Explosion Boston Marathon #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they know where the bomb was placed in the 1st explosion? We have lots of pictures from the 1st explosion and there are severely injured people and then in between 2 groups of injured people there is a woman that looks totally unscathed. How absolutely crazy. Makes me wonder where exactly this bomb was in relation to the people in the photos.

i believe they were tucked under mailboxes

I actually think the 1st photo that you are referring to is Krystle, now that I am looking again. The shorts are similar and you can see a royal blue fabric around her left arm, which I think is her tshirt that has been mostly removed. I believe that this is why they are requesting that this photo be removed.

There are a few different photos of the 2nd gentleman, which are all equally as graphic.

In the photo of the female I'm talking about her shins were visible (actually both legs were visible/attached) and she was receiving medical treatment (ambu bag). She was not Krystal... I have seen that photo.

Also, the photo of the man I'm referring to is not the victim we have come to know as "Jeff".

Lots of people around here have pressure cookers, especially with the whole prepper movement going on. They are cheap too. Very cheap new, very cheap in thrift stores/second hand. Under $10 new.

Bomb building info has always been online, along with plenty of other unnecessary things to make. Even videos. Sigh.

Probably will need an ID to buy one now.

In the photo of the female I'm talking about her shins were visible (actually both legs were visible/attached) and she was receiving medical treatment (ambu bag). She was not Krystal... I have seen that photo.

Also, the photo of the man I'm referring to is not the victim we have come to know as "Jeff".

From what we've heard the 3rd victim is a man... so that woman on the stretcher likely survived.
The one in the wheelchair I believe also survived. He was older... 50's maybe?

i agree. if this is not a doctored photo this is obviously the 3rd fatality and not a child.

ETA. and if this is the 3rd fatality his condiotion may be why we have no positive ID yet. he appears to be a runner.

I absolutely don't even know what I am looking at on one of the photos linked. It doesn't appear to be a child either. It is a picture of someone in the road. I didn't think there were any injuries in the road? Is this possibly doctored? Strange that it is included with all other legit pictures. I did hear on CNN last night that the 2nd bombing was bigger and extended into the road. So unless this is from the 2nd bombing and we just have not seen put 1 or 2 from the second. I hope SO much it is doctored and absolutely not real.

I keep wondering why the perp waited so long to set off the bombs. Why not just do it when the first hundred were crossing the finish line. He was delayed for a reason, job, classes, arrival, too many witnesses, something.

It was timed perfectly-about 2 hours after the elite cross there is the maximum amount of runners being funneled into the finish line. There were at least 4K in that area at that moment. With them comes all of their loved ones who are there to cheer. After the initial spectators leave, all of the ordinary folks show up.

There was not a more opportune moment to injure the most amount of people.

I absolutely don't even know what I am looking at on one of the photos linked. It doesn't appear to be a child either. It is a picture of someone in the road. I didn't think there were any injuries in the road? Is this possibly doctored?

It definitely doesn't look "doctored" at all. I think it is absolutely a legit photo just not from the Boston Marathon.

In the photo of the female I'm talking about her shins were visible and she was receiving medical treatment (ambu bag). She was not Krystal... I have seen that photo.

I am familiar with the photos that you are referring to.

I now believe that Krystle's legs were still attached, but underneath her in the most graphic photo. Her left leg is bent up backwards underneath her. The sole left shoe is visible and is a Chucks style shoe sole. The leg is bent at the knee and her right shoe, showing a bit of teal, is visible just above where the denim is spread on her left leg. In the more clear photo, with the paramedic checking her pulse, you can see her right leg bent in the same angle. I believe that she was transported in an attempt to save her. I believe that she was still alive in those graphic photos.

ETA: Image link on stretcher... http://onpoint.wbur.org/files/2013/04/0416_marathon-trio.jpg
I do not have links to the graphic images, as they are no longer online, I don't believe.

The other photo of the older man in the wheelchair in the navy sweatshirt...there are more photos of him circulating, one of which is him lying on the ground. His sweatshirt is pulled up, so it is harder to see, and a man with camo is standing to the left in the photo with a man in tan pants standing to his right.

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/21/04/60/4475918/3/960x595.jpg

From what I am hearing about the bombs, they sound a lot like the IEDS I hear about from overseas. Anyone know if the triggers are similar?

If you have images, video, details, tweets, texts, postings regarding the bombings, please email the information to boston@ic.fbi.gov. No detail is too small.
You can also call 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324), prompt #3, with information.

If you are aware of anyone who was researching the marathon or home made bomb making, please email or call the tip line.

We can do this. We can help LE locate the folks responsible. We can give LE every bit of information so that they can bring in those responsible.

From what I am hearing about the bombs, they sound a lot like the IEDS I hear about from overseas. Anyone know if the triggers are similar?
Apparently it's 'construction' was similar to the Times Square bomb that was found and disarmed in May 2010.

My guess is that the bomber is a homegrown Islamic militant. I will also venture to guess that the Saudi national that we extensively discussed yesterday recognized the bomber or somehow has information about him/her hence the reason his hospital room is under guard.

I am familiar with the photos that you are referring to.

I now believe that Krystle's legs were still attached, but underneath her in the most graphic photo. Her left leg is bent up backwards underneath her. The sole left shoe is visible and is a Chucks style shoe sole. The leg is bent at the knee and her right shoe, showing a bit of teal, is visible just above where the denim is spread on her left leg. In the more clear photo, with the paramedic checking her pulse, you can see her right leg bent in the same angle. I believe that she was transported in an attempt to save her. I believe that she was still alive in those graphic photos.

ETA: Image link on stretcher... http://onpoint.wbur.org/files/2013/04/0416_marathon-trio.jpg
I do not have links to the graphic images, as they are no longer online, I don't believe.

The other photo of the older man in the wheelchair in the navy sweatshirt...there are more photos of him circulating, one of which is him lying on the ground. His sweatshirt is pulled up, so it is harder to see, and a man with camo is standing to the left in the photo with a man in tan pants standing to his right.

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/21/04/60/4475918/3/960x595.jpg

yes i believe you are correct about poor krystle.

cnn wolf blitzer showing photos of a bag right next to a mailbox. no link live now.

A pressure cooker? Just wondering how many posters have one... I remember my mother had one, which she used in canning, but I doubt there are many who can today - mostly freeze. Who has a pressure cooker?

By the way, you can easily go online and get directions to make a pressure cooker bomb. Directions incude wear gloves so as to not leave prints and glue shrapenel to the sides. Incredible.

Let's not start demonizing pressure cookers. I have a few of them, they are essential kitchen equipment for reducing cooking time if you prefer all kinds of homemade food to the chemical-laden garbage you get in the store, as well as canning which plenty of people still do - especially gardeners.

unrelated or possibly related! There was an envelope that was sent to senate. It tested positive for ricin!

Also a news agency in Boston may have captured a picture of the bomb

All per CNN

CNN has been so bad lately... Gonna go look for more sources on the ricin. Scary.

By the way, you can easily go online and get directions to make a pressure cooker bomb. Directions incude wear gloves so as to not leave prints and glue shrapenel to the sides. Incredible.

Of course I had to google it, apparently the instructions were featured 2 yeas ago in an online magazine called "Inspire" published by one of the Al Qaeda leaders. I assume it was published in Arabic and English? Or just Arabic?

The summer 2010 issue of Inspire featured several articles on what it called "the open-source Jihad," which instructed readers on how to make their own terrorist materials.

Awlaki, the magazine's founder, was killed in a U.S. drone strike in Yemen in 2011.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...zine-pressure-cooker-bomb-directions/2088109/

Apparently it's 'construction' was similar to the Times Square bomb that was found and disarmed in May 2010.

My guess is that the bomber is a homegrown Islamic militant. I will also venture to guess that the Saudi national that we extensively discussed yesterday recognized the bomber or somehow has information about him/her hence the reason his hospital room is under guard.

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/p...interest_in_boston_bombings_no_other_suspects

"He was never categorized as a suspect; he was a person of interest. My understanding is that he totally cooperated and that he is no longer a person of interest," Chambliss said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj