EVIDENCE - Pro and Con

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many calls they have from SM to Heather. If there are more than just a few, him saying it was over between the two of them is not going to fly.

I believe LE and the State were counting on the Moorer's turning on each other. They thought once confined without any contact with each other, one or both would talk and all would be well. This little game didn't work out for them. IMO

I have always wondered if one of the Ms abducted H from her home and took her to PTL and then called the other one to say what happened and to get to PTL as soon as possible. All they would of had to do was to get her into that truck. I believe that she was taken back to their house, either dead or alive and then shortly disposed of. That first phone call from SM was the clue to everything that went down that night.

BBM. I agree. And SM didn't count on these two things:

1. Being caught on CCTV making that call.
2. Heather calling her friend/roommate and telling her what was said on that phone call.

ETA: We have to keep in mind that prior to DNA evidence, people were convicted on circumstantial evidence. SM making that call, HE telling her roommate about it, HE calling him multiple times after that, including in rapid succession once she arrived at PTL, her phone going dead right after that, a truck matching the description of his seen on CCTV in that exact time frame going to and from the area she went missing/was calling him from.....this is all pretty damning evidence that one or both of the Moorers at least SAW Heather that night, at PTL. But, they won't even admit to that.....really, Moorers? That would have to be pretty damn bad luck for Heather to be calling SM repeatedly, from PTL, while a truck like his was headed that direction, but then, what, someone ELSE jumped out of the shadows at PTL in the middle of the night and got her? Or she was so skilled in committing suicide that she made her own body disappear?

2. Heather calling her friend/roommate and telling her what was said on that phone call.

ETA: We have to keep in mind that prior to DNA evidence, people were convicted on circumstantial evidence. SM making that call, HE telling her roommate about it, HE calling him multiple times after that, including in rapid succession once she arrived at PTL, her phone going dead right after that, a truck matching the description of his seen on CCTV in that exact time frame going to and from the area she went missing/was calling him from.....this is all pretty damning evidence that one or both of the Moorers at least SAW Heather that night, at PTL. But, they won't even admit to that.....really, Moorers? That would have to be pretty damn bad luck for Heather to be calling SM repeatedly, from PTL, while a truck like his was headed that direction, but then, what, someone ELSE jumped out of the shadows at PTL in the middle of the night and got her? Or she was so skilled in committing suicide that she made her own body disappear?

Thank you for this, I'm so worried that they're going to get away with this.

How do we know there was no crime scene at PTL? All the evidence has not been presented at the bond hearings. We have not been told why there are murder charges and why LE says Heather was killed at PTL.

And how?

The really sad thing now is that any CCTV from 2 years ago will be hard to come by.

Actually, as I think more about it, it would not make sense for SM to say anything at all until his atty has filed every last motion. If there's a chance he can walk based on insufficient evidence (prior to a jury getting the case), he has no reason to take such a risk.

yes- they offered SM a deal and he said no (no at this time) but maybe yes later depending on how case progresses. I think eventually he will spill something. TM will be working hard to keep him loyal switching (swhishing?) and twitching, but not sure if threatening I'll handcuff you to the bed will work, but then he may be a masochist to be living with her anyway.

yes- they offered SM a deal and he said no (no at this time) but maybe yes later depending on how case progresses. I think eventually he will spill something. TM will be working hard to keep him loyal switching (swhishing?) and twitching, but not sure if threatening I'll handcuff you to the bed will work, but then he may be a masochist to be living with her anyway.

The circumstantial evidences ties SM to this crime way more than it ties TM to it. SM is going to need to keep in TM's good graces unless he's willing to have her turn on him.....

The circumstantial evidences ties SM to this crime way more than it ties TM to it. SM is going to need to keep in TM's good graces unless he's willing to have her turn on him.....

Imagine explaining that to your family, he's in a tight spot. He may have a nervous breakdown before all of this is over.

MOO is that he is likely the one to spill more truthfully over her spilling, and I think there is more circumstantial evidence than the public has been shown. But yes it's interesting, interesting to see how this will turn out for them, interesting characters they are. But not good to murder someone.

Imagine explaining that to your family, he's in a tight spot. He may have a nervous breakdown before all of this is over.

Maybe he sees how much he is worth to his beloved. MOO TM personality is easier to predict than the SM types.

Maybe he sees how much he is worth to his beloved. MOO TM personality is easier to predict than the SM types.

I think his reunion with his family is important and the next few months it's going to be interesting to see how TM handles it. The one thing TM wants is control over SM, the irony is as one obstacle is removed another one replaces it. I hope the state can somehow show the degrees she'll go to keep him.

Not so sure about that. TM's text messages saying that if Heather doesn't tell her where she is,TM will find out another way and that way won't have a good ending for Heather.....then...Are you ready to meet the Mrs. ? If I were a juror, who knew nothing about this case until this moment, and I saw those texts and then Heather goes missing right after speaking to SM? I'd believe that TM found out another way, Heather met the Mrs. and it was not a good ending for Heather. The only thing I'd be unsure about is....did SM bait Heather,trying to draw her out and set her up to meet TM or was SM really sneaking around behind TM's back and calling Heather? SM goes home and a bit later,Heather starts calling and TM snaps? I wouldn't be sure of SM's roll,just that he is keeping his mouth shut.TM's roll would be clear as day.

The DA hammered on him in the hearing to with regards to the phone call evidence. After reading you guys posts about this, I'm wondering if she did that on purpose to pressure him to talk.

Unfortunately - we do have DNA testing now - and many people DO expect that kind of evidence to be presented. It leaves, in the mind of many, the "well, since they have no DNA or fingerprints, or murder weapon, or body.....there's reasonable doubt."

It only takes ONE to hang a jury. One person who thinks that not having at least one of those 4 things means reasonable doubt....

Unfortunately - we do have DNA testing now - and many people DO expect that kind of evidence to be presented. It leaves, in the mind of many, the "well, since they have no DNA or fingerprints, or murder weapon, or body.....there's reasonable doubt."

It only takes ONE to hang a jury. One person who thinks that not having at least one of those 4 things means reasonable doubt....

Two separate murder cases in my area did not have DNA or any physical evidence tying the perp to the murders and both killers got convicted. Both of course appealed their cases. 1 got overturned then the killer took a 2nd degree plea and the other is awaiting to be heard by the NC Supreme Court. But DNA was not needed to convict in either case, is the point.

Judges and prosecution teams instruct the jury about evidence and they walk them through how to evaluate the evidence and the state shows the jury why they can convict based on the evidence presented.

I swear there was just a photo posted of the Kangaroo station here and I came back to look at it again and it is gone. Did anyone else see it?

Maybe on the bond hearing thread, Starr?

ETA: I don't see it now either.

Starr, it's on the social media thread. When you see it you realize that coming from behind the dumpster is a big deal.

Not so sure about that. TM's text messages saying that if Heather doesn't tell her where she is,TM will find out another way and that way won't have a good ending for Heather.....then...Are you ready to meet the Mrs. ? If I were a juror, who knew nothing about this case until this moment, and I saw those texts and then Heather goes missing right after speaking to SM? I'd believe that TM found out another way, Heather met the Mrs. and it was not a good ending for Heather. The only thing I'd be unsure about is....did SM bait Heather,trying to draw her out and set her up to meet TM or was SM really sneaking around behind TM's back and calling Heather? SM goes home and a bit later,Heather starts calling and TM snaps? I wouldn't be sure of SM's roll,just that he is keeping his mouth shut.TM's roll would be clear as day.
indeed tm has made her feelings clear in her communications verbally and pictorially its sm we wonder most about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210