Explosion at the Boston Marathon #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier today they were talking about a white guy, grey hoodie, black jacket, backwards white cap (I posted a pic of a guy matching that description) and now LE is talking about these two who seem to be completely different other than "white hat" and "black jacket." Hard to understand what's going on. Very confusing! :banghead:

Is it possible that when he went to the second bomb site he turned his hat around on his head? Perhaps the grey hoodie was a trick of the eye or perhaps he removed it at some point. I could see it being the same guy and they ID'ed him first (placing the bomb at the second site) and then after rifling through more photos saw he was with someone else, apparently communicating with the other guy, so they expanded their description. Maybe?

Can we please stop calling these guys "foreign" looking? As an olive completed natural born American, I find it very offensive. One can have fair skin and not be American.

I'm curious what you might find very offensive about it. There is an attempt to identify people who the FBI have asked for info about.

Investigators have pinpointed two men as "possible suspects" who were seen in images near the finish line of this week's Boston Marathon -- moments before twin bombs there exploded, killing three and injuring about 180 others -- a law enforcement official said.
A circular sent out Wednesday to federal and state agencies features the photos "in an attempt to identify the individuals," who were described as being of "high interest" to investigators.
One of the men is seen carrying a black backpack.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/boston-blasts/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I agree. I can't speak for everyone but I'm certainly not interested in these guys because of any perceived nationality or race. I am interested in them for the following reasons:

1) They fit the clothing description being provided by some (as yet) unnamed sources supposedly close to or within LE.
2) They were literally standing at ground zero where it appears the first bomb went off -- you can even see in the red circled part of the image where there might be remnants of a black backpack sitting on top of a singed area of concrete.
3) I can see what appears to be the top "knob" of a possible pressure cooker poking out the fabric of the bottom of the backpack.
4) The backpack appears to be straining under the weight of something heavy within it, as evidenced by the way the fabric is pulling in triangular fashion at the top.
5) Their closed off, preoccupied body language.
6) Their proximity to BOTH bomb sites as evidence by photos.

I live in Boston and I can say that it is truly a melting pot of tons of different kinds of people -- all races, nationalities, sexual orientations, backgrounds, lifestyles, etc. We are generally very open-minded people around here and, just speaking for myself, I'm really not looking at these guys for any reasons other than the ones I listed above.

http://imgur.com/a/f2iNp
Yes, but it's possible that these two men are not the same as the men in the photos supposedly given to the media by LE.

All of those things y'all are describing came from sleuthers such as us looking through photos.

Not multiple media outlets telling us they have seen photos from LE.

There is a HUGE difference.

@Kim. My post and link to pics came from Reddit and 4Chan initially. Not long after confirmed by CBS.

VERY good catch! Does his shirt say "Old Navy"?
Thanks.

The more I look, the more I think they're not the same pair.

What a huge coincidence though, that two pairs of people can be in the same place and have similar descriptions.

I hope I did this correctly.possible suspects.jpg I marked where I possibly see a battery,

I agree.... the guy in blue is definitely a different guy than the one with the Adidas stripes down the sleeve. He also had red shoes, right?

@Kim. My post and link to pics came from Reddit and 4Chan initially. Not long after confirmed by CBS.

Yeah I know the photos of the two men (along with various other people) have been floating around.
We were all looking, guessing...

But what I was saying is we have now heard from several news sources that say they have seen the photos from the FBI and they describe the pair exactly.

Okay, FBI may have only given descriptions to some people, but I saw Rick Levinthal as early as 6 this evening saying he was shown actual photos, where faces were very clear. We have Boston Channel 2 showing pictures of these men saying they were given to them by LE. I believe CNN and Fox is showing them. if these are not the same people LE is looking at, why aren't they getting on TV and correcting that info. They came out today and corrected that they had nobody in custody, I presume they would made a correction with this if these 2 men were being wrongly looked at.

I'm curious what you might find very offensive about it. There is an attempt to identify people who the FBI have asked for info about.

As I said, one can have fair skin and not be American. The man in blue has a medium brown complexion, but the man in black is, IMO, fair-skinned. Neither looks "foreign" to me. What is "foreign" looking anyway? Really, if one wants to argue the point, only Native Americans don't look "foreign." IMO, it shows incredible bias to assume someone is "foreign" based on their physical features.

yes thats the one.. where is the proper version of this pic. havent seen this one anywhere?

I've seen these photos on http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA. Including the one overlapping 'ground zero' with the photo of the two guys.

(And many, many more, with circles around several back-pack carrying 'suspects.')

I believe the FBI is only saying they are seeking identification of these men. They are not yet calling them official suspects.

CNN says LE has NOT released the photos. CNN has seen them. Says LE has numerous pictures of the individuals at different locations. So where are we getting that it is these two people?

IDK, it may be....

but as I said before....not sure it's the same guys in the most recent photo but I guess they could also have different clothes in the back packs....

I'm not going into this again but those two men do not necessarily look "foreign" and if there were white people I doubt they'd be called "foreign looking" even though Polish, British and Irish people are white as well.

Those two men could be foreign born but they could also be American born. One of them looks a lot like my American born son. Seems pretty clear to me why it is offensive to repeatedly call someone with a darker complexion "foreign."

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2013/04/17/20748206.html
"Lead FBI investigators have warned that continued media speculation about an early arrest in the Boston Marathon bombings is harming efforts to conduct a thorough investigation.

This follows Wednesday's chaos when competing rumours at one stage had a suspect ready to be charged at the same time the Federal Courthouse was being cleared and a hospital emptied on the back of dual bomb threats"

I agree.... the guy in blue is definitely a different guy than the one with the Adidas stripes down the sleeve. He also had red shoes, right?

Yes, he did. Nikes. The screen shot of the TV clip isn't clear enough for me to see his feet.

Okay, FBI may have only given descriptions to some people, but I saw Rick Levinthal as early as 6 this evening saying he was shown actual photos, where faces were very clear. We have Boston Channel 2 showing pictures of these men saying they were given to them by LE. I believe CNN and Fox is showing them. if these are not the same people LE is looking at, why aren't they getting on TV and correcting that info. They came out today and corrected that they had nobody in custody, I presume they would made a correction with this if these 2 men were being wrongly looked at.

I totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member