Excused from the Rule of Sequestration

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will see a motion right back at the Anthonys from the state by tomorrow or Friday. I don't think that HHJP is going to allow the Anthonys in the courtroom, even after they testify. Maybe they can go sit in the room with all the excess media and watch the big screen there, unless they really want to be there and cause trouble...they should have no problem with that...heck, that way they can even see their princess close up and personal from the front (camera) view of her.

I personally am tired of everyone using the victim card---they aren't the one and only is CAYLEE....

I agree if they truly are seeking answers that only a trial will show...let them watch with the media--Lord knows they have bipassed every conduct that should be allowed in the court...they are always disagreeing with witness's for the SA....they only want their version...Can't tell you how many times I yelled at Vinnie P on HLNs as he rambled on and on about the poor grandparents and how they are the biggest victims....NO they aren't Caylee is #1---when they turned on her they lost that victim title---

I do not believe for a second that the Anthony's really love their daughter or even really support her... it is all an act. Think about it... before all this happened, we have heard that Casey and her mother were constantly at each others throats. Cindy called ICA a psychopath, and unfit mother, and no telling what else. George certainly didn't think too highly of ICA, either.

After all of this.. bam.. they are all of a sudden a loving family and think Casey is the most wonderful thing since sliced bread and they have proclaimed their undying support for her, even at the expense of sweet little Caylee. Why??? Because ALL Cindy and George care about are APPEARANCES. They will NEVER accept the fact that they raised a MURDERESS... it just looks too bad on them. The sad irony of it all is, if they would have supported their granddaughter instead of their murderess spawn, people would not think as negatively of them. They have brought their own worst fear upon themselves, by their actions.

These people, George and Cindy -- they each only love ONE person in the world. Cindy loves HERSELF. George loves HIMSELF. All else be damned. They don't give a rat's patoody about Casey -- and I'm not saying they should -- I just find it baffling how far they will go to SAVE FACE. In my opinion, these two don't know how to love anyone but themselves. That is why they were so easily able to forget Caylee, to just sweep her memory under the rug. I don't believe they ever really loved her, either. People, to them, are just objects -- things to stroke their own egos. Just to be clear, I don't think Cindy & George's behaviour/personality/whatever in any way excuses what Casey has done. People come from homes even more dysfunctional than the Anthony's and don't go around murdering people, much less their own children. Well, this is all just my opinion, of course.

To keep this more on topic, I'm just going to say that i really hope His Honor keeps these nasty, evil people OUT of the courtroom. They come off like petulant, spoiled little children. If there is even a remote chance that their little outbursts (both verbal and non) will cause a mistrial.. OUT. In fact, I'd go so far as to hope that they can't be in the courtroom even AFTER their testimony is done. JMO.
IMO, If Cindy had steped up to the plate with Casey and not been so afraid of Casey,Caylee would be alive today. Because of Cindy being so stuborn and trying to force Casey to be a mother they both failed Caylee, not just Casey. I know, I have been there, and it is hard to take a child away from a parent but it can and is done because I had to do it to save my grandson... During the process of getting custody I ate crow that was ditched out to me by uncaring adult parents of my gradson. They did not want him, yet they did not want me to have him, he was their ticket to get whatever they wanted from me. I paid for day care, I kept him with me as much as I could, and I waited and prayed, I knew that no matter what I would protect my grandson with every inch of my life. I waited & watched and had my heart torn out his parents. Finally the day came as I knew it would and I filed for emergency custody and was awarded tempory custody. A year later I had full custody. My grandson is safe now.
Cindy could have gotten custody of Caylee, She knew Caylee was in danger, Cindy could have babysat Caylee so that Casey did not take her all over hell and creation, Cindy could have fought so that Caylee could have lived. Please don't think I do not love my grandsons Dad, I love him so very much, but my son refuses to get help, so I had to do what was best for my grandson. It is hard, it tares your heart out, but prayers and believing will pull you thur it. Sorry I went on & on, but Cindy could have helped Caylee, Caylee did not have to die because Cindy was tring to teach a socialpath a lesson. A socialpath has no heart, no feelings and no pain no fear.Sorry for typos, once I got going I did not stop.

IMO, If Cindy had steped up to the plate with Casey and not been so afraid of Casey,Caylee would be alive today. Because of Cindy being so stuborn and trying to force Casey to be a mother they both failed Caylee, not just Casey. I know, I have been there, and it is hard to take a child away from a parent but it can and is done each day. During the process of getting custody I ate crow that was didhed out to me by uncaring adult parents of my gradson. They did not want him, yet they did not want me to have him, he was their ticket to get whatever they wanted from me. I paid for day care, I kept him with me as much as I could, and I waited and prayed, I knew that no matter what I would protect my grandson with every inch of my life. I waited & watched and had my heart torn out his parents. Finally the day came as I knew it would and I filed for emergency custody and was awarded tempory custody. A year later I had full custody. My grandson is safe now.
Cindy could have gotten custody of Caylee, She knew Caylee was in danger, Cindy could have babysat Caylee so that Casey did not take her all over hell and creation, Cindy could have fought so that Caylee could have lived. Please don't think I do not love my grandsons Dad, I love him so very much, but my son refuses to get help, so I had to do what was best for my grandson. It is hard, it tares your heart out, but prayers and believing will pull you thur it. Sorry I went on & on, but Cindy could have helped Caylee, Caylee did not have to die because Cindy was tring to teach a socialpath a lesson. A socialpath has no heart, no feelings and no pain no fear.Sorry fior typos, once I got going I did not stop.

{{{{{{{{{{{catnron}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Bless your heart !! I wish you all the best.

I never got the impression GA/CA wanted to be in the courtroom for Caylee. I always thought they wanted to be in there to see KC. In fact, I have never heard or read that they did want to be there for Caylee. Go figure.

So true, so true, so true!!!
:great::great::great::great:

IMO, If Cindy had steped up to the plate with Casey and not been so afraid of Casey,Caylee would be alive today. Because of Cindy being so stuborn and trying to force Casey to be a mother they both failed Caylee, not just Casey. I know, I have been there, and it is hard to take a child away from a parent but it can and is done because I had to do it to save my grandson... During the process of getting custody I ate crow that was ditched out to me by uncaring adult parents of my gradson. They did not want him, yet they did not want me to have him, he was their ticket to get whatever they wanted from me. I paid for day care, I kept him with me as much as I could, and I waited and prayed, I knew that no matter what I would protect my grandson with every inch of my life. I waited & watched and had my heart torn out his parents. Finally the day came as I knew it would and I filed for emergency custody and was awarded tempory custody. A year later I had full custody. My grandson is safe now.
Cindy could have gotten custody of Caylee, She knew Caylee was in danger, Cindy could have babysat Caylee so that Casey did not take her all over hell and creation, Cindy could have fought so that Caylee could have lived. Please don't think I do not love my grandsons Dad, I love him so very much, but my son refuses to get help, so I had to do what was best for my grandson. It is hard, it tares your heart out, but prayers and believing will pull you thur it. Sorry I went on & on, but Cindy could have helped Caylee, Caylee did not have to die because Cindy was tring to teach a socialpath a lesson. A socialpath has no heart, no feelings and no pain no fear.Sorry fior typos, once I got going I did not stop.

:grouphug:

:hug:

God Bless you Catnron for stepping up for your grandson...I too would do the same...I think we all would....but we're talking about a very bizarre family...

I believe CA was trying to 'force' ICA into being maternal...It's not in her, IMO...ICA is too self centered, she has self importance and that's all that matters to her..Her priorities were not for Caylee...ICA is her top priority...

I believe, if CA has this to do over.....she would never call in the authorities. This would have been handled among the family and kept as another dirty little secret...Shame, shame, shame on YOU...:maddening:

I think the SA's will not want GA/CA into the courtroom until they have testified and been released as witnesses...it's too risky, we've already heard a change in testimony, they are material witnesses and should be sequestered as everyone else is...they use the victim card when it suits them but sit on the side of the defense...Who will give a victims impact statement on behalf of Caylee, once that guilty verdict is read?

I don't believe the SA's will allow or want them seated in the courtroom until they testify...they could be influenced (not that they need it) by someone elses testimony to make it fit...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Lippman is intentionally avoiding the FACT that it is not only the Defense that can raise an objection to the Anthonys being in the courtroom during trial ... in Lippman's Motion he acknowledges that "either party" - the STATE or the Defense can raise an objection, and it is up to the Judge's discretion to decide if they attend or not.

04/25/2011 Motion for Relatives of Victim to be Excused from the Rule of Sequestration and Memorandum of Law
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/78051443/Anthony-Sequestration-Motion

page 14 of Motion

"In the instant case neither party [STATE or Defense] has raised how they would be prejudiced if George Anthony or Cindy Anthony were present in the Courtroom for the duration of the case."

page 15 of Motion
"Therefore, until any of the identified elements established are challenged by either the State or the Defense or State by the presentation of competent evidence, George and Cindy Anthony should be excused from the rule of Sequestration as it relates to their attendance of every portion of the trial."

We have not seen the State's Response to Lippman's Motion yet ... I believe they will definitely OBJECT to this. The State may not file a written response, and may just make their arguments directly to the Judge in the next Hearing.

I have a hard time understanding why it is so crucial for the Anthony's to be in the courtroom for every single moment of the case. Can anyone here put themselves in the A's shoes-for just a second, I promise-and tell me why this would be so important? Other than to intimidate, influence or just hear one another. Don't they pretty much know what the other witnesses have to say by now?

My opinion is they want to be there solely, or most importantly, to show the JURY that the Inmate has family who support HER, and do not believe in her guilt. They want to send air kisses and pantomime hugs to the Inmate, for the jury to see that the person the State calls a baby murderer is not so terrible. They want to influence the JURY. If the Jury sees NOBODY behind the Inmate in her defense, they might think she really is a horrible person that not even "family" wants to support.

Cindy could have gotten custody of Caylee, She knew Caylee was in danger, Cindy could have babysat Caylee so that Casey did not take her all over hell and creation, Cindy could have fought so that Caylee could have lived. Please don't think I do not love my grandsons Dad, I love him so very much, but my son refuses to get help, so I had to do what was best for my grandson. It is hard, it tares your heart out, but prayers and believing will pull you thur it. Sorry I went on & on, but Cindy could have helped Caylee, Caylee did not have to die because Cindy was tring to teach a socialpath a lesson. A socialpath has no heart, no feelings and no pain no fear.Sorry for typos, once I got going I did not stop.

:hug:

You are a :hero: :grandma:

My opinion is they want to be there solely, or most importantly, to show the JURY that the Inmate has family who support HER, and do not believe in her guilt. They want to send air kisses and pantomime hugs to the Inmate, for the jury to see that the person the State calls a baby murderer is not so terrible. They want to influence the JURY. If the Jury sees NOBODY behind the Inmate in her defense, they might think she really is a horrible person that not even "family" wants to support.

I also think the State will keep it to just "yes" or "no" answers and short and sweet because CA changed her testimony and claims she now remembers things that are coming back to her. jmo

With all due respect, HHJP may care, but the A's don't give one flip about how much money this is going cost or anything else but freeing their murderess princess daughter. All it takes is one them yelling out they did it in court, or doing something so outrageous that jury can't ignore it, and we've got a mistrial. Their lawyers will not be able to control them, and HHJP will not be able to control them. Grant it, he will throw them out after one outburst, but one outburst can be all it takes. That's the problem. These people care about nothing but saving Casey. They don't give a crap about the law, about court room decorum, or about justice for Caylee. They literally have nothing else to lose here but their daughter's life. That means they will stoop to doing anything in that courtroom to affect this trial. They should not get even ONE opportunity to do so.

I have mad respect for HHJP, but no matter how tightly he pulls the reins, one outburst is all it will take to get a mistrial and the A's KNOW this. It won't be a small outburst, it'll be a grand, huge, explosive, unforgettable one. It's happened in other cases, and it can happened in this one. I've seen how these people are, and the outrageous lengths they go to to lie and make scenes on television and at their home, all for princess CEO Casey. They are not to be trusted. They will not sit silently in that courtroom, and fortunately HHJP knows this too. IMO, let them watch it from home where they can only do damage to their own property.

ITA with your entire post.

BBM-You hit the nail on the head. Actually I felt like bolding your entire post.

Yesterday on Prime News Vinnie Politan started in on how they should be allowed in they should be there for the victim. He doensn't get that that is not who they are there for! So I tuned him out but my ears perked up when one of the ladies said they absolutely should not be allowed there as Cindy Anthony has already shown she is willing to lie to the prosecutor under oath." Then VP started cutting her off and interrupting her and I tuned him out again.

Yesterday on Prime News Vinnie Politan started in on how they should be allowed in they should be there for the victim. He doensn't get that that is not who they are there for! So I tuned him out but my ears perked up when one of the ladies said they absolutely should not be allowed there as Cindy Anthony has already shown she is willing to lie to the prosecutor under oath." Then VP started cutting her off and interrupting her and I tuned him out again.

I do not understand how a good journalist/commentator on these news programs feel they are doing a good job when they constantly interrupt people to present their own views. They do not only interrupt in the middle of their guest speakers comments but never apologize for doing so. It is rude and I bet their mother's are NOT saying "I'm so proud of my child". If I were their mother I'd be calling them after every program and giving them the business. lol

And another great point was CA gave FBI the hairbrush used by both ICA and Caylee and not Caylee's exclusive hairbrush, which IMO. manipulated the outcome of the test...or it would have come back exclusively to Caylee's hair and not 'maternal' connections to that hair...this shows how dishonest she is and then some...

We have all seen how CA will use the victim card but yet, there she sits on the defense side of the courtroom denying true justice for Caylee...They cannot be trusted....they are not special and should be treated as any material witness is...after they've testified, then let them in..and most assuredly, they will make faces/shaking heads/hand gestures during crucial testimony they don't agree with....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

A mother was barred from her own daughter's murder trial at the request of the defense. The defense said all witnesses were under a sequestration order and they might call the mother as a witness. The mother had no knowledge whatsoever of the crime, the defense simply didn't want the jury to see a grieving mother.

"The defense invoked the rule of sequestration of witnesses by representing that she is a potential defense witness," Wolf said. "Under the rule, the court has no alternative but to request her sequestration."

I don't know how unusual it is to keep the family out of the courtroom but it does happen.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-04-07/news/9113003692_1_gouldin-witness-roper

IMO

I would not have a problem with Cindy and George sitting through the entire trial, as long as they were seated right behind Casey so that she feels them breath on her neck each and every single time one of her friends give testimony of how George had a heart attack, or how Cindy was going to divorce George and sign the house over to Casey.
I don't worry about Cindy nor George lying on the stand and getting away with it due to the great State Attorney's on this case.

They failed as parents, they failed Caylee, each and every one of them and they should have to listen to each and every moment of their failures.

Caylee Marie deserves her story to be told, and Cindy, George and Cindy deserve to see the disgust on each and every juror's face as it is.

Everyone remember when Jeff Ashton described how Caylee died in the courtroom and after KC started to get angry JB leaned over, said something to KC and KC started to cry. CA was up like a shot, out of her chair and out the door with GA right behind her. They can't be doing that in the middle of the trial because once they are through those doors I think that will be it and they will not be allowed back in.

If this were me I would welcome a room where I could view the trial, evidence and be free to react whatever way I would chose without a camera panning over to see me. The fact they want to sit in court makes me wonder what could their motive be.

As parents we don't always react the way we think we do to what our children get themselves into. While we think we've been cool and handled it well, someone will tell us what we were thinking was written all over our face. So this may not be the best for KC. While the A's claim the rights of the victum's next of kin, they are clearly caught between the two. Caylee is gone and they don't want justice for Caylee at the expense of their daughter. They would be attending for all the wrong reasons. jmo

I agree with what you are saying here Lambchop. Yet I also really want them in court under the scrutiny of the public since they are supporting ICA. I respect the opinions of WS posters...:blushing: and especially those like you who present a different perspective so well. I agree that their motives are to somehow interfere or affect this trial. While agreeing with that, I guess the angry side of me wants to watch them face the music along with ICA. Sitting behind her in support gives me that satisfaction in a way. Like they are all on trial.

I wish for Caylee they would surprise us all and on their first day being able to appear in court as observers, that they sit right behind the SA. I wish that for Caylee so bad but I know it won't happen.

Fundamentally, as witnesses they should be out for the duration... but I have to say that a lil Anthony courtroom drama would be a hoot. These <interesting people> never cease to amaze me. I want to see CA having to sit through testimony of others SHE CANNOT CONTROL. Meltdown.

I believe the judge stated at one of the hearings they could attend after they have testified. On those grounds I'll assume the trial will follow the same rules, they will just then be hoping they are called up early. I'm hopeful that the gravity of the situation will temper their actions/reactions however I'm not holding out much hope that it will come to fruition.

I refuse to get upset with it either way,(trying to calm myself for the trial it is going to be a tough one.) I'm trying to see the upcoming days as Caylees chance to tell her story. I believe she loved CA and her Papa Joe with all her heart and would not object to their presence or hold their actions against them. Even if those actions include trying to save KC as CAYLEES STORY is going to be told regardless and JUSTICE is coming..

Caylees voice will be louder than any antics as she has truth on her side and many people fighting for her. All of you here on WS have kept Caylees voice strong and allowed her spirit to soar through your hearts.. We are in the home stretch now and Caylee will be heard, loved and remembered.

ICA will be drowned out by truth, hated and forgotten...

JUSTICE...

Really beautiful post Scotslass.

If I were in CAs shoes, I'd be thankful I had an excuse not to attend the trial in person and see the autopsy photos and hear what a complete sociopath I had raised, day after day after day. Caylee doesn't need her. ICA hates her.
I just don't get it.

She really doesn't want justice.

I agree with what you are saying here Lambchop. Yet I also really want them in court under the scrutiny of the public since they are supporting ICA. I respect the opinions of WS posters...:blushing: and especially those like you who present a different perspective so well. I agree that their motives are to somehow interfere or affect this trial. While agreeing with that, I guess the angry side of me wants to watch them face the music along with ICA. Sitting behind her in support gives me that satisfaction in a way. Like they are all on trial.

I wish for Caylee they would surprise us all and on their first day being able to appear in court as observers, that they sit right behind the SA. I wish that for Caylee so bad but I know it won't happen.

Problem is, WE want to see them misbehave and that is not what is best for the trial. lol I include myself in that WE. While I would not want to miss them acting out because we know they will, it could cause some potential problems with the jury being distracted. They could watch from an off-site, no interruption in their live feed and see everything. They could have whatever support system they wanted with them in that room. CA can't keep her mouth shut and proved it the last time she testified by calling Linda out in court by her first name as if they were best of friends. We may want them in but for the sake of the trial, I hope they are out. I think allowing them to sit in another room w/full access to what is happening in the courtroom would not be the same as keeping them sequestered. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member