• I am convinced that there was a "dead body in the dam car"

Votes: 328 95.3%
  • I am somewhat certain that there was "dead body in the dam car"

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • I am not sure what the bad smell was but it could be human, animal or food

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I'm somewhat certain that the smell was not a "dead body in the dam car"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm convinced that the smell was either food or a squirrel but not a "dead body in the dam car"

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you are incorrect. The report results clearly reference that specimen Q12 exhibits apparent decomposition. Can you provide a link to support your opinion that hair color causes characteristics similar to apparent decomp?

decompositionatproximalrootpage2-33.jpg

page 2/3329 http://blogs.discovery.com/files/18530294.pdf

No! Just an opinion that they could use that as an argument.

But even if she is guilty how do you explain the amazing coincidence of her lying about Zanny who doesn't exist, and the police finding a Zanny who had visited Sawgrass, where Casey just happened to take the police for no particular reason.

Could she have gone there herself on the morning of Tue 17th June before Tony woke up, maybe between 9 & 1? (or not!). This is the day that Tony didn't go to school so they could sleep in. It seems unlikely to me that Casey could have spoken to Garcia in spanish like he said she did, unless she had a spanish speaking person with her. I don't believe she could have been that fluent for him to think she was Spanish. He would have remembered if this so-called Zenaida wasn't fluent and didn't look hispanic.

I can't reconcile any of this without some other person being involved.

The idea of Casey knowing or using Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez is not as far fetched as you may think. If you look at myspace pages of alot of the players in this case, and their friends or familial connections, you will find an interconnected web which involves Colonial High School and Cast Iron Tattoo shop. Casey had been using that name for a imaginanny since 2006 according to Richard Grund. It is not out of the realm of possibilities that Casey over heard or read of ZG's planned visit to Saw Grass through one of those avenues. Moreover, Tony L. was looking for an apartment in the same time period/days ZG was. ZG had no means of accessing Casey's vehicle or the Anthony home where alot of the evidence in the case comes from. She is just an innocent victim of Casey's conniving web of deceit and lies.

The idea of Casey knowing or using Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez is not as far fetched as you may think. If you look at myspace pages of alot of the players in this case, and their friends or familial connections, you will find an interconnected web which involves Colonial High School and Cast Iron Tattoo shop. Casey had been using that name for a imaginanny since 2006 according to Richard Grund. It is not out of the realm of possibilities that Casey over heard or read of ZG's planned visit to Saw Grass through one of those avenues. Moreover, Tony L. was looking for an apartment in the same time period/days ZG was. ZG had no means of accessing Casey's vehicle or the Anthony home where alot of the evidence in the case comes from. She is just an innocent victim of Casey's conniving web of deceit and lies.

Completely off-topic, and I apologise, but I have always wondered if ZG has a BOA bank account. There's a BOA quite near to Sawgrass, and we've all seen the indisputable evidence that KC visited BOA. I've always wondered if that might be where/how KC connected to ZG.

Sorry again for being off-topic.

The death band section of the hair was placed on a slide by the FBI. It is in their report. Not sure defense has examined it yet. It has been linked and mentioned on this thread a couple of times.

Do you know of any examples of what the defense should be testing or examining?

This is an interesting question, given that only one expert (Henry Lee) has examined only one item of evidence (the car).

The defense is not obligated to present any experts, present any explanations, witnesses, testimony, etc. - the defense is not obligated to present any sort of defense at all.

Sometimes it is more damaging to a defendant to open doors by presenting a portion of a defense.

I am beginning to wonder if perhaps the defense has decided that the state's likely case in regards to Caylee's body being in the trunk is so strong, that any attempt to refute it would cause more damage to KC's case by opening doors for the state to present even more damaging testimony.

If you think about it, the defense is between a rock and a hard place on this one.

:cow:

No! Just an opinion that they could use that as an argument.

Defense could very well argue, but then look at the results here with overwhelming majority in agreement with the FBI information. All SA has to do is present a very well informed presentation where the jurors are left with no questions. SA in this case has already proven they are on the ball. JMO

I can follow you that ZG doesn't know Casey, Casey has just overheard a comment or read it online that ZG looked at Sawgrass, that could work for me.

So Casey picked this name pretty much at random, being a friend of a friend off Myspace for her imaginanny in 2006 and watched her myspace June/July 2008 to check her whereabouts or even commented online about apartment hunting & managed to get Zenaida to post, for example "I looked at Sawgrass today". She could have used it previously to relate the doings of imaginanny to Cindy. Casey then used this info to lead the police to the imaginanny Zanny when Caylee was reported missing. That would be a good reason for her to delete her Myspace messages. It would also explain Cindy's conviction that "there must be a Zanny" if Casey had used the excuse for some months.

Casey's description of Zanny doesn't match the lady who went to Sawgrass so I can't fathom why she would do that. Why not give a correct description?

I'm not completely convinced that Casey is the murderer because she could have used the Zenaida explanation for Caylee being missing even if she wasn't the one who killed her.

I can follow you that ZG doesn't know Casey, Casey has just overheard a comment or read it online that ZG looked at Sawgrass, that could work for me.

So Casey picked this name pretty much at random, being a friend of a friend off Myspace for her imaginanny in 2006 and watched her myspace June/July 2008 to check her whereabouts or even commented online about apartment hunting & managed to get Zenaida to post, for example "I looked at Sawgrass today". She could have used it previously to relate the doings of imaginanny to Cindy. Casey then used this info to lead the police to the imaginanny Zanny when Caylee was reported missing. That would be a good reason for her to delete her Myspace messages. It would also explain Cindy's conviction that "there must be a Zanny" if Casey had used the excuse for some months.

Casey's description of Zanny doesn't match the lady who went to Sawgrass so I can't fathom why she would do that. Why not give a correct description?

I'm not completely convinced that Casey is the murderer because she could have used the Zenaida explanation for Caylee being missing even if she wasn't the one who killed her.

With all due respect Inspector Gadget, who do you believe to be the killer? Just curious since you are posting that you are not completely convinced?

Well, for one thing it is pretty hard to describe a person you have not met and the fact that LE was breathing down KC's neck for a description she used what references she had available to her such as the One Tree Hill story about the nanny kidnapping a child. Believe the description KC gave matches her description of her nanny. Plus the fact that she had googled that episode prior to Caylee going missing. Must have been something of interest to her there.

The death band section of the hair was placed on a slide by the FBI. It is in their report. Not sure defense has examined it yet. It has been linked and mentioned on this thread a couple of times.

I wonder if the Fbi provided microscopic pictures, so therefore no need to personally inspect.

This is an interesting question, given that only one expert (Henry Lee) has examined only one item of evidence (the car).

The defense is not obligated to present any experts, present any explanations, witnesses, testimony, etc. - the defense is not obligated to present any sort of defense at all.

Sometimes it is more damaging to a defendant to open doors by presenting a portion of a defense.

I am beginning to wonder if perhaps the defense has decided that the state's likely case in regards to Caylee's body being in the trunk is so strong, that any attempt to refute it would cause more damage to KC's case by opening doors for the state to present even more damaging testimony.

If you think about it, the defense is between a rock and a hard place on this one.

:cow:

I found it interesting that JA in giving his hypothetical to the Judge about the duct tape, never mentioned the trunk at all.

The trunk is so important to the states case, I am pretty, sure they will go with it at trial, but not convinced.

I found it interesting that JA in giving his hypothetical to the Judge about the duct tape, never mentioned the trunk at all.

The trunk is so important to the states case, I am pretty, sure they will go with it at trial, but not convinced.

MOO! The thirty one days will nail her.:D

Of the meat and cheese as well?

Hey, I don't know if the meat and cheese got sent to the Fbi. Or anything from the trashbag. Do you? I don't think the Fbi would have waited over a year to dust for prints. Do you?

Not sure why the trash bag contents would be of interest to the FBI as it went into the trunk after Caylee went missing.

That's because JA was addressing solely why they are seeking the death penalty, and presenting some of the aggravating factors, versus presenting their entire case. He was only addressing the motion for which the hearing was held.

I am sure they will introduce trunk evidence at trial. I'm not sure about the air sample evidence since it's new, but JA was the first prosecutor in the country to introduce DNA evidence at a trial in the U.S., so maybe he'll go for another. I am very interested in seeing which way they go with that.

Well, for one thing it is pretty hard to describe a person you have not met and the fact that LE was breathing down KC's neck for a description she used what references she had available to her such as the One Tree Hill story about the nanny kidnapping a child. Believe the description KC gave matches her description of her nanny. Plus the fact that she had googled that episode prior to Caylee going missing. Must have been something of interest to her there.

Hi LambChop

That's true, but I can't see Casey being interested in One Tree Hill. Doesn't seem her style to me at all.

The whole Zanny lie works just as well if someone else did it or if it was an accident, because she has elaborated on an already existing lie. There is evidence that Casey sometimes took other people to the house when her parents were working, so there is always the possibility that someone else did those searches. And if Casey did the murder and premeditated it, she would have had plenty of time to get a more accurate description from the Myspace, most particularly ZGs age and the names of people she knows.

Whilst the evidence might be consistent with Casey having done it, it is equally consistent with someone else having done it. There are dozens of people Casey knew on the internet and the fact that she posted pictures of Caylee means that she had left a lot of information about herself and her daughter out there for anybody to use.

Regarding the evidence in the car, I think the evidence for a hispanic hair is about equally a strong as the evidence of the death-band hair. And whilst I am sure that homicide detectives recognise the smell of decomposition because they are very familiar with it, they are not so familiar with rotting meat locked in a hot car for three weeks combined with other material that might have been in the trunk. If the maggots were outside the bag I think that could be evidence of a body, but since they were inside I think it more likely that that over a month the maggots consumed whatever they were feeding on, and George and Cindy made the statements they did because they feared the worst. Doesn't mean they were correct.

If I were to accept the evidence of the body in the trunk, I would still need evidence of the chain of custody of the car itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom