Explosion at the Boston Marathon #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at the distance on these addresses.

From the first bomb to the second bomb it is 413 Feet. Google gives a walk time of one minute.

From second bomb to corner of Boylston and Fairfield. 190 feet. Google gives walk time of 42 seconds.

Of course, I imagine google is calculating a reasonably paced walk and not moving from the area where a bomb just went off.

Leads me to believe that suspect #2 was definitely on the same block when the second bomb went off. JMHO

Which is why I think guy #1 was closer to site #1 still and not in that picture.

I take the suspect as walking fast the way his arm is placed not walking with his hands down. Either way,he doesn't look paniced like everyone else.
OMG, I noticed that foolish man who looks to be smiling!! Whats up with that?

He could be gasping and/or grimacing. Look how he's leaning against the fence and not able to hold himself up on his own. He looks out of shape, perhaps he ran from the explosion and it totally winded him.

I wonder was traffic allowed on Fairfield? Does anyone know if driving was restricted on that road during the marathon? Just curious because trying to figure out how long he would have had to walk ... just curious.

He's only about a block from the bus stop on Newberry Street at Gloucester.

Technically both bombs went off near the finish line. The race was 26 miles long wasn't it? :-/

Yes the race was 26 miles long.

The quote of mine that you responded to was to another member here that was asking specifically about a picture and was confused about some reporting about the picture and which bomb site---the one closest at the finish line or the one about a block or block and half away.

I've read this post several times prior to responding because I'm sure you didn't mean it this way - but it comes across as snarky. JMHO

So very true BB. Every great once in a while we will see a suspect on WS or someone convicted of a crime that is my Son's age. Which he's 22 going on 23 and he's been in the miltary now 4 years. I am always stunned at how someone that age does something like this or commits some of the horrible crimes we see. Sorry, just musing. I guess I'm getting old. :)

A big thank you to Kat's son for serving our country!
Very much appreciated!

That doesn't look like the same bag to me. The bag he's carrying is lighter coloured.

You're wrong, the bag is just seen from a different angle (top and front on the other picture). It is clearly the same bag to me, you can never be certain but when the FBI has footage of him dropping a bag/package at the bombsite and you have a picture with a bag that looks almost identical.. chances are slim that this is another bag.

I did send it in to the FBI, not sure what LE is.. if anyone could tell me? Not from America.. :/

You're wrong, the bag is just seen from a different angle (top and front on the other picture). It is clearly the same bag to me, you can never be certain but when the FBI has footage of him dropping a bag/package at the bombsite and you have a picture with a bag that looks almost identical.. chances are slim that this is another bag.

I did send it in to the FBI, not sure what LE is.. if anyone could tell me? Not from America.. :/

Law Enforcement.

Im sick at my stomach..cnn just reported that according to sources,they have video of suspects lingering and watching after bombs went off..then walking away...the gall..unreal

interesting. there is a you tube video of from occupy boston where the speaker looks a LOT like the suspect in the white hat (#2 I believe?) his profile is pretty distinct (nose, etc.)

I don't know if it's ok to post this public video or not.

I take the suspect as walking fast the way his arm is placed not walking with his hands down. Either way,he doesn't look paniced like everyone else.
OMG, I noticed that foolish man who looks to be smiling!! Whats up with that?
I wondered about that smiling man too. What's he holding in his hand, and is that a 3 or a B on his sweater?

I guess that blows the "lone wolf" theory out of the water. At least two people appears to have been involved. I just hope they have not gotten out of the country.

Im sick at my stomach..cnn just reported that according to sources,they have video of suspects lingering and watching after bombs went off..then walking away...the gall..unreal

It's been my gut feeling from the start that this was the work of someone who simply wanted to hurt people; mayhem and murder being their only motivation. JMO, IMO, MOO, etc.

I know it's shocking. I want to know how near they had to be to the bombs to detonate them obviously pretty close.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/18/fbi-photographs-video-suspects-boston-bombings
"Suspect 2 put down a backpack at the site of the second explosion, just in front of the Forum restaurant, shortly before the blast occurred.

Following apparently planting the bomb, Suspect 2 walked west along Boylston Street and then disappeared from police sight. Video released by the FBI on its website showed Suspect 1 walking through the marathon crowd, followed by Suspect 2 about five paces behind. The two men do not talk to each other but do move in the same direction, both with bulky packs slung on their shoulders.

In the photographs, the two suspects are seen walking through the crowd of marathon spectators up Boylston Street, in the vicinity of Gloucester Street. Each suspect is the subject of four photographs: Suspect 1 is heavy set, wearing sunglasses and a black baseball cap with a white insignia in front; he is dressed in a white T-shirt and a knee-length dark coat and khaki-coloured trousers. Suspect 2 is thinner, with dark curly hair protruding from a white baseball cap placed backwards on his head. He is dressed in a grey hoody beneath a black coat and black trousers"

interesting. there is a you tube video of from occupy boston where the speaker looks a LOT like the suspect in the white hat (#2 I believe?) his profile is pretty distinct (nose, etc.)

I don't know if it's ok to post this public video or not.

It does look a lot like him. Right down to the shadow stache.

White hat guy back pack doesn't appear to be bulky or heavy.

Yes the race was 26 miles long.

The quote of mine that you responded to was to another member here that was asking specifically about a picture and was confused about some reporting about the picture and which bomb site---the one closest at the finish line or the one about a block or block and half away.

I've read this post several times prior to responding because I'm sure you didn't mean it this way - but it comes across as snarky. JMHO

Thank you for clearing that up!!! Totally didn't mean to sound snarky at all! I'm sorry. I keep seeing media posting about these guys being seen near the finish line and I was just thinking that they meant near the vicinity of the finish line in the two blocks where the bombs went off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member