• I am convinced that there was a "dead body in the dam car"

Votes: 328 95.3%
  • I am somewhat certain that there was "dead body in the dam car"

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • I am not sure what the bad smell was but it could be human, animal or food

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I'm somewhat certain that the smell was not a "dead body in the dam car"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm convinced that the smell was either food or a squirrel but not a "dead body in the dam car"

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backissu/july2000/deedric1.htm#Hair Evidence

Human Hairs

As stated previously, physical contact may result in the transfer of hairs. These can transfer directly from the region of the body where they are growing—a primary transfer—or they can transfer from the clothing of individuals—a secondary transfer. It has been reported that approximately 100 head hairs are shed by an individual each day. These hairs are shed on clothing and on items in the environment. Contact between a victim and a suspect's environment can easily cause a secondary transfer of hair. Hairs that are found on the clothing of suspects or victims and appear to have fallen out naturally may be the result of primary or secondary transfer. Hairs that have been forcibly removed may suggest a violent confrontation.

A hundred head hairs a day. How is it possible that they only found one hair?
Well by that logic there should have been a trunk full of hair belonging to the whole family. What could possibly make hair disappear?

Just curious why you would question the FBI's results. They have a phenomenal lab...why are you looking so hard for it to mean something else? We've discussed the way reports are written numerous times...there's no chicanery going on here.

Not questioning the fbi's results. The results are clear. Can not confirm that the hair is from a decomposing body.

The fbi link shows that it is important to do comparisons with a suitable known hair sample. Not questioning that. I accept it.

Well by that logic there should have been a trunk full of hair belonging to the whole family. What could possibly make hair disappear?

Vacumm cleaner. Where are the bags? Who said they vaccummed it? Where is that report?

I know they acquired those vacumm bags in a search warrant. I have not seen a report on their ingredients.

There is only one hair with the post mortem death band. The fbi says that a post mortem death band indicates that it may come from a decomposing body. It must mean many different things as well.

How did only one hair fall out?
*snipped*

Interesting...so we're in agreement that:

• A hair with a post-mortem death band, which is indicative in at least one scenario (of how many hasn't been established) as having originated from a decomposing body, fell out in the trunk of the Pontiac

Your question implies that only one hair fell out. Why should we assume only one fell out?

Do I have that right? TIA.

Not questioning the fbi's results. The results are clear. Can not confirm that the hair is from a decomposing body.

The fbi link shows that it is important to do comparisons with a suitable known hair sample. Not questioning that. I accept it.
But yet it is microscopically similar to the hair found on a corpse. They knew it (the trunk hair) was Caylee's. The only other choice was an alive Casey. Old news IMO.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backissu/july2000/deedric1.htm#Hair%20Evidence

Human Hairs

As stated previously, physical contact may result in the transfer of hairs. These can transfer directly from the region of the body where they are growing—a primary transfer—or they can transfer from the clothing of individuals—a secondary transfer. It has been reported that approximately 100 head hairs are shed by an individual each day. These hairs are shed on clothing and on items in the environment. Contact between a victim and a suspect's environment can easily cause a secondary transfer of hair. Hairs that are found on the clothing of suspects or victims and appear to have fallen out naturally may be the result of primary or secondary transfer. Hairs that have been forcibly removed may suggest a violent confrontation.

A hundred head hairs a day. How is it possible that they only found one hair?
The rest were sucked up by one of the A's with one of their many vacuums. I don't believe that report of the vacuumed material has been released?

ETA-I guess there could've been a hundred hairs in the trunk. Depends on if she was in the trunk more than a day-But, I thought Caylee wasn't ever in the trunk? Hmmmmmm

*snipped*

• A hair with a post-mortem death band, which is indicative in at least one scenario (of how many hasn't been established) as having originated from a decomposing body, fell out in the trunk of the Pontiac

Your question implies that only one hair fell out. Why should we assume only one fell out?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ4NAZPi2js[/ame]

*snipped*

Bold one: I did not say that a hair with a post-mortem death band, which is indicative in at least one scenario as having originated from a decomposing body.

I stand corrected. Several hairs were in the trunk. Only one was found that was consistent with human decomp. I am not sure anyone ever said there was a post mortem death band.

But later in an email from the fbi lab tech, she said she could not confirm the hair was from a human decomposing body.

Bold one: I did not say that a hair with a post-mortem death band, which is indicative in at least one scenario as having originated from a decomposing body.

I stand corrected. Several hairs were in the trunk. Only one was found that was consistent with human decomp. I am not sure anyone ever said there was a post mortem death band.

But later in an email from the fbi lab tech, she said she could not confirm the hair was from a human decomposing body.
Link?

I think the problem lies with not having a known hair sample from Caylee. I read most of the fbi link and found that they refer comparisons to only suitable known samples. So when they say that comparison microscopy can be useful, they are talking about suitable known hair samples. I think that the hair from Caylee's remains became unsuitable when met with the elements. So, I don't know where you could get a suitable known hair sample.

Again, lack of evidence here. There is only one hair with the post mortem death band. The fbi says that a post mortem death band indicates that it may come from a decomposing body. It must mean many different things as well.

The hair brush sample was not a suitable "known" hair sample because it was only represented to be Caylee's hair by Cindy. As it turned out from DNA tests and emails, Cindy was not a reliable reporter of the users of hairbrushes and toothbrushes she provided.

The hair on the skull, however, was a suitable "known" hair sample, because the skull was found with a tibia that contained Caylee's DNA.

I think the problem lies with not having a known hair sample from Caylee. I read most of the fbi link and found that they refer comparisons to only suitable known samples. So when they say that comparison microscopy can be useful, they are talking about suitable known hair samples. I think that the hair from Caylee's remains became unsuitable when met with the elements. So, I don't know where you could get a suitable known hair sample.

Again, lack of evidence here. There is only one hair with the post mortem death band. The fbi says that a post mortem death band indicates that it may come from a decomposing body. It must mean many different things as well.

BBM

OK...I guess I'm confused by what you meant. I guess I should read it again.

BBM

We're in violent agreement that you, "did not say that..." I was attempting to restate what I thought your post meant to find out where we agreed.

I was just taking your original post as the source stating that there was one hair with a post-mortem death band.

My apologies. I'm easily confused.

My apologies for quoting myself!

The rest were sucked up by one of the A's with one of their many vacuums. I don't believe that report of the vacuumed material has been released?

ETA-I guess there could've been a hundred hairs in the trunk. Depends on if she was in the trunk more than a day-But, I thought Caylee wasn't ever in the trunk? Hmmmmmm

#2 ETA-in Bold:
This was meant scarcastically-I have no doubts Caylee was in the trunk for a long period of time. My apologies if anyone thought I meant otherwise!

The hair brush sample was not a suitable "known" hair sample because it was only represented to be Caylee's hair by Cindy. As it turned out from DNA tests and emails, Cindy was not a reliable reporter of the users of hairbrushes and toothbrushes she provided.

The hair on the skull, however, was a suitable "known" hair sample, because the skull was found with a tibia that contained Caylee's DNA.

The hair on the skull was not a suitable known hair sample. The link is in this thread, I will try to find it for you.

Listen to what Casey says to Tracey about the hair in the trunk NTS:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9CyjDfCU9Q[/ame]

Seems like I remember CA intentionally gave LE KC's hairbrush instead of Caylee's for testing. Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy