Explosion Boston Marathon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone, who knows Boston, could use Google Streetview to see the building, we might be able to tell if this was a person or just some feature of the building.

There's a rooftop garden up there (as on top of most Boston buildings), so it's quite likely a person.

Police say three people were killed in the blasts.
They provided no details, but someone who spoke to a friend of the family and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity to protect the family's privacy confirmed that an 8-year-old boy was among the dead.

The person said the boy's mother and sister were also injured as they waited for his father to finish the race.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=24803696&n...jures-over-130-&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-1

Enhanced...

picture.php

That seems big compared to the windows.

I live here in Boston and am completely devastated. I was born and raised here. For 57 years I have enjoyed and celebrated in so many of our history's annual festivities, such as the huge Fourth of July celebration, The Marathon, the Feast of St. Anthony and so many more.

Since 9/11 I have taken a huge sigh of relief as each Holiday celebration which brings thousands of people to celebrate in our wonderful city together, comes and goes without incident. I knew this day would come, but prayed to God that it Never would.

Dr. Drew and his guests tonight shared their pain and heartache about today's actions. They don't know how to deal with their grief and neither do I. Dr. Drew said be with your loved ones and keep them close tonight.

Well I am without loved ones and sit here in shock and horror, but foremost broken hearted that so many people are dying from senseless acts such as these each and every day.

I thank you all for giving me a "safe" place to be tonight. Here with people who understand and are loving and kind. Without family or friends who live close by, I am alone with my broken heart and thankful to be here with all of you.

I am so very honored to be part of such an amazing, loving, community such as this. Please pray for all of us here in Boston as we make our way through this tragedy.

xo to all

We are praying, pinkfairy. I am so, so very sorry. It must be devastating to see your beloved City in such crisis. You do have a wonderful community. We can see that.

Special prayers from Philadelphia.

Haven't heard any confirmation on that earlier report of "remote detenators". DS said that was probably the case and why the others didn't go - jammed the circuit. If they were remotely detenated, then that means "whoever" wasn't around - or could he have been on a roof? Just sayin........................

JMHO

Thank you for your love and hugs. I really need them tonight. I am completely devastated.

The bin Laden family is Saudi.

eta: I'm not saying they're involved, only that every country has its dissidents and crazies.

After 9/11 I read an editorial article about the goals of Al Qaeda. They weren't out to destroy the US, they were trying to provoke a war in the middle east that allowed the corrupt middle eastern dictators to be over thrown.

When their people realized they could beat the Russians (Afghanistan, Bin Laden fought in that war) and the US they would take down their own corrupt leaders. Provoking the Super Power and beating them builds confidence (have we conquered/controlled Afghanistan yet???) and if super powers can be beaten then corrupt middle eastern dictators can be too.

There has been a LOT of disruption in the middle east (Syria, Egypt, Libya, etc....) since 9/11, governments have been overthrown.

The Saudi's haven't though.

Just a thought.

Haven't heard any confirmation on that earlier report of "remote detenators". DS said that was probably the case and why the others didn't go - jammed the circuit. If they were remotely detenated, then that means "whoever" wasn't around - or could he have been on a roof? Just sayin........................

JMHO

I heard it was cell phone detonation. It seemed to be the reason they took out the cell towers for a while in the city. I will get you a link

I am beyond sad for everyone involved in this they all have my love and prayers. A fun happy day turned to such hatred and sadness.
I am also disgusted with the graphic pictures, I came across a few and it warned they were graphic I clicked the link anyway not expecting the pictures to be that graphic I was wrong.
I really couldn't believe someone would stand there and photograph what I just seen wheres the compassion instead of taking photos why not try talking to them praying with them, I understand not everyone is religious. But these people needed love and care instead of a camera taking photos of them in that state. Bless them all. It disgusted me. I seen a couple or a few, I didn't look long that had lost both legs.

A high school friend lost her leg swimming in the lake when a boat ran over her.

We roomed together in college for a bit and by then she could swim, ride a bike, lots of stuff.

Praying for the folks that lost limbs that they'll recover as well as she did.

Praying for the families of the victims who died....

I keep thinking about this picture posted by Raine and have shared it with a number of people, even those I know in the Intel community....

Listening to the scanner, a dispatcher mentioned someone wearing all black (black hoodie) and fleeing from the area of the explosion right before it happened....

grant it, the figure being so far away would come across as "dark"....and while a still photo never shows a true story of what is happening if watching it live.....what I see is there is no HURRY in their step which I find odd. their step looks to be a normal walk....

picture.php

To me it looks like the person is walking with their head down while texting.

I live here in Boston and am completely devastated. I was born and raised here. For 57 years I have enjoyed and celebrated in so many of our history's annual festivities, such as the huge Fourth of July celebration, The Marathon, the Feast of St. Anthony and so many more.

Since 9/11 I have taken a huge sigh of relief as each Holiday celebration which brings thousands of people to celebrate in our wonderful city together, comes and goes without incident. I knew this day would come, but prayed to God that it Never would.

Dr. Drew and his guests tonight shared their pain and heartache about today's actions. They don't know how to deal with their grief and neither do I. Dr. Drew said be with your loved ones and keep them close tonight.

Well I am without loved ones and sit here in shock and horror, but foremost broken hearted that so many people are dying from senseless acts such as these each and every day.

I thank you all for giving me a "safe" place to be tonight. Here with people who understand and are loving and kind. Without family or friends who live close by, I am alone with my broken heart and thankful to be here with all of you.

I am so very honored to be part of such an amazing, loving, community such as this. Please pray for all of us here in Boston as we make our way through this tragedy.

xo to all

Lots of love coming your way, Pink Fairy.

I'm very sorry this tragic event has occurred and those who lost their lives or are ill tonight are in my prayers. I was frightened and upset watching the events on the news I can't imagine how bad all the people who witnessed what happened felt.

Amalia Barreda/Staff is posting to this link below the live video feed.

http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon

I've been following something she's talking about and posting:

Federal state and Boston police at 364 Ocean Ave in Revere. Searching apartment on 5th floor. Not clear what if any connection there is to marathon bombings

by Amalia Barreda/Staff via mobile 4:15 PM

and just now:

Federal agents in Revere search include FBI, Homeland Security, ICE, also state police
Boston police and bomb squad.
Agents are coming in and out of building but there's no indication yet of what they may have found

by Amalia Barreda/Staff via mobile 4:31 PM

It may turn out to be nothing but she caught my eye when she named who was at the search site at that building.

Here are some photos of the bombing and injured people. BE AWARE, MANY OF THESE PICTURES ARE GRAPHIC. DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/photography/2013/04/boston_marathon_explosions_two_bombs_went_off_by_the_finish_line_photos.html

I'm used to gore, so that's not what upsets me. What hurts the most for me to look at is the confusion, pain and sadness on everyone's faces.

It's the location of the bombing that makes it so scary, in my opinion. You expect these things to happen in a war zone. You don't expect it when you go watch a game, bringing your kids along and eating snacks and having a good time, only to hear an explosion and the next thing you see are smoke, blood and terrified people all over the place.

That seems big compared to the windows.

It does.

I don't remember that particular building well enough to remember if it's one with short windows on the top floor, or on the sides away from the street. Many older Boston buildings are built that way -- to save money. Comparing the side windows to the front windows, that might be the case here.

Amalia Barreda/Staff is posting to this link below the live video feed.

http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon

I've been following something she's talking about and posting:

and just now:

It may turn out to be nothing but she caught my eye when she named who was at the search site at that building.

I would say that is pretty provocative. If this is related to the bombings, they have someone in custody imvho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member