Excused from the Rule of Sequestration

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the rule might only be important for GA.

CA is gonna lie if she wants to, she doesn't care who hears.

LA is gonna tell the truth, he doesn't seem to care who hears.

GA is the only one I am on the fence about, whether he cares what CA thinks...but hells bells, she has to have heard everything he has had to say behind her back up until now, might as well go for it at trial.

ETA-I think if CA sent a veiled "I'll disown you" threat to Lee, he would not lie for her still. At least I hope he is that emotionally healthy. After all, when KC gave him stank eye the last time he was on the stand, he sorta just shrugged an "oh well, what else can I do?" at her. Good times.

I am torn because if they decide to try and throw George under the bus then I think it is best if he is sitting in court and seeing it happen for himself. imo

Oh...but there would be so much more to write about if she were there. And how could she do her media spots afterward? And Cindy not in almost every frame of film? Oh my, Heavens to Betsy! What was the Judge thinking?

I hope HHJP denies their request. if you believe Vinnie's show tonight GA and CA were pitied for being mouthy on the stand and according to Vinnie KDB was "riding"CA when she was testifying. He gives them a pass because of their loss. I am sure there will be others that will agree with him especially those that haven't followed as we have.
So I assume that if you lie, hide evidence, won't follow LE requests etc. You can get a pass if it's a close relative you are covering for.
They don't deserve to have the opportunity to be in the courtroom until after they are on the stand.

Hmmm? Let's see now.

Legal or Appelate risk in keeping them out at least until they fully testify? NONE WHATSOEVER!

Legal or Appelate risk in allowing them to witness the full trial -
1. Alterred or tailored testimony as already demonstrated
2. Using non verbal signals and influences on other witnesses, also as already demonstrated
3. Verbal outbursts during other witness testimony, as already demonstrated
4. Potential for mistrial as a direct result of any and all of above. A highly predictable possibility.

Gee I wonder how HHJP is going to rule on this one? :waiting:

BBM Add Using non-verbal signals and influences on the JURY. Not a doubt in my mind.

I hope they are allowed in, so we can watch them get tossed out. :great:

It's maddening. The A's only claim "kin of the victim" when it suits them. What really have they done for caylee except work like hell to get her murderer off. I mean really? It's maddening they only want to he there to help their daughter not the victim. They could care less if caylee receives any justice.

Caylee is just a distant memory to them ....

I :heartbeat: you, JSR. And the way you just cut through the carp and tell it like it really is.

New docket entry:

04/25/2011 Motion
for Relatives of Victim to be Excused from the Rule of Sequestration and Memorandum of Law

IMO, The A's will not be able to keep quiet, and I am sure they will be called to the witness stand more than once. Thoughts.

Thanks for starting this thread, as it's an interesting set of circumstances with George and Cindy as grandparents of the victim and parents of the alleged murderer.

In most cases someone who is a witness must stay out of the courtroom until after they testify. This motion appears to be requesting that they be allowed to be in the courtroom throughout the trial proceedings, from beginning to end.

If the state is going to present their case in any sort of chronological order, I would expect them to begin with the events of July 15, 2008, with George and Cindy picking up Casey's car at the impound yard, finding Casey and bringing her home, and Cindy's frantic call to 911 reporting Caylee missing. If this is the case, I would expect George and Cindy to be among the first witnesses called to testify.

We all know that George and Cindy will lie and say anything to try to make Casey's actions appear innocent.

I'm confident that LDB and JA will be able to elicit the testimony of the events of July 15, 2008 from George and Cindy, and will try to shut them down from going off on any long winded explanations.

After watching their testimony during the "agents of the state" hearing, George is the one I think will be the first to be barred from the courtroom. He's angry at the world and volatile. His testimony at that hearing was reminiscent of his testimony during the depositions taken by John Morgan and Keith Mitnik for the civil case.

Cindy's body language during the pretrial hearings, showing that she disagreed with the testimony presented by the state, with her facial expressions and drawing/writing on a legal pad, will not likely to be tolerated at the trial. This might get her barred from the courtroom.

I think it might be a good idea for the judge to allow George and Cindy in the courtroom. Let the rules be known and the first time either George and/or Cindy ignore those rules and overstep their bounds, bar them from the courtroom. Then the blame will be on their shoulders that they were ousted for breaking the rules.

Hmmm? Let's see now.

Legal or Appelate risk in keeping them out at least until they fully testify? NONE WHATSOEVER!

2. Using non verbal signals and influences on other witnesses, also as already demonstrated
4. Potential for mistrial as a direct result of any and all of above. A highly predictable possibility.

Agreed. I will be stunned if he allows them in. Wayyyy too much of a risk for a mistrial, imo.

Good gracious...HHJP has enough to worry about with the defense team blunders. (e.g, when JB almost totally threw attorney-client privilege out the window before HHJP saved him from himself) :banghead:

Interesting that it is for GA and CA only, not LA.

I wish HHJP would/could sequester both of them in separate rooms and pipe in music neither can tolerate. No paper, pens, any electronic devices. Just music and the voices in their heads.

Oh, and a life size cutout of Caylee in every room they can occupy.

Agreed. I will be stunned if he allows them in. Wayyyy too much of a risk for a mistrial, imo.
Good gracious...HHJP has enough to worry about with the defense team blunders. (e.g, when JB almost totally threw attorney-client privilege out the window before HHJP saved him from himself) :banghead:

Can you please expand on that? I am very curious why people think that? If an outburst can cause a mistrial, then why would not every court in the USA ban everyone from being there?

I must be in left field. I think their behavior would be favorable to the prosecution. :waitasec: Hostile, nasty, etc...

Hmmm? Let's see now.

I didn't realize that the Anthonys behavior could be the basis for a mistrial! Based on that, I've changed my mind and think the Anthonys should be sequestered from the courtroom based on their behavior thus far. It would be far too simple for them to purposely cause a commotion and have the proceedings declared a mistrial.

I wish HHJP would/could sequester both of them in separate rooms and pipe in music neither can tolerate. No paper, pens, any electronic devices. Just music and the voices in their heads.

Oh, and a life size cutout of Caylee in every room they can occupy.

And the video of her and Grandpa playing over and over and over again...you are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine...

They just couldn't help themselves from shaking their heads, scrunching up their faces, raising their eyebrows, wringing their hands, and looking forlornly into their laps-- all nonverbal testimony-- all George and Cindy's style. jmo.

And the video of her and Grandpa playing over and over and over again...you are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine...

Ya know I thought about this video BUT I didn't want CA having pains for not seeing her dad and ignoring Caylee. Now I would add the audio of Caylee singing if I had my way.

During the Scott Peterson trial, were the Peterson's allowed in for all the testimony? I know that they were extremely hated by many.....but, they were the relatives of one of the victims...and parents to that victims killer. Just like Cindy and George. :sick:

Not just NO,but H$!! NO !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member