Explosion Boston Marathon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did check to make sure everything they were posting that I posted, had been posted in MSM.
I try to follow what the mods are doing. Since mods were allowing that I figured it was acceptable.
Was just trying to answer some of the questions that people had.

Okay. I'm still pretty new here. Thanks for the info

Folks......While I see graphic scenes and/or the residual aftermath of said scenes daily, NO WAY do I (yeah, even me) wish to encounter them unprepared beyond a sentence buried within some verbiage that I might have skimmed!

And yep, after I DID see them, I began to analyze them.

I have no words regarding those pictures, except to say that they have no business being posted where anyone can easily see them.

What if a relative or friend of a victim came here looking for information and saw those?

Omg! The graphic pic in the ^^^ above post should have a warning of some sort! I can't unseen it and i'm sure the victims families don't want it posted!! :(

Yeah .. that was rough !! The poster has since edited their post to provide links only.

There was no warning. They were posted as images in the thread. We didn't have the choice whether we 'went there'. They were HERE.

What a fun little game for the poster.

Moving on, I missed the presser-it seems to me that the city and the feds have done an incredible job in their response.

No. They've claimed the whole city was being evacuated and the airport shut down, among other misinformation.

I started following them today after this occurred cause someone posting a tweet about them. Me thinking just cause I seen it posted here it was legit. If they are not, i will unfollow.

Thanks for the info.

Mark Furhman on Fox has an interesting take on this in regards to bombs and who uses what kinds. He said that anti-personnel bombs like these that were used today are commonly used in the middle east....he is basing it on the types of injuries being seen/reported. And this was meant to inflict fear and terror not necessarily mass amounts of deaths.

I tend to agree with most of his analysis on cases.

ETA....he believes that these type of terrorists are learning our ways of security and learning how to get CLOSE (rather than far away like 911 and planes).

Here's a thought and a question. On my way home tonight - on the radio - it was said that "they" have closed all the national monuments and also the train station in DC. I thought that was odd - or maybe "they" had info. Yet, since I've been home - I haven't heard a word about that now. At first - they were talking about the JFK Library and how they don't think it was related - so I kinda figured that is where the national monuments came from - but the train station in DC? Anyone else hear anything about this?

JMHO

No interest at all in any theories ... just would like to know if Massachusetts WSers have checked in?

If you're a lurker, can you come out long enough to say all's well? :candle:

Nobody's heard from Weebles. Her son and his class were watching the marathon today. Some folks have pm'd her, but no response that I know of yet....

I started following them today after this occurred cause someone posting a tweet about them. Me thinking just cause I seen it posted here it was legit. If they are not, i will unfollow.

Thanks for the info.

I think they're doing their best, but I wouldn't take their word for it without double-checking it.

I think some of the media (NYPost, maybe?) are using this tweet/live blog as a source, so it becomes kind of circular. Blogger posts something, media uses it, makes it more legitimate...

My stepson is a nurse there, also. We haven't heard from him yet.

((HUG))

UPDATE: Just heard from him, finally! He's ok...said it had been "a long day" but didn't elaborate. He was headed out for a bite to eat. Whew. Relief!

I read earlier that Mass. General Hospital was under lock down for awhile; they searched the parking garage for a "suspicious device"...apparently nothing was found and the garage was reopened.

Continued prayers for those who have not yet heard from their loved ones. I think the cell phone service might still be pretty dicey.

Thanks for your support this afternoon, WSers!

I don't twitter :blushing: but is that source legit? They are posting no links, just their own comments.

Explosion1-500x281.jpg

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/04/1...es-reported-near-boston-marathon-finish-line/

I'm new to twitter too, but this was posted early on and just by the pic, I can see the death toll rising. . . :facepalm:

i saw the picture of the figure on the rooftop posted several times under the Boston Marathon hashtag on Instagram. i saw a number of several disturbing images on Instagram one of which included a leg and what looked like a severed head. mortifying. i'm praying these victims still in the hospital pull though.

I am so sad that some of our newer members are seeing behaviour that is just not us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ml202