Evidence subject to Frye - *UPDATED* 2011.05.09 (ATTN: ALL ORDERS IN!)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patty G uploaded the HLN PrimeTime News videos for us! :blowkiss:

You can access them by clicking on the link included in [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6397715&postcount=30"]this post[/ame].

Good commentary! Lisa Bloom, Vinnie Politan, et al...

I may be all wrong, but these motions that Judge Perry just ruled on seemed to be the less complicated ones and his orders were short and concise ... IMO the air sampling and root growth are the more complex motions to rule on and probably required more prep time to draft ... and I'm sure Judge Perry wants to get it right the first time ...
Who knows for sure but I think it's all going to come in ... Dr Vaas was a very compelling expert witness and so was Dr Haskell ...

Keep the faith! :praying:

As long as Dr. Vass can testify to what he did when he opened the can that contained the carpet sample, I'm good. He said he had to jump back two steps because the smell of human decomposition was so strong (or something to that affect).

Considering how many dead bodies he has smelled, I'd consider his nose an expert. His skunk analogy was also very good. The jury will love him and more importantly understand every words he says. He shows no bias and clearly loves science and loves to share his knowledge in a very humble way. In fact, he is the best witness I've ever seen.

The thing is, an incorrect ruling on the air sample evidence isn't likely to get the case overturned. There's too much other evidence that says the same thing... a dead body, specifically Caylee's, was in KC's car. For the case to be overturned on the air sample evidence being admitted incorrectly, it has to be decided that the entire outcome of the case would have changed had it not been admitted. HHJP knows this so I'm not so sure he's worried about an appellate issue with his ruling. I think he's just making sure he drafts his order perfectly with lot's of research and citations to back his opinion.

bbm
Thanks for pointing that out ... It's the totality of the evidence that will convict her ... it will be pretty hard, given the enormous amount of evidence, to say which piece was the deciding factor or the one that carried the most weight ... because of that, I doubt their will be ANY appellate issues whatsoever ... IMO

As long as Dr. Vass can testify to what he did when he opened the can that contained the carpet sample, I'm good. He said he had to jump back two steps because the smell of human decomposition was so strong (or something to that affect).

Considering how many dead bodies he has smelled, I'd consider his nose an expert. His skunk analogy was also very good. The jury will love him and more importantly understand every words he says. He shows no bias and clearly loves science and loves to share his knowledge in a very humble way. In fact, he is the best witness I've ever seen.

I'm with you and couldn't have said it better ... and Dr Vaas knew what was in the can, yet was surprised by how strong the odor was ... I think his expert nose and skunk analogy will go a long way with the jury ... I hope he gets to explain his backyard decomposing squirrel experiment to the jury ... they are going to love him ... he may even get the vote for the favorite expert witness at the trial ...

I won't lie.....I'm going to be very disappointed if all of Dr. Vass' testimony is not allowed.

I know we're not at the Sidebar, but one of the perks of being a mod is we can break out the champagne for a special occassion even on a "dry" thread. Well, just this once. :angel:

So, CHEERS EVERYONE!!!

champagne.jpg

Aweeeee!! That's our Peach!! Always thinking of us!! :D I got two reasons to celebrate. I had a wedding in my house Saturday!! I gained a daughter!! I am beyond thrilled. Sorry for the O/T , but I had to share the wonderful news, and now this!! :woohoo::great::woohoo::great:

Why couldn't she have simply used chloroform to knock her child out completely before strangling her, drowning her or smothering her? That's what I think happened and what the state will present to the jury.

Gitana, she could have, may have even - altho that isn't what JA was saying the day ICA whined ''Make him stop'' - even without the chloroform we have THREE pieces of duct tape wrapped around that tiny face and apparently a fourth that may have been used to bind her tiny arms behind her back (if our stain photo sleuthing is correct) - why would she need to bind those arms if Caylee was zonked on chloroform?

For Caylee's sake I hope it is true, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself...

Gitana, she could have, may have even - altho that isn't what JA was saying the day ICA whined ''Make him stop'' - even without the chloroform we have THREE pieces of duct tape wrapped around that tiny face and apparently a fourth that may have been used to bind her tiny arms behind her back (if our stain photo sleuthing is correct) - why would she need to bind those arms if Caylee was zonked on chloroform?

For Caylee's sake I hope it is true, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself...

BBM-Me too.

The fourth piece of duct tape had fringe hairs on it so I believe it was used to bind her arms together. Sadly, I think Caylee was fully awake and felt every ounce of terror and torture her little body went thru.

IMO

A little late...but I'm a follower/rare poster who is celebrating :great: for Caylee....Oh hap hap happy day!! :woohoo:

Someone on TV made an interesting statement or observation about how a person could lie to the cops constantly and also be capable of killing with out feeling shame or remorse or even guilt. The statement was something to the effect Casey has such a high excitement threshold that lying to a cop does not scare her. Killing her child did not scare her or even really upset her that much.

Normal people feel pain for others, they have empathy. For some reason Casey lacks this emotion. Everything to her is just another act, like an actor in a film. Its not real, just like she said the day they found Caylee;s body. Sad but true....

Ted Bundy felt no remorse or empathy for his victim. Not until the day he walked into the death chamber did he show any real fear. At that moment he pled with the corrections officers to let him live a little longer. He tried to bargain with them by saying he could help locate more bodies. Of course they said no and they had enough evidence. So until that moment he never felt fear. He cried like a baby as they carried out his sentence... Good Ridence.....

bad actor more like it.

A little late...but I'm a follower/rare poster who is celebrating :great: for Caylee....Oh hap hap happy day!! :woohoo:

Great to hear from you! :great: Make sure you get some champagne! Or Ducky brought some special jasmine tea, if you prefer!

Great to hear from you! :great: Make sure you get some champagne! Or Ducky brought some special jasmine tea, if you prefer!

I see I'm going to be the designated poster for this trial.

That's fine, I don't mind making sure you all get home safe.

But if you ever need someone to hold back your hair... Forget it.

Aweeeee!! That's our Peach!! Always thinking of us!! :D I got two reasons to celebrate. I had a wedding in my house Saturday!! I gained a daughter!! I am beyond thrilled. Sorry for the O/T , but I had to share the wonderful news, and now this!! :woohoo::great::woohoo::great:

------------------------------
:party:::toast So happy for you Tulessa. Sorry O/T..:great:

Let's stay on track with this thread. It is about "Evidence Subject to Frye Hearing". If this thread continues to go off topic, it will end up being locked. LAST WARNING!!!!

Hit the thanks button that you acknowledge you have read the post.

I may be all wrong, but these motions that Judge Perry just ruled on seemed to be the less complicated ones and his orders were short and concise ... IMO the air sampling and root growth are the more complex motions to rule on and probably required more prep time to draft ... and I'm sure Judge Perry wants to get it right the first time ...
Who knows for sure but I think it's all going to come in ... Dr Vaas was a very compelling expert witness and so was Dr Haskell ...

Keep the faith! :praying:

Bold mine.

ITA and we all noticed how HHJP's attention was very much on Dr. Vass during his testimony. I think that HHJP found it fascinating, as did I.

Plus, Dr. Vass is such a cutie-patootie...I also would like to see more of him! :blushing:

At the last hearing, JA said the state is not using all the party photos; only a few. IIRC the DT had no problem with that? So why did the DT file a motion to have them excluded as evidence?

The "Prime News" videos posted in our daily news thread... There was at least one disgusting photo there I've never seen. Did you notice there were a few photos we've never seen?

"Prime News" stated these were party photos taken while Caylee was missing, but I thought at the last hearing it was stated some of these photos were taken before Caylee was missing, OR does it mean when she was missing, but BEFORE it was reported that she was?

Sorry for my confusion. Thank you! :)

I have a question a out the sticker that I didn't get a chance to ask last night. What was the order of the events? I am thinking that someone saw the residue, THEN as a result LE looked around and found the sticker at the site. Does anyone know if I am right on that or was it the other way around?

At the last hearing, JA said the state is not using all the party photos; only a few. IIRC the DT had no problem with that? So why did the DT file a motion to have them excluded as evidence?

The "Prime News" videos posted in our daily news thread... There was at least one disgusting photo there I've never seen. Did you notice there were a few photos we've never seen?

"Prime News" stated these were party photos taken while Caylee was missing, but I thought at the last hearing it was stated some of these photos were taken before Caylee was missing, OR does it mean when she was missing, but BEFORE it was reported that she was?

BBM....
To use for an appeals issue down the road....this is just renewing their position to get anything incriminating excluded...goes to ICA's state of mind..it's all relevant...

I didn't catch what HLN news stated and in what context so I can't respond to that.

JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Cloud,
I hope I can help with your confusion. The State has a ton of pictures, some taken before June 15, 2008 (ie: kc's 21st birthday peeing in the parking lot, the burrito pics in the car, dressed up in the poker outfit and dirty dancing with the lollypops, etc). There was a discussion about pictures taken before Caylee went missing that might be prejudicial and then the pics taken @ Fusion and in the blue dress while her child was missing. The State did say they would not be using All of the fusion party pictures but only a few.

Just catching up and have not read everything, but maybe she used chloroform to put her to sleep and then bound her to keep her still and quiet in case she woke up before ICA came back. If she needed her to sleep for 10 or 12 hours - time to go and party and then sleep with TL or whoever, she could not risk Caylee waking and crying out or crawling around trying to get someone to help her. And, as horrible as this is, what if they had happened one of the times she drugged this child? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33