Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SouthEastSleuth said:
To play devil's advocate a second -

according to the text of the warrant application:

"Off. Williams advised this investigator (Early) that when he arrived at the scene, he spoke with a Mr. Raven Abaroa, who advised that his wife was upstairs, and that she was hurt. Off. Williams entered the residence...."

So, is it possible that Raven had been upstairs, and came downstairs simply to open the door when Off. Williams knocked/rang the bell, whatever?

I always was under the impression as well, for some reason, that Raven was outside, etc. But, perhaps not? It's not like I especially enjoy giving Raven the benefit of a doubt in this situation, far from it, but in re-reading some things, could we have been making an incorrect assumption about this particular information?

That said, I STILL think the use of the word "hurt" is very odd...
..you're right........( good thing for the analytical thinkers here........while i tend to just react to a single thought...)
...yes, he could have been with janet the entire time, coming down only when LE arrived...

...and, as jersey pointed out as well, we only know that his clothing was taken, not if it did or did not have blood on it.......

...officer williams does give confirmation in the text of the warrant application that raven did in fact say his wife was "upstairs and hurt"..and i know this a 3peat to the 'hurt' thing but, for crying out loud, he claims to have thought she had been shot, 'hurt' was the best he could come up with ???

...i wonder what he did actually say on the 911 call? i wonder what kind of condition his clothes were in when LE confiscated them? and where WAS kaiden when LE arrived ?
...hopefully we'll have this info soon, ..........does anyone know at what point LE does release the 911 transcript ?

mysteriew said:
Rooster stopped posting back in June. However, he/she signed back on as recently as 08/02. I also considered the idea that Rooster was Raven, but then like Golfmom I decided it was a relative (or maybe the younger bro of a close friend). And probably young. And he/she was probably desperate to find a scenario that would explain the murder, that didn't involve Raven. When I read Rooster's posts, he proposed no less than three scenarios: burglary, revenge by a fired employee from when Raven was a manager, and rape. But, for someone who he said was close to Raven- he gave nothing to back up any of his own scenarios. And when questioned about his scenarios- he wasn't able to answer the questions that resulted. (actually he/she became miffed that no one would believe any of the scenario's.) So he/she is probably still reading. Just not going to post any more.
....that is interesting...........rooster did indeed post last on june 12th/05........but his/her last activity shows him here yesterday, just 3 minutes after you posted this......

...since he/she joined on june 3rd/05........
...made ALL of his/her 100 posts on this forum in a 10 day period,
...was here just yesteday,
... i'd have to say rooster is in fact reading here

lauriej said:
....that is interesting...........rooster did indeed post last on june 12th/05........but his/her last activity shows him here yesterday, just 3 minutes after you posted this......

...since he/she joined on june 3rd/05........
...made ALL of his/her 100 posts on this forum in a 10 day period,
...was here just yesteday,
... i'd have to say rooster is in fact reading here
Ok, here's my take. If rooster is raven, a family member or close friend of raven's, he/she sure didn't fight very hard for his/her innocence theories....and the fact that he/she is still lurking, imo, means they are not really convinced of his innocence. If it was my family member or close friend, I'd be fighting all of you guys until I convinced you that my brother (or whatever) was innocent!:slap:

I forgot about the "outing other posters" rule until golfmom mentioned it yesterday. I think that we should probably all stop publicly wondering who Rooster is so that we're not in danger of violating any TOS. I adore you guys, and don't want to lose anyone here in our forum.

My original point was only that Rooster made claims as if he had information from some close source about Raven's actions after finding Janet. I thought it would be worth LE questioning him/her in case s/he has important information that perhaps s/he didn't even realize was important. I figured that Rooster was an important statement for LE, regardless of who s/he is and regardless of whether or not his/her statement backs up Raven's story or pokes holes in it.

Understandable JG.

I don't think it matters who is who, who knows either family, who knows Raven, who knows Janet either. The fact remains though, that there are plenty of people out there, that have spoken with Janet prior to her murder, people that have spoken to Raven, acquaintances, neighbors, people that heard things from Raven, stories, inconsistent statements or consistant statements -- something that could either clear Raven completely or may point the finger at Raven.

People that heard secondhand, thirdhand, forthhand statements NEED to come forward and give this information to LE. Little statements, that you may or may not think very important may be important to LE in either clearing Raven or putting away a cold blooded murderer.

The fact remains that a beautiful young woman and the baby she was carrying was brutally murdered, leaving behind a motherless child, Kaiden and grieving family members and I think that tops any allegience, any fear of retribution, any hurt feelings, that may or may not result from giving LE any information that may come out, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem to them at the time.

Justice for Janet should be everyone's top priority, including Raven, his family, his friends, acquaintances Janet's family and friends.

"In court, Abaroa said he used the cash from the shoe sales for car repairs and paying bills."

Considering that we've heard that TWO cars were in for repairs the night of Janet's murder, the mechanic must of been charging them a fortune and not really repairing their cars for TWO of them to need OVERNIGHT service.

golfmom said:
"In court, Abaroa said he used the cash from the shoe sales for car repairs and paying bills."

Considering that we've heard that TWO cars were in for repairs the night of Janet's murder, the mechanic must of been charging them a fortune and not really repairing their cars for TWO of them to need OVERNIGHT service.
Maybe he meant "upgrades", "additions", or some sort of status-related alterations to the cars?

JerseyGirl said:
Maybe he meant "upgrades", "additions", or some sort of status-related alterations to the cars?
Or maybe he just spent the money on what he wanted and bills and car repairs would sound better to a judge.

Moxie said:
Or maybe he just spent the money on what he wanted and bills and car repairs would sound better to a judge.

I guess paying bills sounded better too, but all those bills were generated by the thread devoted to his BIG BOY TOYS.

golfmom said:
I guess paying bills sounded better too, but all those bills were generated by the thread devoted to his BIG BOY TOYS.
Yep.. So he lied to the judge. Not smart, dude.

In light of the new information in the autopsy report....

Since the ME put the onset of attack at 10:50 and death at 10:55 and the 911 call was at 10:58 (do we know this for sure?) there's not a lot of time there. Now I know that the times from the ME's report probably do have some flexibility (although I don't think that it would be that much off). But what if the blood in the Durango and on the side door downstairs was from Raven getting out of the house and depositing the murder weapon, bloody clothes, whatever somewhere nearby? That could also explain the fact that there is only blood deposits on the way out of the house. Because maybe the blood dried on the way to drop incriminating evidence. When Raven returned, voila--the blood couldn't pass to the outside of the house door because it wasn't able to (or because it was wiped off at the depositing site).

Anyone know if there are any stores or what have you that have dumpsters nearby? Or bodies of water (other than the creek in front of the house)? Or any other prime locations that could be used to "forget" about vital evidence?

Jenifred said:
Anyone know if there are any stores or what have you that have dumpsters nearby? Or bodies of water (other than the creek in front of the house)? Or any other prime locations that could be used to "forget" about vital evidence?
It appears that there are a ton of lakes nearby. I'll find the satellite image link, and post it here when I find it. It appears that there's a rather large lake pretty close by.

That lake sure looks like a prime depository. Do you think that LE would take the time to search that lake for anything suspicious? Well, maybe if they had solid evidence that it was there, right?

JerseyGirl said:
Microsoft TerraServer Imagery (another body of water to the southeast, but farther away)
I just noticed that the lake nearest to the house has several homes that back up to it. There also aren't many trees so someone running/driving up there might risk being seen. So I checked the lake to the southeast, (you can zoom in on a specific area by clicking on it), and noticed that not only are there a lot less homes near that lake, but it also appears that a road runs right next to it. You could probably toss something out of a window as you drive. Here's a zoomed in view of that lake:

Microsoft TerraServer Imagery

Note: On the west side of the lake, it appears that there is a section of road that has trees on both sides.

It appears that this lake is about 2 and a half miles from the house, and that you can probably get to it by accessing one of the major roadways nearby.

ETA: After looking at this image again I realized that there are no homes at all near the lake. There's one property and it appears to be some sort of plant or factory.

JerseyGirl said:
I just noticed that the lake nearest to the house has several homes that back up to it. There also aren't many trees so someone running/driving up there might risk being seen. So I checked the lake to the southeast, (you can zoom in on a specific area by clicking on it), and noticed that not only are there a lot less homes near that lake, but it also appears that a road runs right next to it. You could probably toss something out of a window as you drive. Here's a zoomed in view of that lake:

Note: On the west side of the lake, it appears that there is a section of road that has trees on both sides.

It appears that this lake is about 2 and a half miles from the house, and that you can probably get to it by accessing one of the major roadways nearby.

ETA: After looking at this image again I realized that there are no homes at all near the lake. There's one property and it appears to be some sort of plant or factory.

Actually, this "lake" is a water treatment facility for the city of Durham... and it backs up to a public golf course (Hillandale Golf Course)... and as well as I remember, there is a tall fence around that entire city property, and I don't think you could even get close enough to it, driving, to toss anything there...

SouthEastSleuth said:
Actually, this "lake" is a water treatment facility for the city of Durham... and it backs up to a public golf course (Hillandale Golf Course)... and as well as I remember, there is a tall fence around that entire city property, and I don't think you could even get close enough to it, driving, to toss anything there...
Thanks, SES. I saw some sort of tanks but wasn't really sure what I was looking at. But don't worry ... you know I'll keep looking! ;)

I guess that weapon could be anywhere. It seems like there are tons of bodies of water and many areas full of trees or large expanses of empty land.

To the west of the house on Ferrand is yet another body of water that is very unpopulated. It looks like there's a very long creek that runs by it. It's about one and a half miles from the house.

I'm not getting the idea that he had a whole lot of time to dispose of a weapon, laptop, bloody clothes, etc. by driving somewhere and then coming back. It seems there was alot of overgrowth in their yard, could have been buried in the yard somewhere??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back