Excellent article regarding sex slavery

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My understanding is that slaves were generally purchased in Africa for the simple reason that in order to make a voyage profitable one had to obtain quite a few slaves and for any American or European to venture into the interior and actually raid a village a long and dangerous expedition would have to be undertaken into regions that were not freindly to outsiders even if they were not slavers. We called Africa the 'Dark Continent' for a reason, so little was known of anything beyond the coastal regions.
Modern day 'servants' in Saudia Arabia are really slaves and occasionally we read of Arabs who visit the US and bring along their servants but forget that they can not be beaten or locked up in this country.
I believe that Israeli law to this day makes the purchase of female slaves legal.

Toth said:
My understanding is that slaves were generally purchased in Africa for the simple reason that in order to make a voyage profitable one had to obtain quite a few slaves and for any American or European to venture into the interior and actually raid a village a long and dangerous expedition would have to be undertaken into regions that were not freindly to outsiders even if they were not slavers.
Here is some information:

http://www.africaeconomicanalysis.org/articles/gen/slavehtm.html
"In 1441 ten Africans were kidnapped from the Guinea coast and taken to Portugal as gifts to Prince Henry the Navigator. In subsequent expeditions to the West African coast, inhabitants were taken and shipped to Portugal to be sold as servants and objects of curiosity to households. In the Portuguese port of Lagos, where the first African slaves landed in 1442, the old slave market now serves as an art gallery."

"Black slaves were captured or bought by Arabs and exported across the Saharan desert to the Mediterranean and Near East."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back