Excerpt: Andrea Lyon New Book

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
^^ I still don't think I could handle reading her, even for free.

If attorneys are not being paid where did all that money go and did KC have to report the money to IRS as income?

If ABC made the check out to her, yes she did. Which could account for part of the money, as she'd have owed federal taxes on it (FL has no state income tax. I know they have a "tangible tax" but am unsure what all that covers).

Just found this book FREE on Amazon for Kindle readers...
I just downloaded it.... FREEE!!!!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Death-Row-Penalty-ebook/dp/B003FK5PT8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1294975048&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer eBook: Andrea D Lyon: Kindle Store[/ame]

Free Ebook! (currently free 1/14/2011, check make sure price is zero before you download!)

Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer [Kindle Edition]
Andrea D Lyon (Author)

For those who are interested or want to read but not spend the money...you can download Kindle app. for your computer or iphone and read it for free even if you do not have a Kindle!

Link: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FK5PT8/?tag=afbm-20"]Amazon.com: Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer eBook: Andrea D Lyon: Kindle Store[/ame]
Before you download make sure the price is still free it is subject to change!

Thank you everyone that posted it..it took me so long to create the link you beat me to it LOL

Snip of Amazon Review:
Review
Andrea Lyon's account of her groundbreaking career amounts to a primer on the criminal justice system and the death penalty in particular. What it reveals is often horrifying, but Andrea's writing is so infused with empathy and humor that the reader comes away both wiser to the ways of injustice and inspired by the difference one person can make. The stories of her life and her cases expose flawed humanity on all sides, as well as breathtaking largeness of heart. And make no mistake, Andrea's compassion for the victims of crime is no less than her compassion for the defendants. Angel of Death Row is timely, important, and a page-turner to the end. —Sister Helen Prejean, author of Dead Man Walking

Why is she releasing any kind of book? She didn't even bother to finish out the trial?

What is this world coming to?

Andrea's books are in the top ten free iBooks (iPad) in the category Biographies & Memoirs. #6 "A Mother Accused" (it's not about Casey) , #8 "Angel of Death Row"

[ Snipped for emphasis

Snip of Amazon Review:
Review
—Sister Helen Prejean, author of Dead Man Walking[/quote]

Just the reviewer alone would prevent me from reading the book. No insult intended...just different Death Penalty opinions. Respectfully.

^^ I still don't think I could handle reading her, even for free.
I love to read, but I know that I couldn't read one word that comes from AL. I can't forget that she let an innocent man sit in prison and did NOTHING. If she really wanted to help the falsely accused that would have been a great place to start. IMO, she's at the bottom of the barrel where defense attorneys are concerned.

Why is she releasing any kind of book? She didn't even bother to finish out the trial?

What is this world coming to?

Hi :greetings: and :Welcome1:

Actually, the book is not a new or recent released...it was released January 2010 by Kaplan Publishing...

ok so i caved and downloaded the free book....
wow... what was she thinking when she stepped in to defend casey?
from her book, she makes herself sound like this amazing person who was put on earth to do GOOD things... get wrongfully convicted people off the hook, fight for truth and justice.. what happened? there's a difference between that and trying to get a murderer off.. could she maybe be addicted to the "high" of winning and that could be why?
or did she leave the dream team because this case goes against everything she's about..?
hmm...

ok so i caved and downloaded the free book....
wow... what was she thinking when she stepped in to defend casey?from her book, she makes herself sound like this amazing person who was put on earth to do GOOD things... get wrongfully convicted people off the hook, fight for truth and justice.. what happened? there's a difference between that and trying to get a murderer off.. could she maybe be addicted to the "high" of winning and that could be why?
or did she leave the dream team because this case goes against everything she's about..?
hmm...

Bold mine

I think that she was thinking that the media exposure would increase her book sales. Well, guess not, now that it's value is free! LOL!

And if you go to AL's thread and read some of SleutherOnTheSide's posts, SOTS did alot of research on speeches and talks that AL has given over the years, and alot of how she runs her death penalty phases of trials is sickening. I don't have a very high opinion of her at all.

Bold mine

I think that she was thinking that the media exposure would increase her book sales. Well, guess not, now that it's value is free! LOL!

And if you go to AL's thread and read some of SleutherOnTheSide's posts, SOTS did alot of research on speeches and talks that AL has given over the years, and alot of how she runs her death penalty phases of trials is sickening. I don't have a very high opinion of her at all.

I want to make sure that posters understand that my interest in the "operations" of an Andrea defense were part of my desire to understand some of her motions and arguments.

A defense attorney is allowed to "work the system" provided they don't violate Bar regulations. Ethical standards tend to be variable.

In the beginning, her demeanor really bothered me. Once I read as much as I did, and listened to her lectures, I realized her SOP is pretty much standard. Motions she made in the KC case have been made by her many times. KC was not special. She got AL defense 101.

Hope that makes people feel better.

I want to make sure that posters understand that my interest in the "operations" of an Andrea defense were part of my desire to understand some of her motions and arguments.

A defense attorney is allowed to "work the system" provided they don't violate Bar regulations. Ethical standards tend to be variable.

In the beginning, her demeanor really bothered me. Once I read as much as I did, and listened to her lectures, I realized her SOP is pretty much standard. Motions she made in the KC case have been made by her many times. KC was not special. She got AL defense 101.

Hope that makes people feel better.

SOTS, I hope you don't think I was implying anything bad about what you wrote, because I think you are the bees knees! :blowkiss: Everything you linked to regarding AL are part of what she herself put out there. Since you say it was pretty much SOP, I guess I can't knock her too much. But I didn't like alot of what she does to affect the juries. I guess I'm just a pro-prosecution kinda gal.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayaanie
Back