Excused from the Rule of Sequestration

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had mixed feelings about the Anthony's request.

I haven't read all the way through the thread and so if I duplicate thoughts.....:innocent:

In the beginning, my concern with their attendance was based upon the possiblity that the Anthony's would hear testimony and then change, alter, or otherwise skew their later answers to refute OR Support fellow witnesses

I was also worried that their presence would send a "message" to jurors that KC couldn't be guilty because.... "How in the world could they sit here if KC actually did it?"

Given their proclivity to sigh, shake their heads, mouth comments, smack gum, stand and attempt to interrupt, and wear their heart on their sleeve.......Jeff Ashton's comments are spot on.

After hearing Jeff Ashton's comments about the well documented depositions and lengthy LE interviews, I had to think further about "WHY" the State would NOT object.

Judge Perry is a very astute man. Not only is he "well trained" (just for you CM) and up to date (by the minute) on case law.....he also has a real gift for seeing 10 steps ahead, AND for anticipating tricks and schemes by the defense.

THEN.....recalling all my research on the teachings of Andrea Lyon....I consider her ABSOLUTE emphasis on family members of the accused being present as a support. She even commented about having families call friends and neighbors to attend trials to show a strong support system for the accused.

As she lectured, DEATH IS DIFFERENT. As such, familial support in a DP case is a MUST HAVE. Should family not show support....it can lead a juror to assume guilt based upon a lack of family presence.

Should the Anthony's have been banned from coming to support their daughter....I believe it could have been a later appeal issue. I am not an attorney and am NO Judge Perry....but IMO....more than allowing the Anthony's in to support KC....I believe that he wants them there to protect the final verdict.

Of course the DT don't want them there....they plan to roll the bus on them.....but I also think they wanted to cry later that poor KC had no support in place and for that we should spare her life.

JMO

LOL - well when you are no longer j/k - let me know! :rolleyes:

How fast can an eye blink? :woohoo:

From open position back to open position (passing through close, of course), 0.3 to 0.4 seconds. The amount of time in the closed position is about 0.14 seconds.

I believe, unless it has changed, that the autopsy photos are not to be released to anyone by the experts and defense. CA and GA would not be permitted to see them until the trial. jmo

What might we/they see? By the time Caylee's remains were found, wasn't she (not 'she' because I believe 'she' is in heaven) only bones? Picture a small skeleton - that's what was left to see, no?

I have a question about the autopsy photos. Since they will be shown at the trial, and tv cameras will be present (of course), does that mean they will be shown on TV, as well? Will the cameras not be allowed to focus on those photographs, or what? Just curious.

I don't know the answer but in early 2009 (there is a whole thread devoted to this) we went round and round about a picture that was released showing little Caylee's skull at the base of a tree. Some of us swear we can see the skull and others say we're nutso. Out of curiousity, if they show that picture, we'll know the answer. If they don't, we'll never know if that was the picture released by mistake but not before it was posted to the internet.

From open position back to open position (passing through close, of course), 0.3 to 0.4 seconds. The amount of time in the closed position is about 0.14 seconds.

Hi JWG - nice to see you again!:seeya:

Just trying to guesstimate how long GA will last in the courtroom - heh heh.

What might we/they see? By the time Caylee's remains were found, wasn't she (not 'she' because I believe 'she' is in heaven) only bones? Picture a small skeleton - that's what was left to see, no?

I don't think they found all of the pieces and some obviously had scavenger marks on them - so think it is nothing so pleasant as a small skeleton....:(
if there is anything that could be said about a small skeleton that is..OMG - I can't believe I said that.:banghead:

I was hoping that Casey would be in a position to see the photos.....

I don't think they found all of the pieces and some obviously had scavenger marks on them - so think it is nothing so pleasant as a small skeleton....:(
if there is anything that could be said about a small skeleton that is..OMG - I can't believe I said that.:banghead:

Well, sickening as it is, ICA is lucky that she held them off for so long, that there is nothing but bones left. I guess she wanted it that way.

But I was just reading the Emma Leigh Barker thread, a similar case, unfortunately. The trial just began and LCoastMom described the morbid death scene photos of the 18 month old victim. She was stiff , with her arms in the air and legs bent, as if she had been frozen in place while napping in her car seat, and dried blood in her nose. Yes, Casey is 'lucky' that we do not have photos of what poor sweet Caylee looked like when she was pulled from the trunk.

I was against Cindy and George being in the court room, at the beginning. Now, after some thought, I think it just may be a good idea. I am sure that the Judge will keep a tight reign, to include facial expressions, head shaking, gun chewing, etc...I am also glad that Cindy and George will get to hear all of the evidence, while watching the jury hang onto every word. This will be the closest, either of them, will ever come to seeing the truth. If they don't during this trial, they never will. I am anxious for them to come face to face with all of the evidence. It will be hard to ignore the juries reactions to this crime, even for Cindy and George. They will be sitting on the killers side of the court room and the jury will take notice that Caylee will have few, if any, family standing behind her. I say, bring it on.

Searchfortruth said:
I was against Cindy and George being in the court room, at the beginning. Now, after some thought, I think it just may be a good idea. I am sure that the Judge will keep a tight reign, to include facial expressions, head shaking, gun chewing, etc...I am also glad that Cindy and George will get to hear all of the evidence, while watching the jury hang onto every word. This will be the closest, either of them, will ever come to seeing the truth. If they don't during this trial, they never will. I am anxious for them to come face to face with all of the evidence. It will be hard to ignore the juries reactions to this crime, even for Cindy and George. They will be sitting on the killers side of the court room and the jury will take notice that Caylee will have few, if any, family standing behind her. I say, bring it on.

ITA....but I have a feeling they will never accept what they face. They will always believe ICA loved Caylee too much to have intentionally killed her. They themselves had alluded to an awful accident, which they could readily accept...but a jury might not see it that way with that duct tape over Caylee's airways...those autopsy photos will be their hardest hurdle...they've already seen Caylee's skeletal remains but the duct tape will be the hardest to wrap their minds around...JMHO

JA wants the A's to sit in the balcony away from the jurors. He doesn't want them influenced by their presence...I wonder how a jury would see the grandparents sitting on the defense side and not the prosecutors side.

Justice for Caylee

ITA....but I have a feeling they will never accept what they face. They will always believe ICA loved Caylee too much to have intentionally killed her. They themselves had alluded to an awful accident, which they could readily accept...but a jury might not see it that way with that duct tape over Caylee's airways...those autopsy photos will be their hardest hurdle...they've already seen Caylee's skeletal remains but the duct tape will be the hardest to wrap their minds around...JMHO

JA wants the A's to sit in the balcony away from the jurors. He doesn't want them influenced by their presence...I wonder how a jury would see the grandparents sitting on the defense side and not the prosecutors side.

Justice for Caylee

They can't handle the truth! :gavel:

I keep going back to the hearing where JA was describing the duct tape over Caylee's face, when AL was there. The A's got up and stormed out of the court room.

I just don't see them behaving, although I always did want them to sit through the trial to see and hear EVERYTHING!

I just hope Judge Perry enforces his own rules!

I haven't read everyone's comments yet but I was surprised as JP's ruling.
Oh well, I guess he figures they'd watch it on TV anyway. Maybe he wants to observe them during the comments (even though he made clear no faces, etc.) Maybe he doesn't want to make it easy for KC to claim mistruths through her lawyers or maybe he wants the family secrets told outloud, whatever they may be, so everyone is on the same page. That is, KC can't hide behind whatever - I mean, what she claims must be told to their faces (even though her back will be to them).

It is my understanding that at trial, the DT and Casey will be sitting directly across from the jury. Everyone will be able to see ICA face. But I do not think it will bother her that her Family will see her face, she will not likely be looking at them. They no longer exist to her as her family.

Also, will they have reserve seats or have to stand in line to get a pass like the public?

It is my understanding that at trial, the DT and Casey will be sitting directly across from the jury. Everyone will be able to see ICA face. But I do not think it will bother her that her Family will see her face, she will not likely be looking at them. They no longer exist to her as her family.

Also, will they have reserve seats or have to stand in line to get a pass like the public?

Yesterday on IS, Lippman was asked this question. At that time, he said he didn't know yet. Not sure if anything has changed since then.

I've just been reading through this thread to see if anyone picked up on the information Lippman slipped in after his post-hearing interview with HLN.

And yes, it was the one with Baez first telling Lippman he had to have a conversation with the SA so would meet/speak to him later that day. Baez obviously waited 10 minutes then flounced by with his troops, interrupting the interview. Not so subtle Mr. Baez..

But I digress. Lippman was asked where the Anthony's would sit. He said the prosecution has six reserved seats they immediately offered to Lippman for the Anthony's. Someone asked if the Anthony's would use them because they currently sit behind the defense, and he replied, they currently sit in seats that are designated for them.:waitasec:

And if there is no other seating reserved for the Anthonys, he will accept or bring his own folding chairs to get them seated.

So was the designated seat comment just lawyer speak???? Thoughts??? Cause we have had lots to say about where the Anthony's have been sitting?

I've just been reading through this thread to see if anyone picked up on the information Lippman slipped in after his post-hearing interview with HLN.

And yes, it was the one with Baez first telling Lippman he had to have a conversation with the SA so would meet/speak to him later that day. Baez obviously waited 10 minutes then flounced by with his troops, interrupting the interview. Not so subtle Mr. Baez..

But I digress. Lippman was asked where the Anthony's would sit. He said the prosecution has six reserved seats they immediately offered to Lippman for the Anthony's. Someone asked if the Anthony's would use them because they currently sit behind the defense, and he replied, they currently sit in seats that are designated for them.:waitasec:

And if there is no other seating reserved for the Anthonys, he will accept or bring his own folding chairs to get them seated.

So was the designated seat comment just lawyer speak???? Thoughts??? Cause we have had lots to say about where the Anthony's have been sitting?

I didn't hear that part...that they are currently in designated seats.
It makes sense...they are always sitting in the same seats.

Now that JBP has allowed the A's to remain in the courtroom IMO the A's will have assigned seats...either given to them by JBP and court admin or they will take up the Prosecutions offer of using some of their seats...and they will probably sit in the upper gallery.

Am I the only one who thinks CA & GA will only actually be allowed in the courtroom for a few minutes? I have a feeling that HHJBP will have a bailiff standing in close prioximity to them and they will get bounced out (per his warning yesterday) with in a few seconds of opening statements. They will either freak out when SA starts describing Caylee death, or start screaming "NO!" when JB starts his AHA moment speech somehow blaming them. I just don't see them having the self control to quietly sit during these proceedings...JMO

I have had mixed feelings about the Anthony's request.

I haven't read all the way through the thread and so if I duplicate thoughts.....:innocent:

In the beginning, my concern with their attendance was based upon the possiblity that the Anthony's would hear testimony and then change, alter, or otherwise skew their later answers to refute OR Support fellow witnesses

I was also worried that their presence would send a "message" to jurors that KC couldn't be guilty because.... "How in the world could they sit here if KC actually did it?"

Given their proclivity to sigh, shake their heads, mouth comments, smack gum, stand and attempt to interrupt, and wear their heart on their sleeve.......Jeff Ashton's comments are spot on.

After hearing Jeff Ashton's comments about the well documented depositions and lengthy LE interviews, I had to think further about "WHY" the State would NOT object.

Judge Perry is a very astute man. Not only is he "well trained" (just for you CM) and up to date (by the minute) on case law.....he also has a real gift for seeing 10 steps ahead, AND for anticipating tricks and schemes by the defense.

THEN.....recalling all my research on the teachings of Andrea Lyon....I consider her ABSOLUTE emphasis on family members of the accused being present as a support. She even commented about having families call friends and neighbors to attend trials to show a strong support system for the accused.

As she lectured, DEATH IS DIFFERENT. As such, familial support in a DP case is a MUST HAVE. Should family not show support....it can lead a juror to assume guilt based upon a lack of family presence.

Should the Anthony's have been banned from coming to support their daughter....I believe it could have been a later appeal issue. I am not an attorney and am NO Judge Perry....but IMO....more than allowing the Anthony's in to support KC....I believe that he wants them there to protect the final verdict.

Of course the DT don't want them there....they plan to roll the bus on them.....but I also think they wanted to cry later that poor KC had no support in place and for that we should spare her life.

JMO

This makes complete sense.

Do you think he will give the A's any leeway when they start with facial expressions and head shaking ? Geez,could having the family thrown out be grounds for appeal?

It's going to be very difficult for Shirley Plesea to testify with Cindy sitting right there.

Am I the only one who thinks CA & GA will only actually be allowed in the courtroom for a few minutes? I have a feeling that HHJBP will have a bailiff standing in close prioximity to them and they will get bounced out (per his warning yesterday) with in a few seconds of opening statements. They will either freak out when SA starts describing Caylee death, or start screaming "NO!" when JB starts his AHA moment speech somehow blaming them. I just don't see them having the self control to quietly sit during these proceedings...JMO

HHJP said anyone tossed out would not be allowed back. I assume that means for the duration of the trial.

We need a poll or a to start taking bets on how long it will take to get tossed.

I suspect they would actually have to do something that would draw attention to themselves,like vigorous head shaking or hand gestures.
I don't think they will be expected to appear void of any emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
combfish-mclisa