• I am convinced that there was a "dead body in the dam car"

Votes: 328 95.3%
  • I am somewhat certain that there was "dead body in the dam car"

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • I am not sure what the bad smell was but it could be human, animal or food

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I'm somewhat certain that the smell was not a "dead body in the dam car"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm convinced that the smell was either food or a squirrel but not a "dead body in the dam car"

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi LambChop

That's true, but I can't see Casey being interested in One Tree Hill. Doesn't seem her style to me at all.

The whole Zanny lie works just as well if someone else did it or if it was an accident, because she has elaborated on an already existing lie. There is evidence that Casey sometimes took other people to the house when her parents were working, so there is always the possibility that someone else did those searches. And if Casey did the murder and premeditated it, she would have had plenty of time to get a more accurate description from the Myspace, most particularly ZGs age and the names of people she knows.

Whilst the evidence might be consistent with Casey having done it, it is equally consistent with someone else having done it. There are dozens of people Casey knew on the internet and the fact that she posted pictures of Caylee means that she had left a lot of information about herself and her daughter out there for anybody to use.

Regarding the evidence in the car, I think the evidence for a hispanic hair is about equally a strong as the evidence of the death-band hair. And whilst I am sure that homicide detectives recognise the smell of decomposition because they are very familiar with it, they are not so familiar with rotting meat locked in a hot car for three weeks combined with other material that might have been in the trunk. If the maggots were outside the bag I think that could be evidence of a body, but since they were inside I think it more likely that that over a month the maggots consumed whatever they were feeding on, and George and Cindy made the statements they did because they feared the worst. Doesn't mean they were correct.

If I were to accept the evidence of the body in the trunk, I would still need evidence of the chain of custody of the car itself.

I think the evidence of "grave wax" on the paper towels inside the bag accounts for the location of the maggots.

Hi LambChop

That's true, but I can't see Casey being interested in One Tree Hill. Doesn't seem her style to me at all.

If I were to accept the evidence of the body in the trunk, I would still need evidence of the chain of custody of the car itself.

Snipped: Usually when you google something you have an interest.

So, chain of custody.....where do you think the car has been, or is it that you think someone put another body in the car????

Also: InspectorGadget, have you ever had teenage boys in your household. There is no garbage, they eat everything that is not nailed down. These were young men not that far from their teens.

Good morning IG!!

I am not challenging your statement of "It was only 2.5 cm long" I would just like to see that verified. My memory vaguely recalls the hair found on BB's shovel being that long but I may be incorrect. Could you please provide a link and page number to confirm your claim? TIA

I knew someone would ask me that! Oh boy, thanks to BeanE for letting me know about the html converter I was not aware that was available. I just have to hope that someone on this thread will quote from the documents because I don't have time to do it today. Anbody?

If not I will get back to you when I find it.

I agree, where is that report? But then, where is the report that there was no food in the bag? I mean I know Yuri states it in an email, but Dr Vass quickly emailed him back asking for an inventory. Probably knew that there would normally be food in a kitchen garbage bag.

There may be a dispute, Dr Lee says there was food. There were other witnesses. I know there is a dispute over bench notes. The garage guy says he threw away his bench notes and that is allowed. Yet, I see the fbi keeps all their bench notes or at least I see hand written notes in fbi reports.

And after months of sitting in a box, what condition would any of that food be in anyway?

I woulld hope that they would scrape any food residues into petri dishes or tubes and refridgerate them. They would pour any leftover soda or juice into tubes and refridgerate them. Something to preserve the evidence. Now if there was no food, then Dr Lee is lieing on National Tv. I don't see that happening do you?

HL also said it smelled like rotten garbage.

A possible explanation for the lack of evidence of food left in the bag other than the smell, is that the maggots had consumed it by 15/7.

A possible explanation for the lack of evidence of food left in the bag other than the smell, is that the maggots had consumed it by 15/7.

Question for the experts: Do maggots smell like a dead body after they have eaten salami and velvetta? Or would they smell like pizza?

With all due respect Inspector Gadget, who do you believe to be the killer? Just curious since you are posting that you are not completely convinced?

I don't know who did it. I am looking for a scenario that explains the behaviour of all the people involving themselves in this case.

I do think that Cindy believed Caylee was alive when she was interviewed by the FBI and that George or Lee knew or suspected more than Cindy did about what Casey was up to in the preceding months because it explains their inconsistent statements.

Need more docs!

Snipped: Usually when you google something you have an interest.

So, chain of custody.....where do you think the car has been, or is it that you think someone put another body in the car????

Also: InspectorGadget, have you ever had teenage boys in your household. There is no garbage, they eat everything that is not nailed down. These were young men not that far from their teens.

Yes! I don't think they would eat raw meat, discarded fat from the kitchen or anything that was past its use by date...They usually have no thought for the budget and would happily throw away a whole joint of meat if they thought it was a bit dodgy....

Wasn't the prosecution's best piece of evidence, Q12, used up in the testing?

IIRC it was not used up in testing at all but could not be tested further or by others since there wasn't multiple samples, just the one. It either was examined or is available to be examined in the slide though.

Question for the experts: Do maggots smell like a dead body after they have eaten salami and velvetta? Or would they smell like pizza?

Nope!!!

Maggots don't smell, they have no nose :crazy:

But seriously, I used maggots for fishing and they don't smell. I also just had a dead animal in my garden infested with maggots and removing the body removed the smell, the maggots still present did not smell at all.

It is a major conspiracy theory stretch to suggest that there was sufficient rotting food to make such a smell, that has been shown to NOT smell like a dead body and then for maggots to consume all of the evidence in their lifecycle before becoming flies.

Not only that but, months and months after the offending trash and maggots have been removed from the trunk .... it still smells like a dead body!!!!

ok. I think it's about time that we can at least agree that there was a dead body in the pontiac.
Here what I have if anyone want's to disagree please do so:

1. KC discusses smell...speaks of a "dead squirrel"
2. CA says the car smells like "there is a dead body in the dam car.'
3. GA talks about the dead body smell in car
4. LA talk about the dead body smell in car
5. LE talks about the dead body smell in car
6. two independent cadaver dogs hit on the trunk of the car
7. body farm evidence confirms smell as decomposition
8. coffin flies lead to decomp
9. hair with "death ring" belonging either to KC or Caylee and we know KC is alive

anything else I'm missing. Because after all of this I can certainly conclude without a reasonable doubt (actually no doubt) that there was a "dead body in the dam car"

In a nut shell, your post says it all

Hey, I don't know if the meat and cheese got sent to the Fbi. Or anything from the trashbag. Do you? I don't think the Fbi would have waited over a year to dust for prints. Do you?
Who said fingerprints? You stated that HL found meat and cheese...well, did he microscopically examine what he saw and create a report of his observations? I'm just going by what you said.

Yes! I don't think they would eat raw meat, discarded fat from the kitchen or anything that was past its use by date...They usually have no thought for the budget and would happily throw away a whole joint of meat if they thought it was a bit dodgy....

I think maybe folks were thinking food would never even get to the "dodgy" stage because they would have already eaten it, being poor starving growing male college students. And I can't really get on board with the idea that they would happily throw out food, either. I guess I think it is more likely that hungry college students would eat every scrap versus throw stuff out. And TL had a garbage disposal, so really this is kind of a moot point.

Actually, come to think of it...

Ya'll I don't mean to nag or be rude or anything, but when and why exactly did we get back on the "food in the car" thing? :waitasec:

I knew someone would ask me that! Oh boy, thanks to BeanE for letting me know about the html converter I was not aware that was available. I just have to hope that someone on this thread will quote from the documents because I don't have time to do it today. Anbody?

If not I will get back to you when I find it.

Regarding my statement that hair Q12.1 was only 2.5cm long it looks like I was mistaken. However long it was, the root end was preserved and the rest used up in the testing. My apologies.

Oh Crikey! This is so confusing the way they have released these documents.
Does anyone else find it beyond irritating that there is no index and most of them aren't searchable?

If the FBI are basing their comparison on mitochondrial DNA from Q12, and conclude that they are similar, the same, or whatever way you want to put it, wouldn't Casey's and Caylee's mitochondrial dna be similar or the same because they are closely related, meaning the hairs from the trunk could be Casey's? I think the defense will emphasise that it is a very short piece of hair and argue that the discoloration is due to hair dye.
I don't think there's a hair color by the name of "Death Band" but I could be wrong

I think maybe folks were thinking food would never even get to the "dodgy" stage because they would have already eaten it, being poor starving growing male college students. And I can't really get on board with the idea that they would happily throw out food, either. I guess I think it is more likely that hungry college students would eat every scrap versus throw stuff out. And TL had a garbage disposal, so really this is kind of a moot point.

Ya'll I don't mean to nag or be rude or anything, but when and why exactly did we get back on the "food in the car" thing? :waitasec:
...and dusting nonexistent food for fingerprints no less.

You coul be right about that, but it was Casey doing the cooking I believe. Would be just like her to chuck a large piece of unwanted meat in the garbage, too bone idle to chop it up & put it in the insinkerator. She wouldn't have worried, she hadn't paid for it. She's even too irresponsible to remember to put the garbage in the dumpster.

Think I am still on topic posting about possible evidence of decomposition in the car.

You coul be right about that, but it was Casey doing the cooking I believe. Would be just like her to chuck a large piece of unwanted meat in the garbage, too bone idle to chop it up & put it in the insinkerator. She wouldn't have worried, she hadn't paid for it. She's even too irresponsible to remember to put the garbage in the dumpster.

Think I am still on topic posting about possible evidence of decomposition in the car.
...except that I thought we pretty much established that it was not the meat that was decomposing in the trunk.
With all due respect to those who want to continue discussing the food as the source of the smell, can someone please link a test the defense has conducted that proves that? I'm going by the prosecution reports...and until I see reports that refute the evidence of decomposition in the trunk I will firmly stand by the fact that it was Caylee. It hurts me to think that some may liken decomposition of this child to processed food wrappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3