Family battling Children’s Hospital to bring teen home for Christmas #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the people who have said this upsets them, have stated very clearly why it does. No one said she shouldn't go home, that she can't make decisions about where she wants to live. The issue is that this video is unnecessary at this point and manipulative. It's just gross.

Sort of off topic, the whole freedom of speech bit, it doesn't mean what I think you think it means. But that's really not at issue here.

I know what freedom of speech is. I don't know if it's necessary or not, she's still not home.

They should just let her go home. I don't think she's at risk of death by going home, there's no indication of physical abuse or neglect, and she's old enough to make decisions about where she wants to live. I don't know why anybody would be upset by this. We're in America, we are free to say whatever we want.

Justina isn't legally old enough to make the choice.
Does she have a right to be heard, in court? ....absolutely. Ultimately...
The decision isn't hers to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Justina is empowering herself by providing her own voice...idk. It grieved me to see her and it seemed exploitive, however I think that there is no doubt in my mind that she has suffered terribly. Maybe it was cathartic for her to make her own plea if she has been voiceless up until this point.

I don't quite understand how she could seem to have trouble speaking and even moving her mouth, then suddenly speak clearly, even with her native accent towards the end of the video. It was like she completely changed. Very odd, imo.

I don't quite understand how she could seem to have trouble speaking and even moving her mouth, then suddenly speak clearly, even with her native accent towards the end of the video. It was like she completely changed. Very odd, imo.

I will say, she is looking way better in the recent photos on Facebook than she did early on. That leads me to believe whatever the treatment was up until this point, seems to be working.

Has she had one medical crisis that required hospitalization since Children's & child protective services has been involved? Is she eating on her own? She's looking very healthy.
All IMO

Maybe Justina is empowering herself by providing her own voice...idk. It grieved me to see her and it seemed exploitive, however I think that there is no doubt in my mind that she has suffered terribly. Maybe it was cathartic for her to make her own plea if she has been voiceless up until this point.

I totally agree, this child has suffered. If her parents weren't so stubborn her suffering would have been very brief, she would have been home over a year ago....IMO

I think the people who have said this upsets them, have stated very clearly why it does. No one said she shouldn't go home, that she can't make decisions about where she wants to live. The issue is that this video is unnecessary at this point and manipulative. It's just gross.

Sort of off topic, the whole freedom of speech bit, it doesn't mean what I think you think it means. But that's really not at issue here.

I would fight, manipulate, scream, scheme, lie, etc to get my child home.

JMO

I would fight, manipulate, scream, scheme, lie, etc to get my child home.

JMO

But if the powers to be see through the drama it may not be the best way to get your child home.

:cow:

Pelletier Lawyer Says Justina Could Be Going Home Soon
By SUZANNE CARLSON, scarlson@courant.com
5:18 pm, June 9, 2014

”A lawyer for the family of a West Hartford girl at the center of a controversial custody dispute said he's filing a motion Tuesday that could see the case resolved within days.”

"Staver said Monday that the Pelletiers' legal team would be filing a notice to expedite a judicial hearing that could allow Justina to "immediately go home" if a judge agrees."

http://touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80456989/

Pelletier Lawyer Says Justina Could Be Going Home Soon
By SUZANNE CARLSON, scarlson@courant.com
5:18 pm, June 9, 2014

”A lawyer for the family of a West Hartford girl at the center of a controversial custody dispute said he's filing a motion Tuesday that could see the case resolved within days.”

"Staver said Monday that the Pelletiers' legal team would be filing a notice to expedite a judicial hearing that could allow Justina to "immediately go home" if a judge agrees."

http://touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80456989/

Worth reading the whole story to get to Lou Being Lou again at the very end. This strange, strange man is totally unwilling to accept good news and seems almost to be trying to annoy the judge enough to screw up the whole release:

From the story:

Her family is now allowed daily visits. Pelletier said that Justina is not getting proper medical treatment and her health continues to deteriorate. Sunday, he said, she asked to make a videotaped statement asking to return to her family's home in West Hartford, which has been posted online.

Pelletier said Justina is "paralyzed below the hips," and is "mentally fading, she can barely talk." West Hartford school officials recently tested her grade level and she is "now anywhere between kindergarten and second grade," he said.

Did they send WH school officials up to Thompson to test her? I would like to know more about this....

Worth reading the whole story to get to Lou Being Lou again at the very end. This strange, strange man is totally unwilling to accept good news and seems almost to be trying to annoy the judge enough to screw up the whole release:

From the story:

Her family is now allowed daily visits. Pelletier said that Justina is not getting proper medical treatment and her health continues to deteriorate. Sunday, he said, she asked to make a videotaped statement asking to return to her family's home in West Hartford, which has been posted online.

Pelletier said Justina is "paralyzed below the hips," and is "mentally fading, she can barely talk." West Hartford school officials recently tested her grade level and she is "now anywhere between kindergarten and second grade," he said.

Did they send WH school officials up to Thompson to test her? I would like to know more about this....

If he admits she's doing well and he does what's been asked of him; Justina is gets to go home....Lou's platform disappears...so does the media attention..

Lou has a vested interest ( his own) in prolonging this.

IMO

West Hartford school officials recently tested her grade level and she is "now anywhere between kindergarten and second grade," he said.
This does not mean that she's going downhill because of BCH if we don't know what level she was before.

BBM
Then perhaps she should be re-hospitalized if this is true. They're certainly not capable of dealing with paralysis and mental ebbing at their home.

The 'powers that be'? IMO Therein lies the problem.

IMO the problem is ...Lou thinks he's a doctor....or a wanna be politician IMO

BBM

Then perhaps she should be re-hospitalized if this is true. They're certainly not capable of dealing with paralysis and mental ebbing at their home.

Well, when her parents made that trip in the snow storm, in the middle of the night, to Children's. She was having trouble speaking, eating, swallowing, and was already wheelchair bound and has previously required special ortho braces for her legs. We have seen her delays in the note Justina penned.

So was she fading fast & near death then, to hear her mother tell it...

According to her parents..nothing has actually changed..so it seems.
Yet in reality, she hasn't required hospitalization and she's eating. Looks like quite an improvement than when she resided with her parents. IMO

(keep in mind Justina had been hospitalized several days before her parents signed her out Against Medical Advice to bring home home for a few days before dragging her to Tufts...then in the middle of the night to Children's.)

Looks to me like attention seeking behavior and Justina is the pawn.

Did he say recently that Justina is paralyzed, can barely talk, and has the mind of a 5 year old? He making a case for somatoform disorder all on his own.

Did he say recently that Justina is paralyzed, can barely talk, and has the mind of a 5 year old? He making a case for somatoform disorder all on his own.

Especially if her placement isn't noticing the same;)

Really? Children's had treated her for it for many months and this is the result they get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3