Explosion Boston Marathon #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we are back to two devices. This leads me to stick with my theory this is a homegrown incident and perp(s), unconnected with any wider/larger group. Whether its right-wing extremism or Islamic extremism, or some other "ism" altogether remains to be seen.

If it was a lone nutcase or two it may be very difficult to find them, it is possible no one else knows about their activities (and if the bombs were crude then they may not have had any expert help, they may have looked up how to build them on the interwebs). Eric Rudolph is a prime example.

MGH confirmed that small metal shrapnel was removed from victims-small metal balls and other shrapnel.

So are we talking pipe bombs packed with ball bearings and such?

Its odd, but I was wondering if the person or persons who did this had any beef with the Marathon itself. Or a physcial fit person being that this was a race (running) and most of the severe injuries were to lower bodies/legs. Like the bombs were planted to do the most damage to the lower body. Does that make sense ? Just had that thought.

Peliman I apologise, I'm on my phone and I keep hitting your name instead of the thread title. If you go to your profile it's going to look like I've been stalking you lol.

jawdrop.gif
Thank-you fruity, I'm old and haven't had my own personal stalker in a LONG time. You can stalk me any day. ;)

That's what it sounds like, believe...

I did see it confirmed somewhere that victims at B&W hosp did not show radioactive evidence on their bodies (I'm sure my terminology is incorrect, but hopefully you all KWIM.). Wish I could remember where I read that.

Jennifer Peter ‏@GlobeJenPeter 2m
Globe story, interview with roommate of Saudi national who was taken into custody yesterday. #marathon http://bo.st/10abJiQ

Thank you everyone for the updates. Wouldn't know anything without them.

I, too, feel this is a lone individual. Living in a city with these types of events (only not as large) I have heard many complaints and threats. When you have individuals barely making it, living in slum lord apartments, getting no sleep due to noise, rats, bugs, etc... people lose it. You add the noise of an event in a packed city to that, and the event becomes the target of sleepless years and no relief ever in sight. Fortunately, the threats here are simply steam valves and nothing as such has happened, as easy as it would be to happen. I've always wondered why these events were not held in the larger parks, away from residents of any sort.

Such a horrible tragedy. I pray the best for the survivors, the families of the deceased and survivors, and any traumatized. So very shocking and sad. I really don't think any of us knows what to say when something like this happens. :(

Listening to the trauma surgeon. He said there were pellets and "nail-like" objects. He said some people had upwards of 30 in their lower extremities.

His opinion is that they were in the bombs and not environmental. He later amended his statement and said "nails."

Chelsea Conaboy ‏@cconaboy 1m
MGH surgeon believes the bombs were packed with pellets or nails -- items meant to harm. Some have 30 or more in their body. #marathonbdc

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 1m
WCVB: Passengers removed from US Airways flight at Boston's Logan Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members