Explosion Boston Marathon #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The timing of the bombs, about two hours after the first runners crossed the finished line, is a little suspicious. A lot of people had left the finish line area by this time. There's something odd about all this and hopefully they already have their finger on the coward that did this. The drs that spoke didn't mention burns to their patients. You would have had to be pretty close to the bomb to get burned. I think they have their guy. IMO

MOO re the bolded: not at all.

The biggest pack was coming up to the finish line at the time the bombs were detonated. Only the very elite runners cross within the first 2.5 hours, then the incredibly amazing runners cross within the next hour.

The men's world record for a 26 mile marathon is just over 2 hours, the women's record is 20 minutes longer. Breaking 3 hours is a goal for many dedicated runners. Many, many people enter and the vast majority take at least 4 hours to complete it. My friend had a couple of miles to go when it happened, and she runs miles every day - she's a good runner. Not to mention, lots of people walk it, and it's open to people in wheelchairs as well.

Remember, it's a staggered/wave start as well.

I do not want them white washed. I want to see what really happened, not a sanatized version.
Granted, I definitely do not want the victims traumas put out there. Press should black out their faces-or protect their identity in some way.
But, yes. I do not want a sanatized visual of what happened on this day.
It's too easy to forget when you don't view what really happened. Imo

I agree.
I study the Holocaust. I've seen the pictures from the Holocaust.
I study the Holocaust because I believe if we forget something, we risk allowing it to happen again.

I also believe that my children shouldn't see pictures like this...
Which is why I come to this board, instead of news sites during things like this.

I don't believe that someone who has been to Iraq (for example) should have to see those pictures without warning.
I don't ask for them to be sanitized... just posted responsibly.
Links. No graphic pictures in the threads. Appropriate warnings. That's all I ask. :seeya:

Enhanced...

picture.php

I was struck by the same thing you mentioned - the stride of the person pictured. As you said, it's hard to judge from a single photo, but it doesn't seem like someone rushing, as one might expect after an explosion has just occurred below. More like a steady stride. But I will hold judgement without further context. What building is that, anyway? Access to the roof?

I'm glad to hear Boston WSers are safe.

fruity is absolutely right, imo. The maximum amount of runners were being funneled into the area. If all of the devices had detonated, we would be looking at something even more catastrophic.

I live here in Boston and am completely devastated. I was born and raised here. For 57 years I have enjoyed and celebrated in so many of our history's annual festivities, such as the huge Fourth of July celebration, The Marathon, the Feast of St. Anthony and so many more.

Since 9/11 I have taken a huge sigh of relief as each Holiday celebration which brings thousands of people to celebrate in our wonderful city together, comes and goes without incident. I knew this day would come, but prayed to God that it Never would.

Dr. Drew and his guests tonight shared their pain and heartache about today's actions. They don't know how to deal with their grief and neither do I. Dr. Drew said be with your loved ones and keep them close tonight.

Well I am without loved ones and sit here in shock and horror, but foremost broken hearted that so many people are dying from senseless acts such as these each and every day.

I thank you all for giving me a "safe" place to be tonight. Here with people who understand and are loving and kind. Without family or friends who live close by, I am alone with my broken heart and thankful to be here with all of you.

I am so very honored to be part of such an amazing, loving, community such as this. Please pray for all of us here in Boston as we make our way through this tragedy.

xo to all
Many hugs being sent to you and everyone in your beautiful, historic city...

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Just now on CNN - new numbers: 144 wounded 17 in critical

Prayers to them and their families.

JMHO

Here are some Twitter links for anyone interested. Several news sources (and the Boston Police Department) are tweeting any new information they get. They also link to articles. Keep in mind that not all info will be 100% accurate since we are not even close to hitting thee 24-hour mark and there's still a lot of confusion going on, but it's good to have these sources anyway.

Boston Police Department
Boston Globe
Huffington Post
NPR
Salon
Slate

So based on what I`m reading here, the perp(s) is completely familiar with the whole process of marathons and likely the Boston Marathon in particular.

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but has it been divulged where the other 2 devices that failed were placed? I assume they were very close to the others as they seemed to be found very quickly.

Thank you for your love and hugs. I really need them tonight. I am completely devastated.

Sending long distance hugs NOW but they originate from a bit closer off rt 38, "go sachems" BACK IN THE DAY!

Yeah Pink, Boston again becomes a "wick" for pain just as the 9/11 flights and the local neighbors & international neighbors "we" ALL had on those planes. Guess that's the price of being so darn fortunate to be able to LIVE in the heavenly land of NEW ENGLAND!

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but has it been divulged where the other 2 devices that failed were placed? I assume they were very close to the others as they seemed to be found very quickly.

One was in front of the Mandarin Hotel and the fourth`s location wasn`t revealed.

I was struck by the same thing you mentioned - the stride of the person pictured. As you said, it's hard to judge from a single photo, but it doesn't seem like someone rushing, as one might expect after an explosion has just occurred below. More like a steady stride. But I will hold judgement without further context. What building is that, anyway? Access to the roof?

I'm glad to hear Boston WSers are safe.

http://theanti-media.org/2013/04/15...gs-spotters-on-roofs-before-explosions-video/

yes it does...and some were saying that they thought the explosives were set off via cellphones, thus the reason cell service was shut off.

the things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

Could it be that person heard a noise and was tweeting about it? I don't know.

fruity is absolutely right, imo. The maximum amount of runners were being funneled into the area. If all of the devices had detonated, we would be looking at something even more catastrophic.
ITA as well. We haven't heard where the others were found - but I betcha they went "right down the running route line". Starting at the finish line and then going backwards to take out more and more as the runners moved forward.

Even though they are saying these were "amature-type" bombs - this seems like it was very carefully planned and, if carried out in toto, would have been catastrophic (like it isn't already).

JMHO

Could it be that person heard a noise and was tweeting about it? I don't know.

yeah who knows....
that's the thing about still images. they never tell the whole story....
wonder who took the picture and if they took a burst of pictures or just that....

it is very eerie looking at it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members