Evidence subject to Frye - *UPDATED* 2011.05.09 (ATTN: ALL ORDERS IN!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And don't forget to add the only true state (IMO) that Cindy has said in this case: Smells like there's been a dead body in the dam car.
jmo

Ahh yes...the excited utterance. The ultimate utter truth by CA, before she forgot how it was only pizza sitting in the hot car trunk.

I do have a fondness for seeing the A's exposed lies.

Ahh yes...the excited utterance. The ultimate utter truth by CA, before she forgot how it was only pizza sitting in the hot car trunk.

I do have a fondness for seeing the A's exposed lies.

Don't forget that AH in her defense depo just released said that CA stated to her in the car on the way to pick up ICA that the car smelt horrible and that they had thought it was either ICA or Caylee in the trunk before they opened it. So now there is confirmation that this was not just a way of getting the police to show up.

Don't forget that AH in her defense depo just released said that CA stated to her in the car on the way to pick up ICA that the car smelt horrible and that they had thought it was either ICA or Caylee in the trunk before they opened it. So now there is confirmation that this was not just a way of getting the police to show up.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better :great:
From now until the end of the trial I think every day will get sweeter and sweeter with the juicy details of what really took place, what was really said, where ICA was spending her time when she was supposedly working and last but not least, what really happened to Caylee.
May has never looked so beautiful, even with nature bursting forth with her brilliant pallet of colors; justice just seems to have a beauty all her own.
Justice is coming for Caylee Marie!

His Honor still has to rule on the K9...the choloroform...

I am so happy the jury will hear all the evidence and facts of this case..for it will be the totality of the evidence that gets that guilty verdict...I await justice for Caylee Marie...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

And that is my point, you can find a "few" studies here and there that find similar compounds, but since the entire database is secret, you can't determine whether all of the compounds that should be present in a decompositional event are in fact present.

Which leads to the fluoride problem, suddenly a hallmark of his database is missing and he is able to easily discount its absence. Strict peer review would have at least allowed other to opine whether the absence of the fluoride was significant or not.b

Secret just = 'Work Product' doesn't it? I bet the people who make fabreze wouldn't give the DT a complete recipe to brew up a batch either.
Science doesn't exist solely to serve the judicial system unfortunately. It exists to prove truths that can't be manipulated by lawyers, even ones focused on the single grain of sand at the expense of the beach worth of data that must be examined and understood. :innocent:
Stricter peer review? Wow, that's pretty insulting and arrogant RH IMHO. Ethics plays a huge role in what Dr Vass and his peers do.
Criminal Defense on the other hand?? Not so much.............
but we love you anyway. :seeya:

Yes, they have to establish a "foundation". In the most basic terms, it means they have to offer evidence and a reasonable explanation (relevance) of why they believe Caylee was in the trunk. For example, a perfect one would be the hair with the death band (if allowed). Canine alerts should do it, too. There are probably several others that aren't jumping out at me at the moment.

I really don't think the prosecutors wil have any problem establishing a foundation to get the stain evidence admitted. The defense likes minimizing it as a "minor setback". okay...whatever brush they want to paint it with is fine by me. ;)

ETA: I asked on the Verified Atty. thread more specifically what would be required to lay the foundation...AZ answered me here.

BBM respectfully :)
Momma doll being in the car is significant for me, especially if CA is emphatic that Caylee never went anywhere without her.

He's right. But there is nothing wrong in being obsessed when it come to justice for Caylee.
jmo

There is also nothing wrong with crying . . . as long as you can hold your head up!

"They" thought this. CA admits not only GA but she thought this! And, GA put his nose on the stain....we'll get that before a jury as well. Isn't it curious that CA tells AH in the car that ICA may go to jail? I guess she meant ICA may go to jail if those dryer sheets didn't do the trick.

This is awesome news. I think if the hair evidence is allowed in, that will be the one-two punch. Both of them together are more than the sum of the parts.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27626622/detail.html

Fla. Justices Toss Evidence Found By Drug Dog

I don't post here often but I do read everyday. Hope this is OK to post.

It doesn't look good for the K9 evidence coming in given this decision by the Florida Supreme Court.

Hi katsclown :wave:

The State Attorney's covered their tracks during the recent hearing and the K-9 alerts should be safe.

AZlawyer addressed the Supreme Court decision in her [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6371387&postcount=1309"] post here[/ame].

I am so happy that ICA will have to see the outline of what she did to her daughter Caylee, front and center. I am hoping that she will react as we would all expect her to in true form.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27626622/detail.html

Fla. Justices Toss Evidence Found By Drug Dog

I don't post here often but I do read everyday. Hope this is OK to post.

It doesn't look good for the K9 evidence coming in given this decision by the Florida Supreme Court.

This was answered in the lawyers thread. It seems that the evidence was tossed because they did not provide training logs for the dogs which gives credance to certification even though Florida has no standard. In other words, if the SA provides training logs as they did in the Frye hearings, the evidence is considered good, admitable.

Great news! :great:

I think the hair and dog evidence is coming in too. Sticker and air may not imo. But this is very good.

Didn't JB handle those 2 issues the same way he handled this issue. That it was the SA who had the burden. IF he didn't as required, then the Judge has no choice but allow it. Which is what he stated in this denial. The burden is on the DT who brought up the motion.

Hi katsclown :wave:

The State Attorney's covered their tracks during the recent hearing and the K-9 alerts should be safe.

AZlawyer addressed the Supreme Court decision in her post here.

Thanks 'Beach

Whew I should have known the SA's followed the Supreme Court's upcoming decisions and covered all the bases. Also should have known the media might have not gotten it "right".

Thanks 'Beach

Whew I should have known the SA's followed the Supreme Court's upcoming decisions and covered all the bases. Also should have known the media might have not gotten it "right".

I'm thinking that they might have known that case was in the FL Sup Court and heard what the objections were. Based upon that, they would have known what "T's" they would need to be crossed, just in case. And most likely it made sence. A little modern house keeping on the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member