Excluding the Ramseys, Profile of the Killer.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On the subject of profiling, John Douglas's work in the Atlanta Child Murders is being highlighted in a documentary called 'Unsolved Crimes USA' here this evening. ETA: This is as disturbing a TV show as I've seen in ages - the still raw grief of the families, the suggestions of suppressed evidence, the belief among the families that the criminal is still at large. Just unbearably sad.

The presenter is claiming some original research and investigation and I'll be amazed if, at some point in the series, they don't do JonBenet.

As for the chance that the Rs might get up early. They did get up early (or at least Patsy did), and the perp would have planned for that.

AH! Excellent! It wasn't a secret that was going to happen. But even then, it narrows the field some.

Highly unlikely that Patsy was thinking about all of this just to cover up a mistake.

I think someone did the thinking for her.

the fact that PR didn't drink much that day doesn't matter, what matters is the effect that a small amount of alcohol would have on a normally abstemious person.

Not to mention someone who wasn't in the greatest of health and might have had less resistance.

Not to mention someone who wasn't in the greatest of health and might have had less resistance.

True. Someone with a buggered liver would presumably process alcohol slowly and ineffectively. You can probably remind me: was Patsy taking any meds at the time of the murder? As I understand it, alcohol can enhance the effect of say anti-depressants and vice versa.

True. Someone with a buggered liver would presumably process alcohol slowly and ineffectively. You can probably remind me: was Patsy taking any meds at the time of the murder? As I understand it, alcohol can enhance the effect of say anti-depressants and vice versa.

I know they can.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if she was taking them.

You can case the house for months to get an idea of what the normal activities of the family are so you can B & E to do whatever, but nothing is normal about Christmas day/evening activities. All of the surveillance in the world would not have helped to understand what people and their families do on the holidays.

What about wiretapping?

What about wiretapping?

Nothing was organized about this crime..But wiretapping now I believe with this the intruder would ask for more money cause where we going here isn't cheap.....Now if the ransom note is real...How would this be divided between the kidnappers...Now remember we have members,cost for everything,wiretapping equipment and a get away car.....

Nothing was organized about this crime..But wiretapping now I believe with this the intruder would ask for more money cause where we going here isn't cheap.....Now if the ransom note is real...How would this be divided between the kidnappers...Now remember we have members,cost for everything,wiretapping equipment and a get away car.....

Here's an example of an IDI profile:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/weird/yoo_young_cheol/1.html

Yoo Young-cheol was a changed man when he was released from the Jeonju Detention Center. The prison experience was nothing new, since he spent most of his adult life in the South Korean correctional system. He entered prison as a married man and left as a single man. His wife divorced him in May of 2002. That was one factor that is attributed to shifting his criminal mindset.

While serving time for robbery and rape, Yoo studied the life and crimes of Jeong Du-young, another serial killer who murdered nine wealthy victims in Busan, Ulsan and other cities in the Gyeongnam Province from June 1999 to April 2000. The murders committed by Jeong were simply part of his daytime robberies. At the time of his capture, he was quoted as saying he had an urge to rob houses that were equipped with security cameras. He later said, "I may have the devil inside me." He targeted wealthy residences, and if a person was home, they would be stabbed to death. There would be no witnesses.

During his spree of robberies and murders, Jeong held a woman for ransom, robbed thirteen homes, and killed nine people.

Police investigations of the serial killings of Yoo Young-cheol would later reveal that he was a methodical man. His forethought was extraordinary and his attention to detail was superb. The physical act of bludgeoning a human was no exception.

While ransom would seem to be a primary factor, here it was only a small part of the criminality.

may I ask if there a case almost like JonBenet's..Now I can't say that someone couldn't read up on somebody's else...Just wondering....

may I ask if there a case almost like JonBenet's..Now I can't say that someone couldn't read up on somebody's else...Just wondering....

Not even close, Ravyn. That's the whole problem: there's only one.

That's what I thought cause in all my study the crimes I haven't heard of another,but thought I might had missed one somewhere..

I think you're kinda missing the point. The idea that the perp would be so caught up in balancing his expenses as to ask for more ransom is blind to the fact that the ransom was only a small part of the criminality that was evident at the crime scene.

I gave an example of another IDI where its obvious that kidnapping for ransom was just a small part of that person's criminality. This is in common with JBR because she was sexually assaulted, garroted, and headbashed and not just ransomed.

The evidence at JBR's murder is way, way more in line with serial killer than filicide, and remember there's nothing RDI has claimed that has proven to be true. Not one single thing.

But the fibers can be linked but other than that why was Aunt Pam able to load a patrol car up this went beyond getting clothes for a funeral....But I can't help thinking the R's had something to do here cause Aunt Pam did take alot out of the house and no one can't tell they are 100% for sure she didn't take any evidence out...

Hi Hotyh.

ya .....the link you provided is of interest, Yoo Young-cheoi was a hybrid of sorts? Criminal pattern evolving through time.

geographical profiling should/could have been applied to the JBR case; comparative analysis to B&E patterns and sexual assaults.

But the fibers can be linked but other than that why was Aunt Pam able to load a patrol car up this went beyond getting clothes for a funeral....But I can't help thinking the R's had something to do here cause Aunt Pam did take alot out of the house and no one can't tell they are 100% for sure she didn't take any evidence out...

Not only that, but LE allowed Aunt P to wear a "Police" jacket so as not to attract attention. (in other words, so as not to let anyone know that police were allowing a relative of murder suspects to remove items from a crime scene unsupervised).

Hi Hotyh.

ya .....the link you provided is of interest, Yoo Young-cheoi was a hybrid of sorts? Criminal pattern evolving through time.

geographical profiling should/could have been applied to the JBR case; comparative analysis to B&E patterns and sexual assaults.

It blows a hole in the idea that JBR can't be a serial killer victim because no repeats. This guy went in and out of jail, changed methodology and victim profiles.

It blows a hole in the idea that JBR can't be a serial killer victim because no repeats. This guy went in and out of jail, changed methodology and victim profiles.

Actually you can't say this guy could had be in and out of jail....And wouldn't somewhere he would had made a mistake in one of these crimes...That is why I asked the question I did...Cause if stay true to his crimes for hurting girls is DNA would be in the database...And I'm sure they run this DNA in JonBenet's case with any any and every prep...

Actually you can't say this guy could had be in and out of jail....And wouldn't somewhere he would had made a mistake in one of these crimes...That is why I asked the question I did...Cause if stay true to his crimes for hurting girls is DNA would be in the database...And I'm sure they run this DNA in JonBenet's case with any any and every prep...

Serial killers kill dozens of people over years and years, or even decades, before anybody even knows there is any connection between the killings. Its often the case that LE finds out about the killings only after the killer admits them. There are lapses in killings 10 or more years long.

Besides, a serial killer is just a killer who can't suppress his urge to kill again. The RN states "so don't think that [more] killing will be difficult". Maybe the killer found happiness or some other release besides small children.

The DNA in the database is valuable only to the extent of the countries that share DNA information. Unfortunately there are many countries not in the system. Not only that, but the killer would've needed to have his DNA submitted somehow.

Oh, I don't know...I'm sure JBR was the only one her parents killed. So I wouldn't call them serial killers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back