Explosion Boston Marathon #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No online manifesto, no one taking responsibility, so what then? A twisted ***head or a twisted duo?

Update from Boston.com:

Gov. Patrick: Visited Northeastern student named Victoria at Tufts New England Medical Center. She was scared, carried by a firefighter to the medical tent. There was a person who helped calm her down -- an Army sergeant, an Afghanistan vet. don't know if assigned to the medical tent or just jumped in to help. His name is Tyler. Showed her his own shrapnel wound from combat. Victoria wants to thank Tyler, so Tyler, please call 617.725.4000.

Could the person or people have stayed on the other side to watch the bombs go off and take photos or video? I have a feeling the person stayed to watch the carnage. Anyone who makes a bomb, to me, wants to see it go off. JMO

I think most bombers would be wanting to get the heck out of their asap, it isn't like a pyromaniac setting fires to watch them burn. The bombers crave the political fallout and news coverage of the event which they can see on TV at home.

I think most bombers would be wanting to get the heck out of their asap, it isn't like a pyromaniac setting fires to watch them burn. The bombers crave the political fallout and news coverage of the event which they can see on TV at home.

That's been pretty much standard for domestic bombers, hasn't it? Hit target, run and/or hole up somewhere. McVeigh, Rudolph, Kaczinski, etc.

True, but if the bomber is young and twisted and this isn't politically motivated at all, then I would expect that he would want to watch. JMO

Just want to apologize in a separate post for any odd typos that I dont catch and correct. I'm on mobile and the damn autocorrect makes me look like more of a fool than my own fat-finger typos do sometimes. :blush:

I know we've seen a lot of pictures, but there were two in particular... 1) a photo of a gal on a stretcher (she was wearing Converse "Chucks") and photo of a man in a wheelchair (wearing dark blue sweatshirt) blood on his face.... I've wondered about both of these people. I recently saw a request (from AP) asking that this 2nd photo (man in wheelchair) be pulled from websites.

i think thats due to the close timing of detonation 10/12 seconds the intent was for them to go off simultaneously but depending on the timer used (or bad timing of 2 perps) that didn't happen. if your intent was to cause serious carnage you'd have spaced the detonation say 5 minutes to get people to move away and towards the next devise.

True, but if the bomber is young and twisted and this isn't politically motivated at all, then I would expect that he would want to watch. JMO

boston is a hot bed for higher education. and with that comes a lot of politics.

Her leg is bent back underneath her body. You can see the bottom of her shoe right under her butt.

Very horrific.

That's her right leg. Her left one is gone. :( So horrifying.

At least it looks as though she went quickly. That may have been a blessing. All those others have to live and deal with it. :( :(

I did not enjoy seeing the pictures, but, honestly, if I hadn't looked I wouldn't understand just how bad this really is. How angering it is, how ****ing stupid and horrible it all really is.

:please::please::please:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/us/boston-heroes/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Prolly a repeat post, but an article detailing the efforts of first responders.

IMHO, after seeing the painfully graphic photos of the injured, I think the training and dedication of the first responders is the reason the death toll has not risen. The efforts of all those folks "on the ground" saved countless lives.

If anything positive can come out of this, it's the remarkable speed at which people reacted to help without concern for their own safety.

Info about third victim, from Boston.com:

One of the victims killed by blasts at the Boston Marathon on Monday has been identified as a Boston University graduate student. The student’s name has not been released, pending permission to do so from the family.

The student was one of three friends who watched the race near the finish line. Another of the three students, also a BU grad student, was injured and is in stable condition at Boston Medical Center.

Robert Hill, dean of Marsh Chapel, visited the injured student Monday evening and again yesterday afternoon. He reports that she underwent surgery on Monday and on Tuesday. “She is doing well,” says Hill. “She has her friends around her, and she will soon have family around her.”

The third BU student was unharmed.

I know we've seen a lot of pictures, but there were two in particular... 1) a photo of a gal on a stretcher (she was wearing Converse "Chucks") and photo of a man in a wheelchair (wearing dark blue sweatshirt) blood on his face.... I've wondered about both of these people. I recently saw a request (from AP) asking that this 2nd photo (man in wheelchair) be pulled from websites.

I actually think the 1st photo that you are referring to is Krystle, now that I am looking again. The shorts are similar and you can see a royal blue fabric around her left arm, which I think is her tshirt that has been mostly removed. I believe that this is why they are requesting that this photo be removed. ETA: Also, looking at the shoes on the more graphic images, they are the same color. I am certain that this is the same woman in all photos.

There are a few different photos of the 2nd gentleman, which are all equally as graphic.

I dont think the bomber(s) stuck around-they didnt have to. Almost every angle of the detonations was covered by the media and the carnage is available via www.

I hope LE is sourcing the photos.

I keep wondering why the perp waited so long to set off the bombs. Why not just do it when the first hundred were crossing the finish line. He was delayed for a reason, job, classes, arrival, too many witnesses, something.

I keep wondering why the perp waited so long to set off the bombs. Why not just do it when the first hundred were crossing the finish line. He was delayed for a reason, job, classes, arrival, too many witnesses, something.

well opportunity...guts... who knows. i always thought this about 9/11 as well. had they waited till 930am they would have killed scores more.

A pressure cooker? Just wondering how many posters have one... I remember my mother had one, which she used in canning, but I doubt there are many who can today - mostly freeze. Who has a pressure cooker?

By the way, you can easily go online and get directions to make a pressure cooker bomb. Directions incude wear gloves so as to not leave prints and glue shrapenel to the sides. Incredible.

Do they know where the bomb was placed in the 1st explosion? We have lots of pictures from the 1st explosion and there are severely injured people and then in between 2 groups of injured people there is a woman that looks totally unscathed. How absolutely crazy. Makes me wonder where exactly this bomb was in relation to the people in the photos.

A pressure cooker? Just wondering how many posters have one... I remember my mother had one, which she used in canning, but I doubt there are many who can today - mostly freeze. Who has a pressure cooker?

By the way, you can easily go online and get directions to make a pressure cooker bomb. Directions incude wear gloves so as to not leave prints and glue shrapenel to the sides. Incredible.

Lots of people around here have pressure cookers, especially with the whole prepper movement going on. They are cheap too. Very cheap new, very cheap in thrift stores/second hand. Under $10 new.

Bomb building info has always been online, along with plenty of other unnecessary things to make. Even videos. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missinginfo541