Evidence revealed during the course of the Wrongful Death action

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Two other interesting tidbits in the "document dump".

1. In the police summary there is mention of a prior CPS report regarding Max in Arizona. Who alerted CPS to Max there? Whose care was he in when that alert was made? In many cases a teacher or person outside the family makes the report. Who did it and what was it about? That's a potentially big lead. Think about it!

2. There is mention of an immediate family member (not Rebecca) having attempted suicide just a few months before Max's death. Why did Dinas attorneys not partially redact that family members name from the report before submitting it to the court? Why would they put something so private out there about a family member? It seems irrelevant to the case. Was it done as a FU?

^ 1. I believe Rebecca it was reported in Arizona to Child Protective Servies. Think about it, Dina was concerned about Max being alone with Rebecca. She was a convicted shoplifer, had once pretended to be kidnapped resulting in a Missing Persons report on her, she practiced witchcraft, boxed, did jujitsu, and was known to be a liar. Sure wish we had that report so we knew what RZ had been accused of in the first CPS case.

2. This was something that Rebecca told Snowen. Rebecca lied, so we do not know if this was true. Perhaps Rebecca was thinking of suicide at this time and wanted to see what Snowem would say about someone committing suicide.

More that we learn from this document:

1. Rebecca would name-call GS, calling her fat. What adult does that to a teen girl? A lovely teen girl who was anything but fat. Shows that Rebecca was not the nice, sweet person she has been protrayed to be in these threads.

2. Rebecca lied to Neil about his dog, which was named Ozzle. She told him she was giving it to a friend at work. Instead she gave it to Jonah, who named him Ocean. Why Neil put up with this woman for so long is beyond me.

3. XZ says in her deposition that the scooter was not on Max's legs, but was 1 to 2 feet from him when she came in the room. He wsa also facing the opposite way. Why did Rebecca stage the scene instead of calling 911 to save Max's life? XZ also told police she slept until 11 the morning of Max's accident.

4. Neil met with Xena right before her depostion. Why?

5. Mary lies during her deposition, IMO, saying she has only seen the autopsy reports, has never seen any of the case files, and never has spoken to anyone, including brother Solomen, about the case.

6. Dina Shacknai was with Jonah at Rady's until 1 a.m. the morning of Rebecca's suicide. Greer might as well drop his fraudulent case now - unless he has Dina Shacknai on video leavng Rady's after 1 am and returning before 6:30 am. - which he does not since she was with her dying child all night. The ME said Rebecca's time of death was between 1 and 3 am. There is no way Greer's made-up three Stooges routine could have hppened in that amount of time.

LL,

Regarding question #2: You illustrate perfectly the rationale of my complaint! Thank you.

What Rebecca told her sister Snow about the Shacknai family member attempting suicide shortly before Max's death would be considered "hearsay". Hearsay is not only unreliable its inadmissible in court. And your right, Rebecca could have lied or embellished this entire event, but that's not my point. WHY in the world did Dinas attorneys not partially redact this persons name and incident information from the motion to compel NN's deposition? It's potentially damaging to the individual in question and it's irrelevant to the motion. Dinas attorneys had to know this motion would be available publicly. LL, You posted a link to it here yourself. correct? A simple redaction was all that was needed and I'm at odds to understand why this wasn't done.

Mr. Spock, you would need to ask Dina's attorney why the information was not retracted. Perhaps she will file an exparte to have that done, like Adam's attorney has done due to sensitive information that was left in some of his recent documents. I do not know how that works. Perhaps the document has to be filed in its entirely before retractions can happen.

And just to clarify, the above mentioned suicide attempt would have happened in Jan. 2011 - not "shortly" before Max's death in July.

At any rate, the teen is now a mature adult, so I doubt she cares. JMO

Now Mr. Spock, perhaps you can explain to me why Mary Zahau would let 16-year old XZ meet with Neil Nalepa, a man in his late-30os, whom had divorced Rebecca, alone - and the week she was going to be deposed?

And why did XZ see the scooter 1 to 2 feet from Max, and Max turned the opposite way before 911 arrived and when they arrived she noticed that had changed to the scooter on his legs and him lying the opposite direction?

Mr. Spock, you would need to ask Dina's attorney why the information was not retracted. Perhaps she will file an exparte to have that done, like Adam's attorney has done due to sensitive information that was left in some of his recent documents. I do not know how that works. Perhaps the document has to be filed in its entirely before retractions can happen.

And just to clarify, the above mentioned suicide attempt would have happened in Jan. 2011 - not "shortly" before Max's death in July.

At any rate, the teen is now a mature adult, so I doubt she cares. JMO

Now Mr. Spock, perhaps you can explain to me why Mary Zahau would let 16-year old XZ meet with Neil Nalepa, a man in his late-30os, whom had divorced Rebecca, alone - and the week she was going to be deposed?

And why did XZ see the scooter 1 to 2 feet from Max, and Max turned the opposite way before 911 arrived and when they arrived she noticed that had changed to the scooter on his legs and him lying the opposite direction?

How do you know all these details about the date/year when Jonah's daughter tried to commit suicide? That's not information available to the public. How do you know what the daughter claims motivated her to attempt to take her life? Not what Dina "thinks", but what the daughter felt.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Also in the news today:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-att...alleging-fraud-and-kickback-scheme-1479394276

Simple Betty P, and not extrodinary at all. I read it right there in the document that was being discussed, in Snow Em's interview with the detectives. The one that took place a few days after Rebecca's suicide. The one where she tells the detectives Rebecca told her about the teen's suicide attempt. Rebecca told Snow Em it happened just after Snow Em went back to Germany after visiting Rebecca in January. But since Rebecca rarely told the truth, I doubt it is true anyway.

I did not say what motivated the teen. Nor do I know what Dina may think motivated the teen. Where did you get that? it certainly is not in the post you linked.

Ummm, interesting article, but no one in the case is connected to Valiant (besides selling them Medicis) or Philador. Not sure the point.

BTW, the reason Dina had to get documents from the Department of Immigration Is because Rebecca was not a citizen of the United States. Seems she never bothered to become a citizen. Mary could also still be a citizen of Germany.

Simple Betty P, and not extrodinary at all. I read it right there in the document that was being discussed, in Snow Em's interview with the detectives. The one that took place a few days after Rebecca's suicide. The one where she tells the detectives Rebecca told her about the teen's suicide attempt. Rebecca told Snow Em it happened just after Snow Em went back to Germany after visiting Rebecca in January. But since Rebecca rarely told the truth, I doubt it is true anyway.

I did not say what motivated the teen. Nor do I know what Dina may think motivated the teen. Where did you get that? it certainly is not in the post you linked.

Ummm, interesting article, but no one in the case is connected to Valiant (besides selling them Medicis) or Philador. Not sure the point.

BTW, the reason Dina had to get documents from the Department of Immigration Is because Rebecca was not a citizen of the United States. Seems she never bothered to become a citizen. Mary could also still be a citizen of Germany.

BBM - Do you have a link for that?

I am still talking about the same document, Betty P - the Motion to Compel Discovery ROA #437. The one that has given us so much information and interviews with the Zahaus and Neil Nalepa, and what the topic has been for the last two pages. Rebecca was not a citizen. It is in there, along with so much other new information.

Speaking of all the new information, seems almost everyone on the Zahau side has disappeared now that it painfully obvious that Rebecca staged Max's accident (according to XZ), and now that we see how truly messed up Rebecca was.

It is also apparent that the witness who claimed to see Dina at the mansion was wrong and saw Nina, just like SDSO said, since Dina and Jonah were together at Rady's until 1:00 a.m. July 13, 2011. Did that help to propel her to commit her bizarre, naked suicide? She certainly was jealous of Dina and Max's relationship with Jonah.

It sure isn't looking good for the Zahaus' get rich quick scheme, is it?

Hi BettyP :wave:

The above info is not accurate.

See page 61 of doc 437 for info regarding RZ citizenship.

See page 51 regarding Jonah's daughter.

There is nothing in doc 437 about Mary's immigration status.

XZ's deposition begins on page 169. There are several pages of her deposition missing from doc 437. Including the VERY first page and several pages towards the end.

The information is totally correct.

Page 61:

image.jpg

Neil would have known if Rebecca had gotten her citizenship since she had been with Jonah since they were in frequent contact with each other, last speaking just two weeks before her suicide.

page 51:

image.jpg

Like I said, RZ told Snow Em about the supposed suicide attempt. BTW, calling a teen girl fat sure is an effective way to "make peace" in the household, isn't it?

Page 171:

image.jpg

I said Mary could still be a citizen of Germany. After all, XZ seems to not be a citizen either.

Page 169:

image.jpg

Lash, I was not discussing the pages of XZ's deposition that are not included. It is the ones that are included where she says the scooter was 1 or 2 feet away from Max, proving that Rebecca Zahau staged the accident scene rather than get the severly injured boy medical help.

Hi BettyP :wave:

The above info is not accurate.

See page 61 of doc 437 for info regarding RZ citizenship.

See page 51 regarding Jonah's daughter.

There is nothing in doc 437 about Mary's immigration status.

XZ's deposition begins on page 169. There are several pages of her deposition missing from doc 437. Including the VERY first page and several pages towards the end.

Thanks, Lash! I've been pretty busy lately and need to go back and read those documents again. It will be interesting to find out what's in the missing pages.

The information is totally correct.

Page 61:

View attachment 104880

Neil would have known if Rebecca had gotten her citizenship since she had been with Jonah since they were in frequent contact with each other, last speaking just two weeks before her suicide.

page 51:

View attachment 104881

Like I said, RZ told Snow Em about the supposed suicide attempt. BTW, calling a teen girl fat sure is an effective way to "make peace" in the household, isn't it?

Page 171:

View attachment 104882

I said Mary could still be a citizen of Germany. After all, XZ seems to not be a citizen either.

Page 169:

View attachment 104883

Lash, I was not discussing the pages of XZ's deposition that are not included. It is the ones that are included where she says the scooter was 1 or 2 feet away from Max, proving that Rebecca Zahau staged the accident scene rather than get the severly injured boy medical help.

Your interpretation of the information at the links is incorrect.

There's nothing in the page you linked to that said Jonah's daughter attempted suicide because RZ called her "fat". Not even close. The same applies to your interpretation of the pages you posted about RZ's citizenship status. She had permanent residence status. Why is any of that relevant, anyway? In the US Constitution, murder is still considered murder, regardless of whether the victim was born in the US or elsewhere.

You're welcome BettyP!

BTW, I agree regarding the interpretation, that was exactly my point. Bloviating does not equal facts. As well, selectively choosing what pages from a deposition to include in a court motion does not tell the entire story from that morning. In my opinion, it creates even more suspicion.

I'm so glad there is movement in this case again. Thanks to all that keep it updated and bring us the information.

I never said that Gs tried to commit suicide because Recca called her fat, Betty P. Never ever ever said that. Never. please read my post again.

Permanent resident status is not citizenship, and would require going through Immigration to get records. Suicide is also suicide, which is what Rebecca's death was, whether one is a citizen - or not.

Betty P, how exactly are you going to see what is in the missing pages???

The Zahau crowd is not going to be able to deny the true evidence much longer, and believe me, the Judge won't ignore it either.

Betty P, can you link the clause of the U.S. Constitution that specifically discussed murder and citizenship, cause I shore don't remember anything about murder being in that wonderful document. TIA.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2013/07/which-3-crimes-are-in-the-us-constitution.html

As for being a permanent resident, that meant Rebecca had her Green Card, and could work and live in the U.S. She could not vote or posses a U.S. Passport. She could have applied to be a citizen in May of 2005 - three years after marrying Neil. She did not. I wonder why?

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/permanent-resident-vs-citizen-difference.html

Spouses of U.S. citizens, who have been married and living with the citizen for the last three years, can apply to naturalize after three, rather than five years with a green card. And battered spouses who got their green cards based on marriage to a U.S. citizen, but who filed independently (using Form I-360) due to the abuse, can also use this three-year exception.

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo...ation-naturalization-citizenship-process.html

Betty P, can you link the clause of the U.S. Constitution that specifically discussed murder and citizenship, cause I shore don't remember anything about murder being in that wonderful document. TIA.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2013/07/which-3-crimes-are-in-the-us-constitution.html

As for being a permanent resident, that meant Rebecca had her Green Card, and could work and live in the U.S. She could not vote or posses a U.S. Passport. She could have applied to be a citizen in May of 2005 - three years after marrying Neil. She did not. I wonder why?

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/permanent-resident-vs-citizen-difference.html

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo...ation-naturalization-citizenship-process.html

The status of her citizenship at the time of her murder is irrelevant. That's why the the federal government denied Dina's bizarre requests at the beginning of this lawsuit. Dina must be really worried about her weak defense if she's having to grasp at straws like these. It's not surprising that she's refused for the last 6 months to participate in the discovery process.

Since Rebecca Zahau was the subject of an intense police investigation, her Permanent Resident records would be needed by the SDSO and the other three agencies that worked on the case. Dina is entitled to all of the investigative files. The Zahaus and their followers may want to railroad three innocent people in order to make a fortune, but that will not happen.

Are you talking about the Federal case the Zahaus closed just to keep Dina from deposing the FBI agents that worked on the case?

Actually, Betty P., it is the Zahaus who are stalling. They were suppose to get their interrogatories in to Adam Shacknai's lawyers in July. They still have not done so. Adam has filed a Motion with the Judge and she is not going to be happy, since she gave them three extensions with the last one being final. Under the law, the Plantiffs have an obligation to provide the information.

Why would the Zahaus want to stall a case they brought to court? Because they know they have no case at all.

BettyP :wave:

The newest minute order from ex parte on 11/17/2016.

BBM- notice the comment regarding Adam's dispute to the two sets of discovery. One issue has been resolved and counsel are close to resolving the other. Doesn't appear Zahau stalling was of issue last week hence the word resolved.

CENTRAL MINUTE ORDER
TIME: 08:45:00 AM

DEPT: C-69

JUDICIAL OFFICER PRESIDING: Katherine Bacal
CLERK: Jay Browder
REPORTER/ERM: Not Reported , Not Recorded
BAILIFF/COURT ATTENDANT: Bryan Bagnas

SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA,COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO

CASE NO: 37-2013-00075418-CU-PO-CTL CASE INIT.DATE: 11/13/2013CASE TITLE: Estate of Rebecca Zahau vs. Shacknai [IMAGED]
CASE CATEGORY: Civil - Unlimited CASE TYPE: PI/PD/WD - Other

Curtis K Greer, counsel, present for Plaintiff(s).
Marlys K. Braun, specially appearing for counsel KIM SCHUMANN, present for Defendant(s).Kathleen McCormick, specially appearing for counsel Mark Vranjes, present for Defendant(s).Krista M. Enns, counsel, present for Defendant(s).
Darin L. Wessel, specially appearing for counsel John D Marino, present for Defendant(s).

Now being the time previously set for hearing Defendant Adam Shacknai's Ex Parte Request for Discovery Conference Regarding Dispute Re Plaintiff's Responses to Adam Shackani's First and Second Sets of Discovery, counsel and/or parties appear as noted above and the hearing commences.

Counsel inform the Court that they have resolved one of the issues and are close to resolving the other.

The ex parte is off calendar without prejudice.
Counsel agree to continue Adam Shacknai's Motion for Protective Order as follows:

Motion Hearing (Civil) is continued pursuant to Court's motion to 02/10/2017 at 11:00AM before Judge Katherine Bacal.

Minute Order from Ex Parte held on 11/02/2016

Snip from page 2-

Attorney Greer informs the Court that they have been requesting discovery from Dina Shacknai for 6 months and responses are still pending, though there are objections.

Attachments

• IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1522.jpg
    IMG_1522.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 25

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors