Explosion Boston Marathon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlos lost his son in Iraq several years ago. He is a well know peace activist. He himself was burned badly after learning of his son Alexander's death. He has also been beaten up pretty badly by counter protestors. Today he was a brave and comforting man to some poor soul. He's well loved already as is his wife. My DD said he's a chrismatic, gentle, kind man.

Prayers for Carlos. That had to be horrific for him.

He also lost his surviving son to suicide a few years after his other son was killed in the war.

Carlos and Melida are just incredibly special people. You were so right when you said he was here for a reason.

Carlos Arredondo, who aided victims after explosions at the Boston Marathon, holds a bloodied American flag.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/e...ikes-boston-we-know-weve-been-here-before.ece

From your link:

We know that terrorists always underestimate who we are. That we are stronger than any single act of terror. And that we emerge from attacks stronger, not weaker. What we know is that every such act of violence against innocent Americans reminds us that we are the United States.
and

We know that those of us in Dallas, and Miami and Los Angeles and Seattle and St. Louis, will stand with the people of Boston. We will hold hands and light candles; we will send assistance and prayers.
We will grit our teeth and ramp up our vigilance. And we know that those who will be investigating this horrific act will do it even more efficiently and with greater tools than they did 12 years ago.

yup.

Thanks fruity.:seeya:

DFAT said the Australian Consulate-General in New York is making urgent inquiries to determine whether any Australian citizens may have been involved in the explosions that have occurred at the Boston Marathon on Monday afternoon local time.
Records on the Boston Marathon website reveal 153 entrants had registered for the event as Australian citizens.

#DFAT is trending on Twitter in Australia.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/f...ng/story-fndir2ev-1226621233244#ixzz2QaXy5ICS

Melbourne in Australia is a sister city of Boston and it is tragic for them as well.
Especially since the news is now reporting an evacuation because of a suspicious package in Melbourne. I'm sure it's not related and that everyone is jittery, but what a horrible coincidence.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ournes-docklands/story-e6freuy9-1226621423441

This is probably a dumb idea, but that's par for the course today. I was thinking about where these things were placed, and where the majority of the damage was; is it possible that it was actually someone with some kind of grudge against one or more runners, the people who organize the marathon, or some other related person or group? It seems like targeting the lower extremities would be even more devastating for conditioned runners than for the average person. If death was the main goal, it just seems like the damage would have been high enough to cause mainly head or chest injuries. Of course, it could just be the convenience of placing them where they were. MOO

I live here in Boston and am completely devastated. I was born and raised here. For 57 years I have enjoyed and celebrated in so many of our history's annual festivities, such as the huge Fourth of July celebration, The Marathon, the Feast of St. Anthony and so many more.

Since 9/11 I have taken a huge sigh of relief as each Holiday celebration which brings thousands of people to celebrate in our wonderful city together, comes and goes without incident. I knew this day would come, but prayed to God that it Never would.

Dr. Drew and his guests tonight shared their pain and heartache about today's actions. They don't know how to deal with their grief and neither do I. Dr. Drew said be with your loved ones and keep them close tonight.

Well I am without loved ones and sit here in shock and horror, but foremost broken hearted that so many people are dying from senseless acts such as these each and every day.

I thank you all for giving me a "safe" place to be tonight. Here with people who understand and are loving and kind. Without family or friends who live close by, I am alone with my broken heart and thankful to be here with all of you.

I am so very honored to be part of such an amazing, loving, community such as this. Please pray for all of us here in Boston as we make our way through this tragedy.

xo to all

(((Pink fairy)))

You are definitely not alone in here!

(((pinkfairy)))

Prayers to you and your city.

You have great LE and first responders and all other medical/rescue personnel.

Why does the Saudi national keep coming up? The Saudis are our "allies". Very rich and influential allies.

That doesn't sound like media spin. I am sure there will be a good explanation.

??? Some of the 911 attackers were from Saudi! OBL was originally from Saudi before he until he was kicked out and not allowed to return. Not all Saudi Nationals are our friends or allies.

excellent-hopefully the person will step forward. Or perhaps they are *not* being held at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

I live here in Boston and am completely devastated. I was born and raised here. For 57 years I have enjoyed and celebrated in so many of our history's annual festivities, such as the huge Fourth of July celebration, The Marathon, the Feast of St. Anthony and so many more.

Since 9/11 I have taken a huge sigh of relief as each Holiday celebration which brings thousands of people to celebrate in our wonderful city together, comes and goes without incident. I knew this day would come, but prayed to God that it Never would.

Dr. Drew and his guests tonight shared their pain and heartache about today's actions. They don't know how to deal with their grief and neither do I. Dr. Drew said be with your loved ones and keep them close tonight.

Well I am without loved ones and sit here in shock and horror, but foremost broken hearted that so many people are dying from senseless acts such as these each and every day.

I thank you all for giving me a "safe" place to be tonight. Here with people who understand and are loving and kind. Without family or friends who live close by, I am alone with my broken heart and thankful to be here with all of you.

I am so very honored to be part of such an amazing, loving, community such as this. Please pray for all of us here in Boston as we make our way through this tragedy.

xo to all

Aww, love and warm hugs to you Pinkfairy. Bless you.

I am very impressed with the Mass. General surgeon currently speaking to the press. Not impressed with the press though (do some of them use their ears/brains before opening their mouths..?)

Me too! I didn't understand his description of the injuries. Did he say "of another world" ??? He said his oldest victim was 71 ? No pediatrics - no one under the age of 18.

This is probably a dumb idea, but that's par for the course today. I was thinking about where these things were placed, and where the majority of the damage was; is it possible that it was actually someone with some kind of grudge against one or more runners, the people who organize the marathon, or some other related person or group? It seems like targeting the lower extremities would be even more devastating for conditioned runners than for the average person. If death was the main goal, it just seems like the damage would have been high enough to cause mainly head or chest injuries. Of course, it could just be the convenience of placing them where they were. MOO

With one of the devices placed directly in front of Marathon Sports, I would think that's entirely plausible.

look left on top of building I see a figure of someone

If someone, who knows Boston, could use Google Streetview to see the building, we might be able to tell if this was a person or just some feature of the building.

Enhanced...

picture.php
While I think it's very wise that this photo was forwarded to the authorities, I bet this guy was outside having a cigarette or something. It looks like a place for a work break with the tables.

Now that it has gone viral, I hope he steps forward to say he's innocent, IF that's the case!! It's possible that he was involved.

Me too! I didn't understand his description of the injuries. Did he say "of another world" ??? He said his oldest victim was 71 ? No pediatrics - no one under the age of 18.

They would have taken any pediatric victims to Children's Hospital, which is right next door to Brigham&Women's. One of the best in the world.

There are at least 10 kids that were taken to Boston Children's Hospital.

This is probably too early to suggest on this thread but I'm going to bring it up anyway.

When I share this it in no way places responsibility on the victims.

But, I think that we need to ask that we have public education (public messages like on TV similar to what we see about drugs and etc) about situation awareness. The reason I say this is because as a military family member I've had to have training and have found it very beneficial.

It will not prevent a terrorist attack but having the knowledge empowers people and also informs them on how to recognize potentially dangerous situations.

Just some thoughts to empower the general public instead of letting them live in terror. I looked but I didn't see anything available for the general public, I only see stuff for military members and their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member