Estate of Rebecca Zahau et al v. Shacknai et al

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not surprised at all. In my opinion, JS is likely more involved in the WDS and not only helping Adam. It will be interesting to see who Dina hires to represent her. I hope this is a sign the Zahau's are prepared to move forward and JS is not tempting them with money. I know many don't support my opinion, but I believe JS has a lot to lose if the WDS goes forward.

He should have let them go forward with their re-enactment at the mansion. If it had proved LE correct, he wouldn't be in this jam.

Thanks time! Same law firm JS used for his cease and desist letter, which was signed by Dan K. Webb, Chairman, Winston & Strawn (Chicago office). Very very pricey for a tug boat captain. Why am I not surprised..

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15406681/shacknai-sends-cease-and-desist-letter-to-zahau-family-attorney

BBM. I agree. Very pricey representation for a tug boat captain. I doubt this firm would take this case pro bono. Perhaps Adam is especially frugal with his earnings, or more likely, has received some significant assistance from friends or family members. It certainly would not take long to run up a substantial bill with this firm, IMO.

Source for 2011 hourly rates for Winston and Strawn attorneys.

http://www.jagersmith.com/downloads... Strawn LLP as Local Counsel to Committee.pdf

For professional services, Winston & Strawn has agreed that its fees are based in part on its current hourly rates charged for such services on non-bankruptcy matters, which are periodically adjusted.3 Winston & Strawn and the Committee have agreed that the firm will be reimbursed for its ordinary and necessary expenses. The customary hourly rates of Winston & Strawn in its United States offices, subject to periodic adjustment, are: for partners, from $580.00 to $1,130.00; for associates, from $350.00 to $600.00; and for legal assistants, from $150.00 to $335.00.4

BBM. I agree. Very pricey representation for a tug boat captain. I doubt this firm would take this case pro bono. Perhaps Adam is especially frugal with his earnings, or more likely, has received some significant assistance from friends or family members. It certainly would not take long to run up a substantial bill with this firm, IMO.

Source for 2011 hourly rates for Winston and Strawn attorneys.

http://www.jagersmith.com/downloads... Strawn LLP as Local Counsel to Committee.pdf

From your link: http://www.jagersmith.com/downloads/...0Committee.pdf

Quote:
For professional services, Winston & Strawn has agreed that its fees are based in part on its current hourly rates charged for such services on non-bankruptcy matters, which are periodically adjusted.3 Winston & Strawn and the Committee have agreed that the firm will be reimbursed for its ordinary and necessary expenses. The customary hourly rates of Winston & Strawn in its United States offices, subject to periodic adjustment, are: for partners, from $580.00 to $1,130.00; for associates, from $350.00 to $600.00; and for legal assistants, from $150.00 to $335.00.4

Since AS has two partners and an associate on his behalf I wonder what the hourly rate for that team is. But of course you're right, he could be great at savings and very frugal. I wonder what the retainer is for three such individuals?

Quote:

Since AS has two partners and an associate on his behalf I wonder what the hourly rate for that team is. But of course you're right, he could be great at savings and very frugal. I wonder what the retainer is for three such individuals?
If you all recall, AS lived in a not do nice apartment prior to July 2011. He purchased his first home about a year ago, IIRC. And was seen outside the security gate at JS's sprawling mansion just before the Christmas holidays,driving a brand new truck.........

Quote:

Thanks inthedark14-- I forgot to mention that Robb C. Adkins and Krista M. Enns are partners, and Ian L. Papendick is an associate.

Interesting that this firm is willing to represent AS in this case. IMO, it's an intere$ting amount of "overkill" to hire this kind of firm for this kind of case. JMO.

Wow, inparadise, that literally makes me sick!

I really can't imagine Jonah involving Dina or Nina in any kind of scheme because he would finally have Dina out of his life without Max in the picture. I can imagine that tugboat workers would have access to slickers and other such gear that would likely not leave much DNA around.

This whole thing just stinks. MOO

Gads I'm going crazy here now. Could she have been raped too and forced into the shower to get rid of the DNA?

What happened to the owners of the gym that closed suddenly? Are they doing better financially now? What about the family that left the premises?

What happened to the owners of the gym that closed suddenly? Are they doing better financially now? What about the family that left the premises?

The owners of the gym no longer live in Coronado, they were renting a house her and I think evicted some time ago. I haven't seen them around for quite some time. Supposedly they are no longer married......and had financial problems.
About the Niles family, they live in San Diego and Paul is back to bring a chef.

If you all recall, AS lived in a not do nice apartment prior to July 2011. He purchased his first home about a year ago, IIRC. And was seen outside the security gate at JS's sprawling mansion just before the Christmas holidays,driving a brand new truck.........

Gee ... does getting away with murder pay off? I wonder.

Do you think he murdered Rebecca for the price of a new house and truck then drove it to California for Christmas?
Edited to add- while wearing his "slicker"

Hi IP!

I don't want to get OT, but which residence was AS seen driving the new truck? I see you wrote mansion, but I don't know if the AZ home is also considered a mansion. Also, which Christmas year, 2011 or 2012? TIA

Although, I'm not sure this means JS helped him. The place he bought was not that expensive and without a lot of other expenses, no kids, it doesn't seem so out of bounds with a steady job. I do think JS connected him on the attorney firm and probably promised to pay them and/or gave them a retainer.

The owners of the gym no longer live in Coronado, they were renting a house her and I think evicted some time ago. I haven't seen them around for quite some time. Supposedly they are no longer married......and had financial problems.
About the Niles family, they live in San Diego and Paul is back to bring a chef.

Out of curiosity only, any chance he opened his own restaurant?

Hi IP!

I don't want to get OT, but which residence was AS seen driving the new truck? I see you wrote mansion, but I don't know if the AZ home is also considered a mansion. Also, which Christmas year, 2011 or 2012? TIA

The mansion in pv: 7620 north foothills drive south, paradise valley 85253. Christmas 2011.

Can you even rape someone in a slicker? That's not something you hear of much.

Yes, you are right. You don't hear much of people getting raped by someone trying to hide their DNA.

It's much more frequent that you hear of women leaving cryptic messages, showering but leaving tape residue on their legs, bashing themselves in the head four times, tying themselves up while leaving their hair under the noose, and plunging naked while menstruating into an outdoor courtyard.

Any woman with long hair knows that you instinctively pull your hair out when it is confined in someway. She had to have put the noose around her neck then arranged the T-shirt around her neck...there is no way she didn't pull her hair out of the bindings. My opinion of course.

And for the life of me I can't imagine a woman hanging herself naked in a courtyard while having her menses.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back