Ethiopian Air ET302, Boeing 737 crashes - 157 souls - 10 March 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA test of victims to be undertaken in London

In the wake of the accident, Ethiopian authorities reported that all victims had been burnt beyond recognition. Subsequently, grieving families were given earth for burial ceremonies that took place last month.

Ethiopia will send DNA samples from the Boeing 737 MAX 8 crash for identification tests in London. Authorities will transport human tissues gathered by a team led by Interpol and the U.K.’s Blake Emergency Services.

Ethiopian crash hub: 10 key events, a month after ET302 incident | Africanews

Boeing has completed 96 flights testing the performance of the 737 Max with updated software for the plane’s flight control system.

“Our team has made 96 flights totaling over 159 hours of air time with this updated software,” said Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg while speaking Thursday at the George W. Bush Presidential Center in Dallas, Texas. Muilenburg, who went on a 737 Max test flight last week, says the company is making progress developing a plan to fix the aircraft’s MCAS flight control software and improve pilot training, two problems that will need to be resolved before regulators certify the plane to fly again.

“We continue to demonstrate that we’ve identified and met all certification requirements,” he said.

Boeing CEO says it's completed 96 test flights with 737 Max software fix

The public relations campaign to rescue Boeing’s and the Boeing 737-Max’s reputation has begun. I just hope and pray the aviation authorities around the world do not allow this aircraft to fly again unless they are confident it is safe. The FAA cannot rubber stamp this fix to save face the safety of passengers and crew must be the only concern.

American Airlines is extending flight cancellations into mid-August because of the Boeing 737 Max grounding.

American, the world's largest airline, decided to extend cancellations from early June through to August 19, to help plan ahead for the busy summer travel season.

Southwest Airlines last week also extended flight cancellations for 737 Max planes from June until August.
American Airlines cancels more flights over Boeing 737 Max grounding

Thanks for the link.
IMO This crash is just so tragic and frustratingly unnecessary. Reading the final words of the flight crew really brought it home to me. They were fighting that plane, battling against a much stronger "glitch" in the MCAS system, struggling to save themselves and the souls on board, never giving up. Can you imagine the sheer horror of death staring you in the face? They didn't give up, and continued to follow procedures as they understood them, even as they saw the earth rushing to meet them. IMO

American Airlines Group Inc., AAL -2.48% after saying for months that its pilots didn’t need additional ground-simulator experience onBoeing Co. BA -1.14% 737 MAX jets, is moving to add such instruction to existing training sessions, according to industry officials.

The decision, these officials said, means that as soon as the end of the summer new and existing American 737 MAX pilots will encounter some simulator scenarios specifically focused on problems with an automated flight-control system, called MCAS, implicated in two fatal nose-dives of the plane in less than five months.

American’s choice highlights growing differences between carriers—and in American’s case, with federal air-safety regulators—regarding the best way to ensure flight crews will be able to safely operate the planes once they resume service.

American Airlines Devising Extra Simulator Training for Boeing 737 Cockpit Crews

American Airlines Group Inc., AAL -2.48% after saying for months that its pilots didn’t need additional ground-simulator experience onBoeing Co. BA -1.14% 737 MAX jets, is moving to add such instruction to existing training sessions, according to industry officials.

The decision, these officials said, means that as soon as the end of the summer new and existing American 737 MAX pilots will encounter some simulator scenarios specifically focused on problems with an automated flight-control system, called MCAS, implicated in two fatal nose-dives of the plane in less than five months.

American’s choice highlights growing differences between carriers—and in American’s case, with federal air-safety regulators—regarding the best way to ensure flight crews will be able to safely operate the planes once they resume service.

American Airlines Devising Extra Simulator Training for Boeing 737 Cockpit Crews

I cannot believe customers or crew will want to fly this plane

Me neither passengers too. I will not fly on any airline that has these Max planes I would rather not fly on holiday than go on one. It is going to be interesting to see how Boeing are able to get a fix so they can fly again and the regulators around the world agree to it.

I won't set foot on one. Which will really be a PITA at one point or another I'm sure. I'm not exactly regaining confidence in the plane by pilots getting extra simulator training. Hey next time there's some lethal fault with a car, let's just give all owners a few quick classes in how to let's say, stop the car with failing brakes, instead of recalling the car and fixing the brakes. Sorry, is my irritation shining through? :D:rolleyes:

The Federal Aviation Administration on Tuesday released its initial review of Boeing’s update to its 737 Max anti-stall software suspected of contributing to two fatal plane crashes, calling it “operationally suitable.”

The draft report from the FAA’s Flight Standardization Board recommends that pilots take additional computer-based training for the MCAS automated flight system.

FAA panel says Boeing 737 Max software is 'operationally suitable' in new report

The FAA are a disgrace.

BEIJING (Reuters) - China’s aviation regulator said on Tuesday that it had set up a task force to review design changes to the Boeing Co 737 MAX that had been submitted by the planemaker after the fleet was grounded last month.

China forms task force to review design changes to Boeing 737 MAX - Reuters

I hope the aviation regulators around the world do not give Boeing as easy a ride as the FAA is. It is going to be interesting to see how long it takes them to approve the Max to fly again.

American is trying to get out in front of this actually. However, I believe United and Southwest have already been doing it. The airlines know that simulator time (not actual retraining) will be part of the "fix." So they want to get on that as soon as possible. I think in the US the 737 will be cleared sooner rather than later and Canada as well.

American is trying to get out in front of this actually. However, I believe United and Southwest have already been doing it. The airlines know that simulator time (not actual retraining) will be part of the "fix." So they want to get on that as soon as possible. I think in the US the 737 will be cleared sooner rather than later and Canada as well.

I’m dreading the plane being in the air again I’m not confident another Boeing 737 Max plane isn’t going to crash somewhere in the world. I’m not a pilot but the fix being discussed could be problematic in my opinion mistakes are easily made when you have an out of control aircraft. Neither myself or any of my family are willing to go on one now. I would refuse to board the plane if I was put on one.

The Boeing 737 Max 8 fleet should re-enter service with new software and without new simulator training for pilots, a Federal Aviation Administration board advised in a new report.

Boeing panel: Software fix for 737 Max 'suitable,' no re-training needed

Absolute madness I despise Boeing and the FAA. What harm would it do for pilots to get simulator training? 350 men, women and children have died but it doesn’t seem to matter. The safety of passengers and crew should be absolutely paramount. I wonder what the pilots union and cabin crew union are going to say they should take a stand.

The Boeing 737 Max 8 fleet should re-enter service with new software and without new simulator training for pilots, a Federal Aviation Administration board advised in a new report.

Boeing panel: Software fix for 737 Max 'suitable,' no re-training needed

Absolute madness I despise Boeing and the FAA. What harm would it do for pilots to get simulator training? 350 men, women and children have died but it doesn’t seem to matter. The safety of passengers and crew should be absolutely paramount. I wonder what the pilots union and cabin crew union are going to say they should take a stand.
Well it looks the US carriers that use the Max are already doing or planning the simulator training whether required or not. Even if the FAA doesn't require simulator training, other countries might. I assume they would. I believe the fix on the AOA sensors is already in the works and that actually seems to be the bigger issue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back