Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it is not because what these particular attorneys have done, I think it is just that people don't like the defense side in general--because of the nature of their job defending murderers. If you look through the various threads on WS, inevitably there are those who accuse the defense of playing games, of causing more pain and distress to the families of the victims, of lying, of being disrespectful, etc. That is what is occurring in this case, and this is what has happened in numerous other cases, for example, the Alex Murdaugh case, the Barry Morphew case, and the Casey Anthony case. There are more. I will not link posts because it will look like I am targeting individual posters, and I am not, I am just saying that people never like the defense team, and this case is no different. JMO
I like the defense team. :) I know, I know, I’m just one of those lunatics that actually believe RA may in fact, be innocent! I need a LOT more to convince me that he did this, and so proficiently, ALL by himself. MOO

I like the defense team. :) I know, I know, I’m just one of those lunatics that actually believe RA may in fact, be innocent! I need a LOT more to convince me that he did this, and so proficiently, ALL by himself. MOO
I personally don't like/dislike people I don't personally know, haha, I have been burned by public personalities one time too many. I tend to think it more like: Do I agree with their actions? Do I see the logic behind them? In this D team's case, I don't. In the Idaho case on the other hand, I disagree with the tone of the D, but I have found myself agreeing with their actions, as in, everything they do makes sense to me. But that's my own quite special thinking :)

It is perfectly valid to believe something that goes again the 'popular' opinion, not at all lunatic, IMO. That's how democracy works, I believe; if 100% of the population voted for the same party, that would be a terrible sign!

MOO.

TBH I have witnessed all sorts of 'last minute surprises' - I will not feel restful until the verdict has been read out.
And all the appeals exhausted.
And then some.
Good point. Ohio serial killer Shawn Grate waited until his trial was darn near complete before pleading guilty. Without even being offered a plea deal or getting anything out of it.

Fitting that this trial is happening during spooky season.

Yes, that's what the trial is for.

I am confident the jury will hear evidence, deliberate, and make the right decision based on what is presented in court.

jmo
MOO
I do not share your confidence regarding a jury coming to the “right decision.” Jury’s base their decision on the evidence they are ALLOWED to hear. I believe JG has done the families and the citizens of Indiana a grave injustice by not allowing a FULL SODDI defense. While she has left the door open, it’s a door she can EASILY slam shut during trial. Assuredly, this will go to appeal, but what an injustice to all involved, not the least of which are the poor girls and their families. Convicting a possibly innocent man is justice for no one. Personally, I believe this case is not about achieving justice, it’s all about concealing the truth.
MOO

Hear, hear! We don’t know yet if RA is guilty or innocent but these lawyers are doing a very thorough job. They are very skilled (and experienced). In my opinion, they shouldn’t be getting so much hate and vitriol. Nobody should for simply doing their job the best they can.

As always, JMO.

Last edited:
Good point. Ohio serial killer Shawn Grate waited until his trial was darn near complete before pleading guilty. Without even being offered a plea deal or getting anything out of it.

Fitting that this trial is happening during spooky season.
Oh wow. Maybe he just wanted a change of scenery!

I don’t think we will see RA pleading guilty at any point.

As always, JMO.

Hear, hear! We don’t know yet if RA is guilty or innocent but these lawyers are doing a very thorough job. They are very skilled (and experienced). In my opinion, they shouldn’t be getting so much hate and vitriol. Nobody should for simply doing their job the best they can.

As always, JMO.
I don't doubt their experience. Nor do I condone hatred/vitriol/any negative emotions. BUT. If the department I was managing had leaked business strategy, back when I was working corporate I would have been: a) taken through a myriad of legal meetings b) fired c) fined and potentially would have lost my ability to work in the sector. I know it is different depending on the field, and I 100% believe JG should have followed a different route and not a 'courteous' in-chambers meeting, but because of the proven sloppiness of their handling of evidence in two separate occasions, I believe they are not beyond reproach, and reproach alone. That's all. All MOO

I don't doubt their experience. Nor do I condone hatred/vitriol/any negative emotions. BUT. If the department I was managing had leaked business strategy, back when I was working corporate I would have been: a) taken through a myriad of legal meetings b) fired c) fined and potentially would have lost my ability to work in the sector. I know it is different depending on the field, and I 100% believe JG should have followed a different route and not a 'courteous' in-chambers meeting, but because of the proven sloppiness of their handling of evidence in two separate occasions, I believe they are not beyond reproach, and reproach alone. That's all. All MOO
I respect that respectfully-worded opinion.

RD - witness inmate to be transported. Interesting indeed! Can’t wait to hear what he has to say! JMO

Oh wow. Maybe he just wanted a change of scenery!

I don’t think we will see RA pleading guilty at any point.

As always, JMO.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if RA pleads guilty at any point from here to conviction. If he thinks the trial is causing unbearable distress for his family, for example, I could see him throwing in the towel. I think it would be best for his mom and wife to stay out of his sightline, tbh.

I also see this trial going all the way.

IOW, I am prepared for anything, but I do hope we get definitive answers so the whole ordeal can be put to rest without lingering doubts, at last.

jmo

Was the girls going to the bridge not a last minute decision?
There is some controversy regarding that.

IIRC, and JMO-Libby & Abby asked a friend to go the night before so they were probably trying to plan a trip to the trails/bridge on their day off of school.

IIRC, Libby's grandmother, BP, said it was last minute.

I think that the girls were planning it the night before, but did not ask to go or get a ride until last minute so to BP, it was all last minute as she didn't know girls were planning on going.

We all know how young people, especially young girls, can make plans to do something or go somewhere without parents knowing about it - especially if they think they might be meeting a hot, young guy.

I don't think BP is lying-- for her, it was a last minute thing.

But for L & A, they may have been planning this during their sleep over the night before.
JMO

MOO but that appears how the IDOC rolls as well, no? Using felons to “watch” RA. Are they trustworthy? If we’re going to call into question who the D uses in their defense of RA, why not call into question who the IDOC used to suicide watch a man suffering from noted mental illness? MOO

Point taken, SusiQ

I can't wait for this trial to start and #JusticeforLibby&Abby

Carry on :)

Last edited:

Why do you feel like Richard Allen is too inadequate to be proficient in what he sets out to do?

The killer wasn’t by himself he had a gun and a sharp box cutter to help.

The poi was disheveled when seen. Maybe didn’t go so well until he killed then he did what he wanted.

Of note is the familiarity through his daughter of how young girls typically act and react Richard Allen has that is unique to him as compared to the others, imo.

Richard Allen’s position at CVS, which was in good standing, required demonstrable daily proficiency in a variety of important skills.

Richard Allen a recent empty nester with the freedom of no hovering KA had opportunity.

Richard Allen has moves like Mick Jagger KA says and shows in her video he is physically capable of the crime.

We know the scene is smaller no long distances were covered; it’s a compact scene for a compact lone male.

There's a nexus of CVS, the park, the school and Richard Allen's home that sets him ahead of the others as perp, imo.

That’s what I want the jury to see a map of the size of the area to see how perfect the location is for Richard Allen to murder unaided.

A smallish area for a smallish pervert.

All imo

D-3 ... ... ...
It is so close now--

The trial we have all been waiting for since Feb 14th 2017, when 2 young teenagers were found brutally murdered while out enjoying a sunny day, walking on trails and to Monon High Bridge, taking photos and talking "girl talk" and enjoying Life.

We have been here since Libby & Abby first went missing, watching for news updates, as their families and the community searched afternoon, overnight and into the next morning, thinking perhaps the girls were injured, hoping to find them safe....
only to find what had to be the most horrific scene that nobody would ever want to see in their life.

I honestly thought this would be a "slam dunk" case--
The fact that our HERO, LIBBY, actually has a photo, a video, audio of BG !!!

We have had multiple (100's) of possible POI's that most of us have gone down rabbit holes for days, looking at them, comparing them in side by sides of BG photo.

We have had a lot of different theories, different opinions on Prosecutor team and Defense team, agreeing to disagree, each of us standing up to our own believes, based on our own values, life, training, thoughts, experiences and expertise.

BUT-- we have all been here for LIBBY & ABBY and their families.

Monday, we will all be here for the start of jury selection for a trial we have all been waiting for.

I pray for justice for Libby & Abby, their families and for the court system, jurors, and all involved that have worked many long hours to bring us to trial.

I apologize for the long post, I meant to just say a word or 2 and add the photo of Libby and Abby and got a wee bit emotional.

#JusticeforLibby&Abby
1728659091333.png
Photo by WRTV

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member