Explosion Boston Marathon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
post what is happening in real time with a link.... If you are going to post something that is a photo from MAIN STREAM MEDIA that has a LINK provide that link in your post. This is a developing situation.

I am always in awe and humbled by the rescue workers that run to help others when everyone else is running away. True heroes. I pray from them and the psychological scars this will place on them seeing people that way and being part of an attack. And prayers to all the victims and their families and everyone that was there and who may have PTSD after this. I hope whoever did this is found and I only wish our justice system was even harsher for people this absolutely horrid.

Nobody's heard from Weebles. Her son and his class were watching the marathon today. Some folks have pm'd her, but no response that I know of yet....

It could be a while. Cell service in the city is still down, as far as I know, and spotty even out here in the suburbs (due mostly to overload, I suspect.)

Nobody's heard from Weebles. Her son and his class were watching the marathon today. Some folks have pm'd her, but no response that I know of yet....

I'm sure you've already been answered but her son is fine! She posted over in Arizona v Arias thread. :jumping:

BH77NNhCUAIB19W.jpg

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro/-/11971628/19761948/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/x91lr1z/-/index.html

I don't see any gorey pictures in this slideshow. However There some Blood in some photos Be forewarned please.

Question? What store has been identified as where the bomb was placed? I see in one of these pictures that it looks as if the windows of a Starbucks have been blown out. Thanks!

Local news has been saying it's Marathon Sports. I think it's next door to the Starbucks.

I had coffee there just a couple of weeks ago...

Um. Im not sure your point unless its just to argue which I refuse to do. I am very aware of all of that and then some....

My point is "they" aren't setting off small bombs because they now have to get "close and personal".

"They" were limited not by our security but by their abilities.

Weebles son and his whole class are ok !!!!

I am always in awe and humbled by the rescue workers that run to help others when everyone else is running away. True heroes. I pray from them and the psychological scars this will place on them seeing people that way and being part of an attack. And prayers to all the victims and their families and everyone that was there and who may have PTSD after this. I hope whoever did this is found and I only wish our justice system was even harsher for people this absolutely horrid.

I must have watched the same video a thousand times today, but every time they show the folks running directly into the smoke where the bomb went off, I am amazed all over again.

Dr. Allan Panter, who was near the finish line waiting for his wife who was running the race, told CNN he was standing about 20 to 25 feet from the first blast. He said he treated victims on the street after the explosion.

"I saw at least six to seven people down next to me," he said. "They protected me from the blast. One lady expired. One gentleman lost both his (lower) limbs. Most of the injuries were lower extremities. I could not figure out why the young lady had expired. I could not find any injury on her thorax."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/15/explosions-near-finish-of-boston-marathon/?hpt=hp_t1

I think what is getting to me is that they were out doing something they enjoy. I just don't have the words to explain how sorry I am for those who lost their lives or who were injured. This should not have happened!!

It struck me as someone earlier was posting the victims and their ages, that the bombs were placed low and one would naturally assume younger, smaller victims would be more badly wounded or killed, while adults would more likely be maimed. . . and if the bomb were placed where Masconism posted, the shrapnel would be even more deadly than a backpack.

PM @JuliaGillard: family & friends unable to contact loved ones can call DFAT consular emergency centre 1300 555 135
Julia Gillard just held a press conference. I was on the phone at the time, but I thought I heard something about all Australians being accounted for (and none hurt)?

They also said again that the above number is a last resort number.

EDITING TO SAY:
The wording was that there are no reports of Australians being hurt. They did NOT say that all Aussies are accounted for. Sorry for the misinformation!!

Local news has been saying it's Marathon Sports. I think it's next door to the Starbucks.

I had coffee there just a couple of weeks ago...

I'm very glad you were here with us today and not there. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members