EVIDENCE - Pro and Con #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let's not forget about the suspicious person/vehicle reported the night Heather went missing on Atalaya Place.

Spot Crime Report

Google Map of Gravel Yard near Atalaya Place

02-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Paris__Paris made a fascinating post yesterday that I can't put my finger on right now that had a link to the police blotter that listed a disturbance called in to the HCPD on Dec. 18 on a deserted road that just happens to have the same name that TM uses as one of her handles. I hope LE were as astute as Paris to pick up on this. That was amazing sleuthing!

2-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Thank you for this. I will re-post what I found.

According to the daily crime reports for the morning of December 18th, at 3:47 a.m. there was a suspicious person/vehicle at 4000 block of Atalaya Place. That is a small court with only about 10 houses.
Seems an unusual out-of-the-way place for any kind of activity. It dead ends, but there is a path that crosses the railway tracks and goes through the bush to the end of Ronald McNair Blvd. There is a gravel pit or something there too. There was a search on Ronald McNair on January 11th, but the meeting place was south of the Parkway. I don't know where the searchers went from the meeting place. I assumed that search took place because LE had the same information I found about Atalaya Place.

I have since come across something else. I know everyone is looking at the Moorer's as suspects. I also know that all of their social media sites have been shut down. I don't know if they locked them up or if LE did. Somebody missed shutting down one of their sites. It's a photobucket account. There isn't really anything interesting in the images saved there, but the account name really stands out. AtalayaL. Same name as the street I mentioned at the beginning of this message.

I am linking a map here. A is where the searchers met on January 11th. B is where the suspicious person/vehicle was reported. My area of interest is between B and HWY 31 (Carolina Bays Pkwy).

http://goo.gl/maps/47deI

2qtv66f.png

I drove over there when we were all talking about Atalaya and had a brief look around. Would probably be worth another trip. I'd go today but, we're getting some weather (Ana).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Dec-2013-19**ARREST**&p=10266659#post10266659

Let's not forget about the suspicious person/vehicle reported the night Heather went missing on Atalaya Place.

Spot Crime Report

Google Map of Gravel Yard near Atalaya Place

02-23-2014, 02:11 PM

2-23-2014, 03:48 PM

I drove over there when we were all talking about Atalaya and had a brief look around. Would probably be worth another trip. I'd go today but, we're getting some weather (Ana).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Dec-2013-19**ARREST**&p=10266659#post10266659

Has anyone sent this info to LE? I'm happy to email it to them.

I forgot about that spot. I don't know if it's my familiarity with PTL or what, but I get a much eerier feeling looking at the image above, than I do when I think of the landing. Also FYI, that photobucket account is still up.

I agree with "Surfside". I got the same eerie feeling whenever I saw that photo. I don`t know how I missed it on the discussions before, but, when I saw that picture, there is no doubt that something is very eerie.

Wouldn't know. Go for it @SStarr33!

I do remember that the police searched over by Ronald McNair Blvd. (right behind Atalaya Place) at some point. Maybe that's why they searched over there--the suspicious person report made that night.

ETA: Here is the link that mentions the search on Ronald McNair; it was searched on New Years Day.
http://m.wistv.com/wistv/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:b7qTgwvx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do remember that the police searched over by Ronald McNair Blvd. (right behind Atalaya Place) at some point. Maybe that's why they searched over there--the suspicious person report made that night.

Even more disturbing, I just searched that road on Google, and S&W Ready Mix Concrete is located at 514 Ronald McNair Blvd.

PTF, if you do decide to go there, maybe you shouldn't mention it on here until you are back home and safe.

I just can`t get over that photo. That gravel pit or whatever looks very isolated. Is it still in use and is it blocked off from any vehicles entering it? There is just something about that area that I can`t shake. I just keep getting this weird feeling. A friend of mine went missing back in the 80`s, and I kept getting these visions of her head sitting on some kind of ledge in deep water. Just a little after that, they found her body cut up in pieces and thrown into a quarry and her head was found on a ledge. Her estranged husband was always the POI, they had an inquest hearing, and they didn`t want to charge him because there wasn`t enough solid evidence, and they didn`t want him to walk a free man if it did go to court. To this day, he is still a free man. They had a lot of evidence at the hearing, but, they didn`t think that it was enough.

Also PTF, maybe wait until the tropical storm has passed. Ha! :badmood:

I did email the info in when I found the connection. I had that same eerie feeling when I saw it.

As far as I know the Ronald McNair search was south of the highway. Not at the gravel pit. I was never able to find a link or info saying if they made their way up to the north side of the highway.

I did email the info in when I found the connection. I had that same eerie feeling when I saw it.

As far as I know the Ronald McNair search was south of the highway. Not at the gravel pit. I was never able to find a link or info saying if they made their way up to the north side of the highway.
I wonder why that wasn't searched. I feel so unsettled looking at that aerial view. I know we all talked quite a bit about that place way back when. Why did we stop? Was it the police stating that the murder took place at PTL?

On a side note, maybe I'm being naive, but I don't believe there's a connection between the screen name, "AtalayaL" and the street, "Atalaya Place." Growing up here, most little girls daydream of being a princess and living in Atalaya Castle at Huntington Beach State Park. I've always assumed the castle was the point of reference for that account. Of course, that may be silly of me, dealing with these types of people, but I just wanted to toss in my own 2 cents.

A long time ago I believe it was said that Heather was ADHD and was on meds for it. Is this true or just some useless info packed away in my brain?

A long time ago I believe it was said that Heather was ADHD and was on meds for it. Is this true or just some useless info packed away in my brain?

Yes this was discussed. I can't say with certainty, but I believe (from her social media) she was prescribed medication for ADD. I've been prescribed a few different medications through high school/college. IIRC she was taking Vyvanse (newer form of adderall that can't really be abused as easily.)

l 100% don't think it has anything to do with her disappearance, but just wanted to reassure you that it isn't just info from outta nowhere :)

Yes this was discussed. I can't say with certainty, but I believe (from her social media) she was prescribed medication for ADD. I've been prescribed a few different medications through high school/college. IIRC she was taking Vyvanse (newer form of adderall that can't really be abused as easily.)

l 100% don't think it has anything to do with her disappearance, but just wanted to reassure you that it isn't just info from outta nowhere :)

Thank you. I don't either, of course. My question was totally out of curiosity. My brain ponders strange things in the middle of the night :)

I forgot about that spot. I don't know if it's my familiarity with PTL or what, but I get a much eerier feeling looking at the image above, than I do when I think of the landing. Also FYI, that photobucket account is still up.

What has always bugged me is the 2nd larger pond directly north a little bit on Mill Pond Road. Map link provided below.

If you zoom in on the 2nd larger pond and look in the very top NorthWest corner, there is a small dirt road/path that goes there and leads to a real small pond. It is so secluded and there are trees blocking any view from anyone.

Its the large pond area across from Squirrels Automotive and in the very top NorthWest Corner as you zoom in, there is a tiny pond up there north of that. There is a crane and some pipes, and there is a bend in the creek up there.

That specific area north of that crane has always bugged me for some reason. I think just because it looks the perfect place to be able to drive to and dump someone.

It is hard to describe the spot I am referring to. It is slightly north of the large pond in that top northwest corner. If you can find the crane when zooming in and look for the stacked white pipes that is it. It is north of the pipes and you can see how there is more water due north of the pipes. someone could drag someone up behind those pipes and put her near that water or in the water.

It would be hard to find anyone back there.

http://www.maplandia.com/united-states/south-carolina/horry-county/peachtree-landing/

For the Atalaya place. It seems access from the other side near the railroad tracks would be the only way they would attempt it there unless they knew someone who lived in one of the houses there.

Those railroad tracks across from the houses provide some cover and gets to the water area too.

When the trial finally starts I am hoping LE will surprise us and have very specific evidence that helps convict the guilty parties.

It seems LE has basically stopped searching so I wonder if they know something specific that makes her unrecoverable.

Lets hope LE has everything they need already.

Anyone know if the parking lot thread is reopened? Had to do a system restore and it cleared my history and bookmarks. Been working way too much and trying to catch up quickly...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back