna, who flew into Dublin recently from her home in London. Every year she arrives in Ireland to renew her crusade to find out what happened to Esra.
Woman's relentless quest to solve the mystery of her sister's disappearance - Independent.ie

Another article:
'There's always a glimmer of hope': Family of missing Esra Uyrun make appeal eight years on

I'm from the area Esra went missing from and this case always stays with me. So many questions. Unfortunately the Gardaí presumed this to be a suicide early on and so really didn't give it the attention they should have. I really don't believe it was a suicide and the fact her car keys turned up in the local chipper some months later surely proves this. I really feel for her family and in particular her sister who has doggedly tried to keep this search alive over the years. I really feel this needs to be reopened and a lot more questions need to be asked.

I'm from the area Esra went missing from and this case always stays with me. So many questions. Unfortunately the Gardaí presumed this to be a suicide early on and so really didn't give it the attention they should have. I really don't believe it was a suicide and the fact her car keys turned up in the local chipper some months later surely proves this. I really feel for her family and in particular her sister who has doggedly tried to keep this search alive over the years. I really feel this needs to be reopened and a lot more questions need to be asked.

The Missing Podcast
Really good listen. There maybe more to this story than suicide which is what the police think. Esras car keys being found in a shop 30km from the car and the purse being found in the boot, did it fall out of her pocket? Was there s9meone else driving her car?

0_Esra-Uyrunjpeg.jpg

A crack garda team is re-examining the case of missing young mum Esra Uyrun which remains unsolved 11 years after she disappeared.

The Garda Serious Crime Review Team are poring over the case file in the hope they will finally discover what happened to the then 38-year-old.

Esra left her home at Collinstown Grove in Clondalkin, West Dublin, to buy milk shortly after 7.15am on February 23, 2011, and that is the last time she was seen by her family.

Her Renault Twingo car was later discovered parked at the bottom of Bray Head in Co Wicklow, but CCTV footage could not determine who had been driving.

Esra’s heartbroken sister Berna Fidan will once again make the annual trip from her UK home to Ireland next week as she refuses to give up hope of finding her.

She told the Irish Sunday Mirror: “They are re-examining it with fresh eyes. It’s still an open missing persons case. I would like it to be upgraded [to murder].

“I still think something happened near her home before her car got to Bray, as Bray has been searched so many times and we have not found anything at all.”

A gap in the timeline between Esra leaving home and her car being spotted at a nearby roundabout half an hour later has puzzled detectives from the off.

Crack garda team re-examining case of missing young mum Esra Uyrun

It's a fish and chip fast food place!

Ahhh, OK. Remember, not everyone here is familiar with Irish slang words though.....:D

For some people, like Australians, a chippy is a carpenter/wood worker.....

The sister of a woman missing from Dublin for 11 years is calling for a cold case investigation into the incident.

Berna Fidan is making the appeal ahead of the anniversary of Esra Uyrun's disappearance next week.

38-year-old Esra Uyrun lived with her husband, Ozgur, and two-year-old son Emin in Clondalkin in west Dublin.

At 7.15am on the morning of February 23rd 2011, she went to the shop and never came home.

Her car - a silver Renault Twingo, registration number '08 D 23067' - was later found in a car park at the bottom of Bray Head in Co Wicklow.

There has been no activity on her bank accounts or her Facebook page since that day.

Berna says it is suspicious that her small purse was found in the boot of the car.

"Maybe she was put in the boot and it fell out of her pocket?

"A little tiny purse like that you would - if you are going to leave it in the car - you could slide it in the little compartment next to the driver's seat, or in the glove compartment."

The case remains an unsolved missing person's case.

Berna wants it upgraded to a cold case investigation, but not to a murder inquiry.

"How can I say I want it to go into a murder investigation when I don't know if she's been murdered, or if she's even dead?", she says.

Esra Uyrun: Sister makes emotional appeal ahead of anniversary of her disappearance | Newstalk

Ahhh, OK. Remember, not everyone here is familiar with Irish slang words though.....:D

For some people, like Australians, a chippy is a carpenter/wood worker.....

....and for Americans, a chipper is a machine that grinds up wood.

wood-chipper-sprays-debris-picture-id510354861

THE SISTER OF a woman who has been missing for 11 years has called for a review of the case as she says it has been “a cold case for too long”.

Esra Uyrun, a 32-year-old mother-of-one went missing on the morning of 23 February 2011 after leaving her home in Clondalkin. Her car was later found in a car park at Bray strand in Wicklow.

Speaking to The Journal, her sister Berna Fidan said she would like to see the case reviewed by the Garda Serious Crime Review Team.

“It’s still an open case but it’s a cold case and it’s been sitting there too long,” she said.

“It should really be looked at again because there is something out there, she’s out there – good or bad, dead or alive – she’s out there somewhere. So I’d like to see fresh eyes on the case to look at it from the very beginning.”

[...]

Fidan has always been troubled by that more than 30 minute time gap for a drive that would usually have taken less than five minutes.

She said she would like to see a greater focus on this time anomaly.

“We’re losing half an hour so something happened in that half an hour,” she said.

“When I came, I flew in the next day and there were no roadworks – we went up and down all of those roads. It was midterm week, all the schools were on holiday so there was none of that school traffic and the roads would have been quiet.”

'We just need some answers': Sister of missing woman Esra Uyrun calls for review of case after 11 years

The Renault Twingo car Esra was driving, with the registration 08-D-23067, was spotted in Bray, Co Wicklow, where CCTV showed it nearly colliding with a Skoda Octavia around 8.40am on February 23, 2011.

It was not clear who was driving Esra’s car from CCTV. Berna has reiterated her appeal for the driver of the Octavia to come forward.

I find this interesting.... coulda been road rage....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back