Explosion Boston Marathon #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This link says LE/FBI is not handing out photos to locals...

http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&external=2089677.proteus.fma

A federal law enforcement source told Fox News that investigators are looking for two men that are persons of interest in Monday's Boston Marathon terror attack and have distributed photos for "law enforcement eyes only."

The FBI is not sharing the photos with the public

springing off Kimberly125's post...

BBM-if LE isnt handing photos around, doesnt it seem a little strange that random sites are accusing these bystanders?

??? Wouldn't that be the same for any case.
Either FBI has someone in custody or they don't.

They're doing their jobs really well. I'm sure they're happy about now. If they tell major media to put the pictures of the "POI" out there.. then that means they definitely have nobody in custody. Strange they would cancel all the conferences today, especially minutes after announcing 8PM EST.

On the media they were saying "The FBI will have a short statement". In my mind, that means they were going to announce someone of interest they are questioning. Minutes later when canceled, I think it was a decision they made to not announce it and be sure by the morning.

I was just looking at the photo again of the "wanted men".

His backpack does NOT have the lighter grey stripe on the handles like the exploded bag. It can't be the same bag, IMO.

Anyone else see what I am seeing?

That is a storage mailbox used only by USPS. They will gather the mail from other mailboxes and put it in holding in those green ones (by key) and then someone comes and picks up the whole bundle of mail gathered. They have used them for a longtime...but not sure they are in use anymore.

I don't remember ever seeing a mailbox like that along that part of the street and I can't make it out clearly on my laptop screen...though just because I don't remember it doesn't mean it isn't there.

I was just looking at the photo again of the "wanted men".

His backpack does NOT have the lighter grey stripe on the handles like the exploded bag. It can't be the same bag, IMO.

Anyone else see what I am seeing?

Considering there is little of the exploded bag left, I am not convinced it had any stripes on the handles to begin with.

BBM-if LE isnt handing photos around, doesnt it seem a little strange that random sites are accusing these bystanders?

Sorry, I'm having a dense moment. What do you mean? xo

I don't see anything suspicoius about the guy who is running at all.
Other people are running too, not just him.

I think people are questioning him because he runs away from the area while jumping over injured folks. He doesn't stop to help. Some are surprised by that. Imoo

I'm looking at the fifth pic of those guys on imgur - this is purportedly them at th time of the explosion? The guy in blue clearly has his bag still (strap is visible), and hat guy looks like he is holding his backpack in front of him in his hands (which is exactly what I'd do in a tight crowd like that).

What am I missing? :waitasec:

I don't remember ever seeing a mailbox like that along that part of the street and I can't make it out clearly on my laptop screen...though just because I don't remember it doesn't mean it isn't there.

google earth 699 boylston st go to street view and you will see a blue and green usps boxes that are now gone.

google earth 699 boylston st go to street view and you will see a blue and green usps boxes that are now gone.

Okay, I've been looking at the wrong object. I was looking farther up the street.

Well, Fox just confirmed the image I posted of those two men ARE who they want. Blue track suit and black coat/backpack.

But if the spot they're standing in is truly the blast spot, how would they just set the bags down in that spot and walk away? They're in the middle of a crowd of people, so it would seem odd. It seems more likely that they set it against a wall or a barrier.

I'm thinking it would be easy. Sadly they could simply walk into the area, put down their backpacks, walk off and when they're out of range....set off the timer. Imoo

Well, Fox just confirmed the image I posted of those two men ARE who they want. Blue track suit and black coat/backpack.

Yes. I just saw that too.
The guy has seen the photos and said one guy had a white cap and dark clothes.
He said the other guy had a blue jumpsuit.

On Hannity describing clothing worn by terrorists/suspects one all dressed in black with white hat, other no hat blue athletic suit or jacket. Per photo shown them by LE.

FBI isn't passing around the photos but the media has seen them. Obviously some outlets aren't being as discreet as Rick Leventhal on Fox and they are running their pictures.

on cnn now
shows lady's brown purse
and other bag behind barrier
then picture
showing bag with brown purse on top of bag on other side (road side) of barrier
as if she moved the bags to make room for people....

I don't think this "package was the bomb" from these pictures.

GOOD work frostie. Someone last night posted about 2 guys but I couldn't find them. Lol there were a lot of people with black or dark backpacks. Imoo these 2 will be easily identified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member