Evidence

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The strongest evidence against KC to me is her own words. Specifically, one jail video, CA says as soon as they find Caylee, you can tell everyone what you know and then you'll get out. Don't you think? KC's answer was very telling to me. Her reply, "potentially". If she were innocent, she would have been screaming - "YES" when she's found, I'll be vindicated. She couldn't answer "yes" because she knew when Caylee was found it would be worse. She couldn't answer "no" because she didn't want to tell her mom the truth. So she spewed some backwards crap "potentially". My view was set in stone the moment I heard that.

That's why I say it's a stretch .

I think you're right about them coming up with a story to protect KC, but I think they might have done that after KC's first call home when she said "nobody in my family is on my side." I can't make up my mind if they really thought she was innocent, wanted to convince her they were on her side so she would talk, or that the thought of what happened was so horrible they just couldn't let their minds go there. Or maybe it's like CA said, they just couldn't stand to lose another one so they decided to defend KC to the end, even if she was guilty, no matter what they had to do. I don't think we'll ever know that for sure because you just can't believe anyone in that family.

my bold

Any evidence that connects the trunk of her car to the remains found near her home. Any fibers from the trunk/remains. Any fibers from the home is not really usefull because Caylee lived in that home. Body fluids trunk of car, found any residue inside the black bag.

I would , while still very respectful of your opinion, disagree.

I don't know if Casey was in and out of the home after Caylee's date of death

Any fibers from the home, which are found at the scene of the remains discovery,

if they relate back to something in the home which was , by proof,

purchased long after Caylee died, whether days, weeks or months after the date of Caylee's death,

for me, is evidence of foul play.

jmho:)

I think you're right about them coming up with a story to protect KC, but I think they might have done that after KC's first call home when she said "nobody in my family is on my side." I can't make up my mind if they really thought she was innocent, wanted to convince her they were on her side so she would talk, or that the thought of what happened was so horrible they just couldn't let their minds go there. Or maybe it's like CA said, they just couldn't stand to lose another one so they decided to defend KC to the end, even if she was guilty, no matter what they had to do. I don't think we'll ever know that for sure because you just can't believe anyone in that family.

Agree,but I think we will hear about a lot of physical evidence and hear from a lot of KC's friends. Surely enough to convict and hopefully enough to figure out everyone's role in this.

If this is circumstantial evidence (above in bold), then what is physical evidence??

I think I can help clear it up. (I hope).

There are two kinds of evidence, it is said:

Circumstantial vs Direct

There are also two kinds of evidence, it is said:

Real Evidence (for example things or events introduced, perceived by the senses ) vs Testimonial Evidence

Things can cross over into different categories.

A scar shown to jurors for example can be real evidence and circumstantial evidence, at the same time.

Physical evidence that we know about:

The car itself -- it was Casey's
The decomp in the car
The hair in the car
Dirt in the car
Caylee's remains with duct tape and hair
The garbage bag she was found in
Items within the garbage bag --we just don't know what they are
Any other physical items at the crime scene - we just don't know what they are

Any other physical items?

my bold

I would , while still very respectful of your opinion, disagree.

I don't know if Casey was in and out of the home after Caylee's date of death

Any fibers from the home, which are found at the scene of the remains discovery,

if they relate back to something in the home which was , by proof,

purchased long after Caylee died, whether days, weeks or months after the date of Caylee's death,

for me, is evidence of foul play.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but would that include any fibers found on plants in the area, or just those fibers on and inside the bag? I'm thinking that, since the vegetation was so dense, her clothing probably snagged or brushed against some of those plants. Would the flood waters have washed away any fibers not inside the bag?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but would that include any fibers found on plants in the area, or just those fibers on and inside the bag? I'm thinking that, since the vegetation was so dense, her clothing probably snagged or brushed against some of those plants. Would the flood waters have washed away any fibers not inside the bag?

We`all ask questions. There is no stupid question!:blowkiss:

It could be either. The key is it must be specific enough to the little area where the remains are, so as to exclude other places of origin.
It might be wishful thinking on my part, but stranger things have happened to sink a defendant's ship.:)

I think that with the evidence from the home, Casey would have to testify that the imaginary Zenaida had the key to the house. Except there is no Zenaida to have had the key, and you know even if there were some imaginary Zenaida, she certainly wouldn't volunteer to come forth now waving the key in front of a jury. And Casey won't testify. So there is no key, no Zenaida to have come into the house. Nope. Can't blame that on someone else.

I think that with the evidence from the home, Casey would have to testify that the imaginary Zenaida had the key to the house. Except there is no Zenaida to have had the key, and you know even if there were some imaginary Zenaida, she certainly wouldn't volunteer to come forth now waving the key in front of a jury. And Casey won't testify. So there is no key, no Zenaida to have come into the house. Nope. Can't blame that on someone else.

Oh thanks for that.

It amazes me still that we have a case where this post makes perfect sense!!!:crazy:

But the fact that she felt the need to tell Amy about the "dead squirrel" plastered to the frame of her car, even though NO ONE had mentioned the smell to her, speaks volumes. (of course, she had a different story for Lee)

You don't know that no one mentioned the smell. It is more likely that Amy and others said "jeez, what the hell is that SMELL????" and Casey had to come up with a story.

The strongest evidence against KC to me is her own words. Specifically, one jail video, CA says as soon as they find Caylee, you can tell everyone what you know and then you'll get out. Don't you think? KC's answer was very telling to me. Her reply, "potentially". If she were innocent, she would have been screaming - "YES" when she's found, I'll be vindicated. She couldn't answer "yes" because she knew when Caylee was found it would be worse. She couldn't answer "no" because she didn't want to tell her mom the truth. So she spewed some backwards crap "potentially". My view was set in stone the moment I heard that.

just quoting that because it's very astute.

i'll bet the second cross from jc penny is there. that will send casey away for life. for those of you seeking the dp, don't forget that not only is that too savage for a first world country, but that it would be too easy of a punishment. i would say jmo but that'd be stupid.

We`all ask questions. There is no stupid question!:blowkiss:

It could be either. The key is it must be specific enough to the little area where the remains are, so as to exclude other places of origin.
It might be wishful thinking on my part, but stranger things have happened to sink a defendant's ship.:)

Thanks. I keep wondering about the shoes they took. Do you think there could have been a shoe print on one of the bags? I teach school in FL and when my kids come in from PE there are exact prints of the bottoms of their shoes (that's how I figure out who forgot to stomp the sand out!). Sweeping will take away the sand, but the stain from the print stays unless you clean it with detergent--plain water doesn't wash it away. I know the sand would fall off as it dried, but that residue would stay on a bag if it was inside and away from the water. Or maybe there was a footprint that the water didn't reach??

For physical evidence we have the hair with the death band.
The stain in the trunk of the car.
Possibly the pants that CA washed, there may have been evidence still obtainable.
Whatever was in that bag that sent LE running back to the house.

Other than that nothing physical that I can think of.

ETA: the duct tape and trash bags xould be considered physical if they can be linked to items in the house. Forgot that one.

Oh thanks for that.

It amazes me still that we have a case where this post makes perfect sense!!!:crazy:

I', likewise amazed. I think the defining moment of this whole cae and it's craziness was when the judge (I think) told Casey that hse left her daughter with a person that didn't exist, at a place that didn't exist.
Now these are things that we should never have to hear and consider logical.

3 females may have been shedding hair in that house, but only one of them was shedding hair with a death band -- the one who is dead.
We have heard Casey's side. Her side is that she left Caylee with a nanny. Even if she comes up with some new scenario that explains how she was not responsible for her daughter's ending up dead in her trunk and discarded near her home, she will have absolutely no credibility with the jury AND her story will be easily disproved like all the rest.

Our thoughts are the same on this.

You assume it is/was Casey. She isn't the only person around her car, in the house, etc. The hair in the car was from an Anthony presumed dead, which would most likely be Caylee as we now know..... but 3 females were living in that house - shedding hair about, transferring, etc.

I wouldn't get to fired up until we hear Casey's side of this. The girl can lie.

We have heard two of "Casey's side of this":
  • last saw Caylee at the Sawgrass Apartments with Zanny
  • Caylee was taken by Zanny and Samantha at JB Park

What could Casey possibly say now that anyone would believe?

Generally, the two types of evidence in a criminal case are direct and circumstantial. The former proves the existence of a fact directly, and can come from one having knowledge of a fact. The latter is evidence requiring an inference. If someone sees the burglar taking jewlery out of the safe (and they are believed): direct evidence. If someone sees a person running away from the burglary site with a duffel bag: circumstantial evidence.

Eve

Thanks Eve for that.

OH c'mon.... you haven't heard squat from Casey yet. Has she testified to that? No.

Yes, I know the hair is from a deceased Anthony which I said would be Caylee.

I do not want to argue this -- just making a point. You don't know if it is her or someone else. Casey will be the victim I'm sure.
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but wanted to respond to this post.

Yes. Casey HAS testified to that. She signed a sworn statement which will be used as evidence against her saying that she gave Caylee to the fake nanny etc. Her statements she made during the phone calls and the video taped visits in jail can also be used as testimony unless a judge deems them inadmissible for some reason.

I believe the physical evidence linking Casey to the murder will not be made public and remains in the treasure trove of information held by the SA's office. I think they have items which will directly link Casey to the decomposition of Caylee and the site where they found her.

There will be plenty of circumstantial evidence to tie her to Caylee's murder, when, where, and how she dumped her body. I also believe part of this will include the A fam and will lead to charges there.

We have heard two of "Casey's side of this":
  • last saw Caylee at the Sawgrass Apartments with Zanny
  • Caylee was taken by Zanny and Samantha at JB Park

What could Casey possibly say now that anyone would believe?

Well, the truth is that Casey lies, and I think she prides herself in that ability. My thought is that she will concoct a lie that will trump these two, as in: I was lying before, but now I'll really tell you like it is, such as: Zanny had several friends who were into really bad stuff, and I knew that I shouldn't have left Caylee with her, but I had before and everything was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome