EVIDENCE - Pro and Con #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anyone know if the parking lot thread is reopened? Had to do a system restore and it cleared my history and bookmarks. Been working way too much and trying to catch up quickly...

Nope. I think I broke it. :blushing:

Ok, that is supposed to be a laughing smiley, but it doesn't look that way, sorry! lol!

For the Atalaya place. It seems access from the other side near the railroad tracks would be the only way they would attempt it there unless they knew someone who lived in one of the houses there.

Those railroad tracks across from the houses provide some cover and gets to the water area too.
RSBM: Wasn't there a report of a suspicious vehicle on Atalaya Place the night Heather went missing? Does anyone remember this? I can't find an article or anything to support this vague memory, but I may be looking in the wrong place.

RSBM: Wasn't there a report of a suspicious vehicle on Atalaya Place the night Heather went missing? Does anyone remember this? I can't find an article or anything to support this vague memory, but I may be looking in the wrong place.

Hey Surfside- I remember this too. I don't know how to link it, but it is on Heather's thread 19 post 567 by Paris-Paris. Hope that helps.

Hey Surfside- I remember this too. I don't know how to link it, but it is on Heather's thread 19 post 567 by Paris-Paris. Hope that helps.

And according to what I read on this thread, the report of suspicious activity on Atalaya place was at 3:47 am on same date Heather went missing. Would it be possible time wise for the Moorers to get to Atalaya from PTL by 3:47?

And according to what I read on this thread, the report of suspicious activity on Atalaya place was at 3:47 am on same date Heather went missing. Would it be possible time wise for the Moorers to get to Atalaya from PTL by 3:47?

I have been pondering over the timeline on this.

Of course one cannot be in two places at the same time. So, it could possible that the M's weren't actually together at that time. And, since the video footage of the truck wasn't able to be enhanced by the FBI, it sounds like it will be difficult (if not impossible) to identify the truck, the driver, if there was more than one person in the truck, or even if it was the M's altogether. IMO, and I'm sorry to say, I think that the video will be highly contested by the D during the trial and possibly thrown out. :(

Atalaya Pl. is approximately a 24 minute drive to PTL. And, that's if you follow the road from Carolina Forrest Blvd.. It's even a whole 5 minute drive from the entrance to the housing community (Plantation Lakes) to where the report was made. https://goo.gl/ujn3qm

Atalaya Pl. is actually a straight shot from Ronald McNair Blvd. the "back way" from River Oaks Dr.. You have to look at the map to see what I mean. I can't see someone driving so far around to get to the end of Plantation Lakes at Atalaya? Hence the report of a suspicious vehicle.

I'm not so sure there is even a connection here but, it does seem to stick out.

Plus, the fact that the area to the South was part of the search where the skeletal remains were found in December of 2013.

IMO, the M's do appear to be quite smug in thinking that LE has it all wrong. Therefore, they are feeling confident that the evidence against them is all wrong.

If there is any connection to this area, would if be for getting rid of H? The site IS a concrete company which synonymous with disposing a body...:facepalm:

It will be interesting to see what was purchased at the Bi-Lo, what time, and if there is video of SM, TM, or both.

Of course one cannot be in two places at the same time. So, it could possible that the M's weren't actually together at that time. And, since the video footage of the truck wasn't able to be enhanced by the FBI, it sounds like it will be difficult (if not impossible) to identify the truck, the driver, if there was more than one person in the truck, or even if it was the M's altogether. IMO, and I'm sorry to say, I think that the video will be highly contested by the D during the trial and possibly thrown out. :(

Atalaya Pl. is approximately a 24 minute drive to PTL. And, that's if you follow the road from Carolina Forrest Blvd.. It's even a whole 5 minute drive from the entrance to the housing community (Plantation Lakes) to where the report was made. https://goo.gl/ujn3qm

Atalaya Pl. is actually a straight shot from Ronald McNair Blvd. the "back way" from River Oaks Dr.. You have to look at the map to see what I mean. I can't see someone driving so far around to get to the end of Plantation Lakes at Atalaya? Hence the report of a suspicious vehicle.

Plus, the fact that the area to the South was part of the search where the skeletal remains were found in December of 2013.

IMO, the M's do appear to be quite smug in thinking that LE has it all wrong. Therefore, they are feeling confident that the evidence against them is all wrong.

If there is any connection to this area, would if be for getting rid of H? The site IS a concrete company which synonymous with disposing a body...:facepalm:

BBM, I do think this has added to the M's arrogance, particularly TM's. She thinks she's getting away with something. Another point, it would be very interesting to know if SM has any work connections to that concrete company or if he's done work in Atalaya Place.

I may be wrong - and we won't know until the trial ---- but I think the defense WILL argue to get that footage thrown out BECAUSE a jury would be able to put 2+2 together with the image that is on that video and, well, it was easy to see it was their truck. It was shown at the first hearing......

I may be wrong - and we won't know until the trial ---- but I think the defense WILL argue to get that footage thrown out BECAUSE a jury would be able to put 2+2 together with the image that is on that video and, well, it was easy to see it was their truck. It was shown at the first hearing......

I didn't realize they actually showed the footage of the truck at the first hearing. That is comforting to hear that the footage is clear and I think it will be crucial to getting a guilty verdict. Even if they can't say it's 100% their truck, when it is combined with all the other circumstantial evidence they will look super guilty to the jury.

*I realize this is coming from the Defense.

BBM

Truslow pointed out that the “home run” in the state’s case last year was a video that allegedly showed Moorer’s truck going to and from the direction of Peachtree Landing where Elvis’ car was found on Dec. 18, 2013.

He said he has an expert witness who will testify that the “moving blob” on the video could not be discerned as Moorer’s truck.

He added that initially the state said the video had been FBI enhanced, but learned later the FBI had not done anything with it.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9904df94-a8a5-11e4-96b6-f738aac44e76.html

and

"What they led the court to believe was that we have videotape of Sidney Moorer's truck driving to the boat landing and back within the relevant time period."

But Truslow argued that the wrong authorities -- not the FBI -- enhanced the video and it is not discernible as Sidney Moorer's truck.

"It seemed to be a home run at the first bond hearing, but it can't be seen as my client's truck," Truslow said.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/27978545/...-am-for-couple-charged-in-heather-elvis-death

[/B][/B]

BBM, I do think this has added to the M's arrogance, particularly TM's. She thinks she's getting away with something. Another point, it would be very interesting to know if SM has any work connections to that concrete company or if he's done work in Atalaya Place.

Or if TCM's families business was connected (like a relative who is no longer living).

Thanks for this, PeterThomas Fan and you make some interesting observations. I have worries about the video as well. I had hoped it could have been enhanced. I pray that the sum total of all the circumstantial evidence will be enough to get a conviction(s). I highly doubt Heather will be found before trial, if ever. Would Moorer be able to use some of the concrete company's equipment or is it locked up, I wonder. I would surmise that the amount of concrete needed would be more than what could be mixed manually, or am I wrong on that? Just wish Heather could be located. That would wipe the smirk off of TM.

*I realize this is coming from the Defense.

BBM

Truslow pointed out that the “home run” in the state’s case last year was a video that allegedly showed Moorer’s truck going to and from the direction of Peachtree Landing where Elvis’ car was found on Dec. 18, 2013.

He said he has an expert witness who will testify that the “moving blob” on the video could not be discerned as Moorer’s truck.

He added that initially the state said the video had been FBI enhanced, but learned later the FBI had not done anything with it.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9904df94-a8a5-11e4-96b6-f738aac44e76.html

and

"What they led the court to believe was that we have videotape of Sidney Moorer's truck driving to the boat landing and back within the relevant time period."

But Truslow argued that the wrong authorities -- not the FBI -- enhanced the video and it is not discernible as Sidney Moorer's truck.

"It seemed to be a home run at the first bond hearing, but it can't be seen as my client's truck," Truslow said.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/27978545/...-am-for-couple-charged-in-heather-elvis-death

Truslow said that to throw doubt - because it is a BIG deal for the prosecution.

Let me remind you - that regardless of who enhanced it - they DID:

1. Identify several specific things about the truck from the video
2. They did rule out other trucks based on those identifiable things
3. It does NOT look like a 'blob'

Truslow - at that bond hearing in Charleston - also tried to say that even with those identifiable things - that the prosecution didn't search - well -I'm not quoting his words -- but basically tried to say because they didn't compare it to every truck ever made that make and model and year (in the entire US!) -- that the prosecution couldn't say it was the M's truck. -----He was reaching..... and trying to cast doubt -- which based on how people have picked up what he said and given less credence to that piece of evidence.......it apparently worked.

I was at that first bond hearing - and IMHO --- that piece of evidence is VERY damning. (FBI enhanced or Local authorities enhanced -- it is what it is!) Truslow has said what a great person is his client is ---- anyone believe that? He also stated the kids needed to be able to go back to school (Um, they're home schooled!) --- so let's be real and call it what it is --- a defense attorney spinning and saying whatever he can to make his clients situation look different then it is!

Truslow said that to throw doubt - because it is a BIG deal for the prosecution.

Truslow - at that bond hearing in Charleston - also tried to say that even with those identifiable things - that the prosecution didn't search - well -I'm not quoting his words -- but basically tried to say because they didn't compare it to every truck ever made that make and model and year (in the entire US!) -- that the prosecution couldn't say it was the M's truck. -----He was reaching..... and trying to cast doubt -- which based on how people have picked up what he said and given less credence to that piece of evidence.......it apparently worked.

I was at that first bond hearing - and IMHO --- that piece of evidence is VERY damning. (FBI enhanced or Local authorities enhanced -- it is what it is!) Truslow has said what a great person is his client is ---- anyone believe that? He also stated the kids needed to be able to go back to school (Um, they're home schooled!) --- so let's be real and call it what it is --- a defense attorney spinning and saying whatever he can to make his clients situation look different then it is!

I agree the tactic appeared to work, taken in isolation. However, how many coincidences can you have? Even with the 'blob' rolling down the road, how can the other pieces that were revealed at the bond hearings be discounted? Factoring in the lies and behaviour of both of them, to me only a few more pieces would bring one to a conclusion that the right people have been accused. The thing that I believe worked more than the blob was the thing about the mistake by the lab with the DNA. Even though Truslow said it was not the solicitor and it was the lab's mistake, in social media it is being bandied about as 'the prosecution lied about the DNA. When everything is laid out I think there are many red flags to look elsewhere to who is responsible for this.

I totally hear you @hoppy. I agree and appreciate your direct take on the 'spin'. I know that's just the D's job to create doubt.

On another note, I've been watching Kirk Truslow's website. It's been down for the past several weeks and now, it looks like it's being squatted by a place called Eagle Web Designs (which is actually located near Peachtree Rd. btw). :snooty:

McCollum was the one who sent out newsletters talking about the case during the gag order.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime
Back