Family battling Children’s Hospital to bring teen home for Christmas #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Miracle for Justina FB page wants everybody to make a nuisance of themselves and keep calling all the officials to tell them Justina should go home.

Because that's how a child's best interests are served, that lots of people who don't really know anything about the case waste the time of people who are trying to do their jobs. :waitasec:

I know darn well that it was said that Justina wasn't eating when first taken by ambulance in the snowstorm to the ER. There was a big deal over trying to get her to eat, which apparently she wasn't doing if the feeding tube ended up being inserted. If she gets worse again at home, can't get nutrients, begins to have trouble swallowing, etc. she could be seriously harmed with trying to swallow the vitamin cocktail and repeated feeding tubes stuck into her. What if that happens to her at the residential center that she's in now.

Thank you jaunty-girl. Like so many here, I just want to see that the best thing happens for Justina. I am bothered by a lot of the inaccuracies and out right falsehoods that are spread by the family and by their representatives - specifically the Liberty Counsel and Rev Mahoney. They are not just playing with Justina's future and medical care, they are interfering with the medical care of many other sick children.

I know darn well that it was said that Justina wasn't eating when first taken by ambulance in the snowstorm to the ER. There was a big deal over trying to get her to eat, which apparently she wasn't doing if the feeding tube ended up being inserted. If she gets worse again at home, can't get nutrients, begins to have trouble swallowing, etc. she could be seriously harmed with trying to swallow the vitamin cocktail and repeated feeding tubes stuck into her. What if that happens to her at the residential center that she's in now.

What would happen? The CT residential center would get her to a hospital immediately if her life was in danger. As the Framingham center would have. I agree that she could suffer serious harm at home if the family failed to respond properly to her situation, as they are not medical professionals and might not assess her condition correctly.

You are correct. One of the problems that prompted the Boston Children's Hospital visit was Linda's report of Justina's inability to swallow and her fear that Justina would choke on her own saliva. Linda demanded a "feeding tube" but the professionals at BCH believed that she should be given the opportunity to try to eat. Shortly thereafter, a temporary NG "feeding tube" was placed - either because Justina could not or would not eat. Without her medical records, it is impossible to know which. The parents do not know which either because they had already lost custody (temporarily at that point) so they were not being updated with medical information. It is not unusual to wait days or even a week before inserting a "feeding tube." Justina would have had an IV inserted in the ER so there was no chance of dehydration. Many nutrients can also go through an IV. It appears from the pictures that Justina is not currently on an NG tube. It may not be possible to tell from photographs if she had a different type of "feeding tube" like a JG tube.

If Justina were to have a relapse of her eating / swallowing issue at JRI, it would be treated there or at Tufts. I don't think that they will send Justina home until they are reasonably certain that she will not relapse or that if she does, the family can handle the medical needs.

An inability to eat is certainly a big deal. but it is not generally immediately life threatening.

Closed until someone has a chance to review this thread.

ETA: It appears this thread has run its course and is now closed unless there is new news to report. Please alert this post when that is the case.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...akes-tearful-plea-to-judge-asking-to-go-home/

Frankly, I find the video disturbing. It's inappropriate to use the child this way.
There is a legitimate appropriate way for that child to be heard by the judge and it's not through the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITA. That's just awful. I didn't realize she had cognitive issues in addition to the medical issues until now. Even more reason not to do such a thing....wow

jmo

That's awful. It feels like someone is behind the scenes getting her upset for "benefit" of the video.

What she needs is to NOT be stressed out, NOT be made more upset in what is already a difficult situation.

:furious:

Justina spoke clearly and without difficulty towards the end of the video, but not at the beginning. I would have thought it would be the other way around.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...akes-tearful-plea-to-judge-asking-to-go-home/

Frankly, I find the video disturbing. It's inappropriate to use the child this way.
There is a legitimate appropriate way for that child to be heard by the judge and it's not through the media.

I'm in complete agreement. They seem dead set on dealing with this case in the media, no matter what is in their child's best interest. I'm guessing they did this to garner more attention, as the media seemed to have lost interest.

I do find this information, from the story, interesting though.
"Justina was taken by ambulance to Boston Children's Hospital because she was in a wheelchair at the time and a heavy snowstorm was blanketing the region."
So she was in a wheelchair, before being admitted to BCH.

I couldn't find any information about who actually shot the video-would someone link the media indicating it was family? TIA.

The video was beyond inappropriate imvho. It isn't needed at this juncture-the judge will be ruling shortly, likely in favor of returning Justina back home to her family. Perhaps it was Justina's idea-in any case, it just felt very wrong to me.

I couldn't find any information about who actually shot the video-would someone link the media indicating it was family? TIA.

The video was beyond inappropriate imvho. It isn't needed at this juncture-the judge will be ruling shortly, likely in favor of returning Justina back home to her family. Perhaps it was Justina's idea-in any case, it just felt very wrong to me.

In the video on this page (at 46 seconds), Lou says Justina and her older sister made the video. He said it was a wonderful idea.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/please-let-me-go-home-teen-in-custody-dispute-begs-judge/26401286#

She sounded like she was becoming more agitated as the video went on. NOT good for her health and recovery, mental or physical.

The whole family, including the sisters, a boyfriend and Mom, Pop, and Grandma visited the Mystic Aquarium on Saturday. I wager that is where and when the 'plea' video was staged and shot and that everyone knew about it ahead of time.

Lou's comment on it in the WCVB report seems to me a misrepresentation.

Ibnora

I believe you are absolutely correct.

Same outfit

uhuhe5u5.jpg

I had the distinct feeling when watching the full video she was encouraged and trying to please someone off camera.

(Like the decision was all up to her and this video was the key to her coming coming home)
I dunno, it was just a sick in the pit of my stomach feeling I had while watching it.

It was obvious someone fed her the lines about the governor. ...cough cough...Lou. IMO

Gosh, it seems to me that EVEN if Lou knew "nothing" about the video until it was made and posted, he still should have been the PARENT who is about a week or so away from a court hearing to see if he can regain custody.

It seems to me he he could have had a lot of influence over whether that video remained posted and set to public.

It seems to me he could have refused interviews about the video, and expressed regret that Justina was again in the public for discussion.

It seems to me he could have apologized for their "youthful mistake", and asked for privacy as his family works toward reunification.

It seems he could have understood how provocative and spiteful and disrespectful it is to endorse this video as his custody hearing approaches.

It seems to me he is not only unable, but completely unwilling, STILL, to understand how his own behavior and conduct has affected his daughter's care and life, and still affects it.

It seems to me his goal it to continue the conflict, belligerence, and provocative behavior as long as he is breathing.

He is, IMO, DARING authorities to rule against him. He "wins" his game whether he gets custody or not. None of this is about his daughter, IMO.

It would be a fascinating psychopathic train wreck, if it weren't so profoundly sad for Justina. She's just a pawn in his game of Lou Against The Universe. IMO.

If ever I had any sympathy for the parents, this video has erased the last little vestiges of that.

They should just let her go home. I don't think she's at risk of death by going home, there's no indication of physical abuse or neglect, and she's old enough to make decisions about where she wants to live. I don't know why anybody would be upset by this. We're in America, we are free to say whatever we want.

They should just let her go home. I don't think she's at risk of death by going home, there's no indication of physical abuse or neglect, and she's old enough to make decisions about where she wants to live. I don't know why anybody would be upset by this. We're in America, we are free to say whatever we want.

I think the people who have said this upsets them, have stated very clearly why it does. No one said she shouldn't go home, that she can't make decisions about where she wants to live. The issue is that this video is unnecessary at this point and manipulative. It's just gross.

Sort of off topic, the whole freedom of speech bit, it doesn't mean what I think you think it means. But that's really not at issue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee