Explosion at the Boston Marathon #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the media 'lying'? No, they were wrong.

Or, if you want to be more generous, they were reporting accurately on the mass hysteria and racial profiling that is going on. Why did the media report about the Saudi suspect? Because a random person tackled a victim who looked like a foreigner, and handed him over to the police and the media as a a terrorist. Why did the media report that these two guys in the crowd were 'potential suspects'? Because random people on the internet (hi, that's us!) did the same thing, for the same reasons. They look like foreigners, and people could imagine bombs in their backpacks.

As soon as they hit the mainstream media, they were discredited. But some people are still demanding evidence that they aren't terrorists? Was there ever any evidence that they were?

This is a fact: We are 0 for 3 on picking terrorists out of the crowd. We shouldn't be turning to random innocent people to prove themselves, we should be calling out the media -- and ourselves -- for getting it wrong.

The whole 'heroic response to tragedy' thing is seriously starting to wear thin in the face of mass hysteria and we've already milked cowboy hat guy for all he's worth. At this point, people can either shrug and start scanning the crowd for another foreigner with a backpack, or take some effing responsibility and step up.
Cowboy hat guy saved a life! Give him some respect.

Trying to get caught up, but I gave up. Geesh.

Everyone is a suspect that was there, victim, helper/hero, observer. All the many thousands of people there. I'm certain that all the law enforcement agencies want to talk to every single person close to the bombs. That is thousands. Doesn't matter if they have purple skin, if the wheeled a wounded person out or applied a tourniquet, doesn't matter if the freaked and ran, stood still and did nothing, bent over crying, nothing matters except that they were there. Could have seen any tiny thing that is helpful or could have been a perp. Thousands of them, all colors, all races, all action or non-action.

I am not really clear what point is trying to be made. Profiling is not what we're looking at here. We are looking at terrorism...whether it's foreign or domestic. Of course, the largest terrorist act on U.S. soil was foreign and we are at the time still fighting terrorism in Afghanistan. I think it would only be natural to wonder if these folks were not U.S. citizens and if it was another outside attack on us. We all realize that an Asian person, for example, could be a citizen and 2nd or 3rd generation American. It's also been known that American's have joined forces with the Taliban against their own country of origin. Nationality or race isn't the issue here, IMO, it's terrorism and who is responsible. ^i^
Storm, thank you! :angel:

Everyone is a suspect that was there, victim, helper/hero, observer. All the many thousands of people there. I'm certain that all the law enforcement agencies want to talk to every single person close to the bombs. That is thousands. Doesn't matter if they have purple skin, if the wheeled a wounded person out or applied a tourniquet, doesn't matter if the freaked and ran, stood still and did nothing, bent over crying, nothing matters except that they were there. Could have seen any tiny thing that is helpful or could have been a perp. Thousands of them, all colors, all races, all action or non-action.

WORD! Well said!

:rocker:

Respectfully snipped

laptop510.jpg

ETA this photo is just a random google image search of msnger bags!

Is that Kiefer Sutherland, lol?

Me too! Between this and West Texas. I can't keep up!
Has there been an arrest? It was unclear yesterday when I left off.

Me too! Between this and West Texas. I can't keep up!
Has there been an arrest? It was unclear yesterday when I left off.

No arrest reported yet. T.V. showing more video footage of more suspicious looking activity, but no reports of a perp in custody or even identified or located.

I understand that we don't want to rely on Fox News, 4chan, and Reddit as 100% reliable MSM sources.

But, why is CNN still reporting this on their front page:

Meanwhile, behind the scenes, hundreds of investigators will continue their around-the-clock work to identify two men that a law enforcement source told CNN are pictured in images captured before the blast -- not far from the race's finish line, one of them lugging a black backpack.

It was in such a backpack that investigators believe the bomber or bombers placed explosive devices that killed three and wounded more than 180 Monday toward the end of the Boston Marathon.On Wednesday, a law enforcement official who is being regularly briefed on the investigation told CNN's Susan Candiotti that images showing two men near the marathon finish line were being circulated to state and federal law enforcement agencies.
The photographs are not being released to the public for fear of impeding the investigation, the source said.
The source described the men as "possible suspects."

Seen on a video, the man wore a white baseball cap. One of the sources added that the cap was on backward and the man was also wearing a light-colored hooded sweatshirt and a black jacket.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/18/us/boston-blasts/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Haven't read through all the posts since midnight last night, but the NY post is running the picture of these to guys this morning and it was discussed that so was the Boston Globe. If thes guys are being wrongly accused and LE hasn't come out and disputed it, they are going to have some lawsuit.

An expert on terrorism says the Saudi national who was the original “person of interest” in connection with Monday’s Boston Marathon bombing is going to be deported from the U.S. next week.

The foreign student from Revere, Mass., is identified as 20-year-old Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi.

“I just learned from my own sources that he is now going to be deported on national security grounds next Tuesday, which is very unusual,” Steve Emerson of the Investigative Project on Terrorism told Sean Hannity of Fox News Wednesday night.

The Reuters news agency reported President Barack Obama met with Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal on Wednesday, noting “the meeting was not on Obama’s public schedule.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/u-s-deporting-saudi-person-of-interest/#1otJHaUEgwzWTBOQ.99

Finally caught up. I made a post yesterday concerning trying to figure out all these pics and it still holds true today. You can't look at 2-3 pics of a person standing there and somehow if it appears that person doesn't have a backpack on him/her, it's the suspect. There is no context to any of these pics and simply because some guy draws a red circle on the ground and then shows two random people standing in that same spot (at who knows when, was any time given to the pics of the two men last night?), then speculation runs the gambit on how they are the suspects.

Media is not going to leak out the pics of who LE is looking at or else you are going to have 100 different people getting figured because they 'look' like the suspect. I understand everyone wants to help, I just refuse to believe that reddit/4chan (lol) of all places has more footage of who did this than LE/FBI. The day 4chan cracks the case one on of these terrorist situation as far as 'who did it' is when we need to seriously question the competentcy of the FBI.

Was the media 'lying'? No, they were wrong.

Or, if you want to be more generous, they were reporting accurately on the mass hysteria and racial profiling that is going on. Why did the media report about the Saudi suspect? Because a random person tackled a victim who looked like a foreigner, and handed him over to the police and the media as a a terrorist. Why did the media report that these two guys in the crowd were 'potential suspects'? Because random people on the internet (hi, that's us!) did the same thing, for the same reasons. They look like foreigners, and people could imagine bombs in their backpacks.

As soon as they hit the mainstream media, they were discredited. But some people are still demanding evidence that they aren't terrorists? Was there ever any evidence that they were?

This is a fact: We are 0 for 3 on picking terrorists out of the crowd. We shouldn't be turning to random innocent people to prove themselves, we should be calling out the media -- and ourselves -- for getting it wrong.

The whole 'heroic response to tragedy' thing is seriously starting to wear thin in the face of mass hysteria and we've already milked cowboy hat guy for all he's worth. At this point, people can either shrug and start scanning the crowd for another foreigner with a backpack, or take some effing responsibility and step up.

:clap:

A good, sourced item from Salon about how media (in particular, CNN, with Fox running a close second) got things wrong yesterday:

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/17/cnns_boston_embarrassment_how_a_scoop_turns_sour/

The problem is there is no vetting of the source. One LE official makes a statement and the networks run with it to 'break' the story. There's no follow up anymore. The same exact thing happened at Newtown, a source tells the network the name of the shooter because they found a wallet with a name and that name gets plastered all over the internet. Next thing you know Adam Lanza's brother is trying to figure out why people are unfriending him on FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88