Evidence

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO - They have had 5 months to produce the "nanny", or anyone who has seen or witnessed the "nanny". Now, if the FBI cannot produce the "nanny" and the private detectives hired by the Baez law firm cannot produce a "nanny", then logical common sense would be that there is NO Nanny, and the defense would be crazy to use that as a defense. To me, this lack of physical evidence of no "nanny" is quite compelling and sometimes lack of physical evidence (like a person) is something to consider.

:clap:

* above respectfully bolded by me. :)

SeriouslySearching you make excellent points. I just wanted to add that so many people seem to continually disregard the importance and significance of circumstantial evidence. Even before they found Caylee's remains for example, although the SA didn't have a slam dunk case it was the totality of the circumstantial evidence that that got the GJ to indict Casey, and IMO also would have gotten them a conviction for murder.

I have also long time now believed that SA has kept much of their evidence close to the vest contrary to popular belief otherwise! Although I am certain that the defense team will try everything in the book to discredit LE, (Yuri & Mellich mostly)the meter reader and his find, as well as all of the crime scene investigation because it truly is the only viable defense that they have. What jury is going to buy the "nanny" story when she simply cannot even be verified?!

Playing devil's advocate: if they felt they had enough evidence already, why would they keep executing search warrants on the house and pulling out shoes, clothes, etc?

Toledo, if you read the document I linked above, if the data is true, and if it is a dark band rather than light, it must have come from someone that was dead over 90 days. That doesn't fit the possibile timeline. If it was a light band, even Cindy or especially her mother could have this light band, even though alive.

Uh oh, another wrench thrown into this?? Guess we'll have to see. I hadn't heard any of the experts (Kobi, etc.) mention anything like this.

I've written Nancy G asking her to ask Kobi these two questions, about the yellow vs dark band and PMI, plus tetra chloride and pig decomposition. We'll see if she has the guts to ask. If I'm right, the answer will cut down on her sensationalism so, we'll see if she asks.

I am heading out for the day and have been so busy the past couple of days that it's been hard to really delve into posts. This thread is of great interest to me. Eventually, I'll get around to typing out the book that I feel is what's going to get Casey convicted, but for me, it's never been about any 1 piece of evidence. It's taking the totality of it all together, and coming to the realization that there is ONLY 1 answer that explains it ALL. While Baez may be able to raise doubt in a few areas, he will never be able to explain everything away and IMO, that's what's going to sink any defense he may come up with.

Uh oh, another wrench thrown into this?? Guess we'll have to see. I hadn't heard any of the experts (Kobi, etc.) mention anything like this.

Dr. Baden brought this up when the test results first came out.

Also how could there be such high chloroform levels in the trunk and still have live flies and maggots in there.

Rose red, I read that the behavioral science unit uses chloroform on their bugs at a crime scene for testing. I don't think the chloroform makes a difference on the bugs in the trunk of the car. I believe it would keep them inyact for testing. I'm not a forensic scientist so if any entemologist (sp) are online they would be better able to answer. There is an old thread on this subject.

I think the possibility remains that one of the Anthonys sprayed insecticide in the trunk to get rid of the flies and maggots. Insecticide does contain chloroform. This could also be a plausible reason that samples of drywall in the garage were taken.

RoseRed, what did Dr. Baden bring up, say? As for the chloroform, the report says it is higher than the normal amount expected with decomp. That doesn't mean that it was a large amount and it sounds like there are other things that can create, contain it. I wouldn't be surprised if one had bleach from taking laundry out to do, plus some empty beer cans, not emptied well, that it might create chloroform. Since Casey was staying at Tony's for a while she might have had laundry items in there at some time. I'm sure there are other ways to accidently create this. What about rubbing alcohol or finger nail polish remover as one of the items?

RoseRed, what did Dr. Baden bring up, say? As for the chloroform, the report says it is higher than the normal amount expected with decomp. That doesn't mean that it was a large amount and it sounds like there are other things that can create, contain it. I wouldn't be surprised if one had bleach from taking laundry out to do, plus some empty beer cans, not emptied well, that it might create chloroform. Since Casey was staying at Tony's for a while she might have had laundry items in there at some time. I'm sure there are other ways to accidently create this. What about rubbing alcohol or finger nail polish remover as one of the items?

Hi Aquarian; here is link to thread 2 on chloroform, there is a link 1 but many pages back. Just keep looking you will find it. All very informative.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70561&highlight=chloform

I see you live in an insane asylum, so maybe you're confused about above in bold. (hahaha... kidding!)

No really, why wouldn't the hair with the death band be physical?

i though i lived in an insane asylum, that is until i ventured into
Walmart 48 hours before christmas. Sheesh!

postmortem root banding on the hair will mean NOTHING in the realms of forensics or court of law if the root isn't attached to the hair sample.

even though dark death bands can appear anywhere on hair, there has to be root tissue present to enable proper DNA sampling and testing to conclude the hair is actually Caylee's

The strongest physical evidence tying the murder to KC may be the evidence we have not yet been privy to.

postmortem root banding on the hair will mean NOTHING in the realms of forensics or court of law if the root isn't attached to the hair sample.

even though dark death bands can appear anywhere on hair, there has to be root tissue present to enable proper DNA sampling and testing to conclude the hair is actually Caylee's

Hair without a root can be identified via mitochondrial dna to identify descendants of the same mother. Since Caylee is the only descendant of Cindy's mother who is dead, the death-band hairs in the trunk could be positively identified as Caylee's, even without roots attached.

Mitochondrial dna evidence is accepted in courts of law.

Let's see:

Body Farm: decomposing body in car
GA: smelled like a dead body in the car
YM: smelled like a dead body in the car
CA: smelled like a dead body in the car
LA: couldn't stand next to the car it smelled so bad
Simon: smelled like a dead body in the car
KC: some squirrels crawled up into the engine and died.

The CAR will toast her, no doubt. Nanny didn't have those keys.

Thanks Eve for that.

You are welcome. Discussing the legal probative value of evidence tends to create confusion. Most cases are actually based (and won) on circumstantial evidence. You will remember a certain poster trying to discount ccsl evidence in the Scott Peterson case. This was silly because most criminals aren't stupid enough to commit crimes in front of cameras or witnesses. Also, physical evidence is not necesarily direct evidence - another fact that can be confusing.

Eve

1. The decomp smell in Casey's car.
2. The hair that matched Caylee's that showed it came from her when she was deceased.
3. The evidence found at the scene that immediately led LE right back to the Anthony home.

I agree these things directly link Casey to the crime. I noticed LE took pillows from the Anthony house after the body was found. I believe they found a pillow case or sheet in that bag at the scene. There may have been a food stain or markers (thinking of the magic markers my granddaughter ruined my sheets with), some kind of spot that could be matched up with the pillow at the house and the pillowcase or sheet found at the scene.

I doubt they get prints off that duct tape. It's been water logged for a long time and the heat would have made the adhesive melt ruining a chance of prints.

all the above.........and CA said BOOTS were in car.......hmmmmmm........BOOTS=damp woods to hide body! Boots in June???? what kind of BOOTS???? waterproof? snake proof? love to know..........

Passionflower I think the boots are possibly the ones she was out partying in doing the skankey dance in. Too bad there isn't a pic out there falling on her face in those high heels. I'm supposed to keep logic forward in this case but it has been like a form of slow torture! Shoot even Britney could hardly walk in her crazy boots and KC dancing into the night with not one spill on camera. I need some new docs!!!

The duct tape is a possibly a very strong piece of evidence. I saw a cold case show where they actually convicted a person on first degree murder with one piece of evidence, duct tape. In the other case, they found duct tape on the body and a roll in the garage of the suspects home. The tear line matched perfectly and this convicted him.
They also said in the show that fiber, fingerprints, hairs, etc can stick to the tape and it could also be matched up with a suspect this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214