Family battling Children’s Hospital to bring teen home for Christmas #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"What happened next was a "tragic nightmare" for Justina and her family, Moran told FoxNews.com.

Justina was taken by ambulance to Boston Children's Hospital because she was in a wheelchair at the time and a heavy snow storm was blanketing the region. Because she arrived by ambulance, she was taken directly into the hospital's emergency room, ..."

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/...-remain-in-custody-massachusetts-judge-rules/

More like she was in a wheelchair because she was transported by an ambulance. Her family says they did not even own a wheelchair when she was living at home.

More like she was in a wheelchair because she was transported by an ambulance. Her family says they did not even own a wheelchair when she was living at home.
Take it up with Lou's attorney. I didn't tell FoxNews, he did.

They also said she was near death, had blue legs, sepsis and tortured and harassed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the time the family said that, which included her sister, she was doing poorly. I don't believe her sisters would be part of something like you are suggesting. In fact, her sister Jennifer has been quite alarmed at her sister's condition and has spoken out about it. The family was not allowed any pertinent medical information about their loved one, have repeatedly said she had declined greatly since leaving their care. As they said, she was figure skating, attending to school, doing all the things young girls do. If they had been exacerbating her symptoms then she would have been home, and be sickly. The truth is, she was treated for her medical issues as they came up but encouraged to be active and live her life. I can agree that if it was only the parents who stated that she had/has the serious medical issues, it might be suspicious if we want to believe the medical professionals who insist that MPBP or Medical abuse is common. In this case, however, there is 3 adult females who know her well, her history and are alarmed at the condition she is in since being removed from her parents care.

The only disdain I see is for the obvious and gross exaggerations and histrionics employed by her father and the various political groups that have attached themselves to this poor girl's situation. Exaggerations like "torture", "near death", "dying", "medical experimentation", "fascists", "nazis", etc.

I think Lou has conducted himself very well, educated the public about Mito disease, and don't see his presentation as histrionics. As to who came forward to help is telling because it has been the conservative groups. Based on what Justina has reported to them about her treatment during her isolation, they felt she was being tortured mentally and maybe physically if they forced her to do things she wasn't capable of doing. Because they don't know the facts, with objective data, medical tests etc, as to her current health, and they have knowledge that Mito can lead to death, they voiced those concerns. The facts about those who "diagnosed" her with Somatoform are connected to that diagnosis by way of peer reviewed papers and funding from the NIH. Hence, that accusation, which fits in my opinion. <modsnip>

Was this girl in a wheelchair prior to becoming a ward of the state?

Yea, they do. Along with 10 or so other medical conditions. Oh, I can absolutely believe her cardiac and renal function may not be tested on a regular basis.

I hope you're right.

I hope you're correct, however, I'd never blindly trust the medical community to do the correct thing.

Just saying.

Hmmm...the disdain I see is from that particular medical facility toward a young woman and her family.

<modsnip>
Another year and Justina will be 21. :)

Jennifer said she did walk with assistance but the hospital put her in a wheelchair which is customary. They don't let any patient walk out of the hospital as you probably know. They are wheeled down to protect the hospital from liablilty in case of injury.

Distain for a child??? Have you even read my posts? I have nothing but sympathy for Justina. I had hoped her parents would have set aside their own needs for attention long enough to put her needs first.
Had they done that, Justina would have been HOME long long ago...

I have wanted nothing more than this child protected and her family to work their reunification plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From their perspective they were putting her needs first. What is true, is that most any removal of a child whether justified or not, last about 2 years on average. It is very hard to get a child back immediately after removal even if the parent is totally innocent. I do not think the policy or protocol in that instance is warranted and it should be changed. Most of these children end up in foster care, a few with family, and their lives are disrupted and harmed in many instances. It would not be in Justina's best interest for the state to make all decisions in her life, both medically and socially in my opinion. They have neglected her in those areas severely.

From their perspective they were putting her needs first. What is true, is that most any removal of a child whether justified or not, last about 2 years on average. It is very hard to get a child back immediately after removal even if the parent is totally innocent. I do not think the policy or protocol in that instance is warranted and it should be changed. Most of these children end up in foster care, a few with family, and their lives are disrupted and harmed in many instances. It would not be in Justina's best interest for the state to make all decisions in her life, both medically and socially in my opinion. They have neglected her in those areas severely.

It is over. The State placed the child's needs first, ahead of the parents which is exactly what the State is supposed to do. The State has done its job in protecting the child and will continue to do its job. To claim that the State should not be making decisions in Justina's life is a tad ridiculous because the state and the Judge have been doing just that for more than a year. She isn't neglected; court documents show she has had a medical team coordinating her care.

The State is not the enemy in Justina's case, or in Baby Veronica's case or in Sonya McCaul's case. There seems to be a pattern in blaming DCF.

just my opinion.

Justina is not in a foster care placement, she is in the custody of the state. If she has been neglected, the state requires proof. I think requiring proof is the way the child protective system has worked for more than 40 years but by all means, show me where I'm wrong. Thanks.

JMO

Yes, that's why I mentioned causes of swollen feet and legs, such as long car or plane rides, or sitting in a chair of any sort for long periods.

A young, fairly healthy person is not going to have fluid filled feet from long car rides, ect.

Multitudes of young people every year, drive 1000s of miles, stopping only to pee (after hours and hours and more hours of being packed in a vehicle like sardines in a can) during spring break.

edit to add....while peeing, they also change over drivers. LOL

If any of them end up with swollen feet, lower limbs, they'd better get themselves checked out.

BBM

Not her basic need to have free access to her family.

Second bold, I absolutely agree. No well thought out plan, just arrogant knee-jerk actions

A young, fairly healthy person is not going to have fluid filled feet from long car rides, ect.

Multitudes of young people every year, drive 1000s of miles, stopping only to pee (after hours and hours and more hours of being packed in a vehicle like sardines in a can) during spring break.

If any of them end up with swollen feet, lower limbs, they'd better get themselves checked out.

I was about 23, older than Justine, and in good health. We went to Padre Island and drove 12 hours over a period of a couple days, and my feet swelled. That was the only time it ever happened, except when pregnant of course.

I was about 23, older than Justine, and in good health. We went to Padre Island and drove 12 hours over a period of a couple days, and my feet swelled. That was the only time it ever happened, except when pregnant of course.

Wow. And that's over a couple days.

I have 4 (now) adult children, all who made trips, to the infamous daytona beach area, driving non-stop (only stopping to pee and change drivers) for 18 hours-23 hours. They were 20 and 21. No fluid filled anything, except when they reached their destination, and then I'm sure they filled themselves up with alcohol.

I guess my point being...Justine is NOT spending that amt of hours in a wheelchair, hopefully she's receiving proper PT on a daily basis (which would help with the fluid rentention) so I see no reason for her to have fluid retention anywhere unless...something else is going on with her.

We jst don't know. Nor are we likely to know...

edit to add....while peeing, they also change over drivers. LOL

This is completely false. Gravity alone will cause anyone, healthy or not, sitting or standing still in place for an extended period to have swollen feet or ankles, or to faint (in the case of standing still).

Wow. And that's over a couple days.

I have 4 (now) adult children, all who made trips, to the infamous daytona beach area, driving non-stop (only stopping to pee and change drivers) for 18 hours-23 hours. They were 20 and 21. No fluid filled anything, except when they reached their destination, and then I'm sure they filled themselves up with alcohol.

I guess my point being...Justine is NOT spending that amt of hours in a wheelchair, hopefully she's receiving proper PT on a daily basis (which would help with the fluid rentention) so I see no reason for her to have fluid retention anywhere unless...something else is going on with her.

We jst don't know. Nor are we likely to know...

She is receiving therapy. Lou calls it "torture". :rolleyes:

This is completely false. Gravity alone will cause anyone, healthy or not, sitting or standing still in place for an extended period to have swollen feet or ankles, or to faint (in the case of standing still).

BBM

What do you consider "extended period"?

It is over. The State placed the child's needs first, ahead of the parents which is exactly what the State is supposed to do. The State has done its job in protecting the child and will continue to do its job. To claim that the State should not be making decisions in Justina's life is a tad ridiculous because the state and the Judge have been doing just that for more than a year. She isn't neglected; court documents show she has had a medical team coordinating her care.

The State is not the enemy in Justina's case, or in Baby Veronica's case or in Sonya McCaul's case. There seems to be a pattern in blaming DCF.

just my opinion.

I don't get how the state can spend an hour or less with a child and know better than their parents who have been with her for her entire life.There is definitely a pattern of abuse on the part of DCF, they've had Justina in a psych ward for over a year. Who would want to be locked up for a year ?

BBM

Okay, not exactly conspiracy (well maybe lol), unable to come up with a more descriptive word...arrogance perhaps certainly superiority...my point being, governments (both federal and state) and agencies of governments, entities with self-interests have always and will continue to impose their agenda on the citizenary.

Just a few examples:

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...adoption-era-and-repair-its-devastation-65966

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/sterilize.html

http://www.americansc.org.uk/Online/brookman.htm

IMO, what happened to Justina and her family is inexcusable. I shudder when I think how many other families have/are going through the same thing. This should have never happened. :banghead:

I'm not getting your point. Justina's situation was triggered by the mandatory reporting by hospitals and doctors of suspected child abuse. Justina's doctors had reported it three times in two states. I think it is unrealistic to complain about something they were required by law to do.

All of your links are about Native Americans and decades of unfairness across the board. I'm not sure why that matters. No matter race, religion, gender, age, etc., a hospital and physicians are required by law to report suspected abuse.

JMO

just my opinion.

I am not familiar with the other cases you sited but I have followed this case closely and it should never have happened, imo. Thousands of people in our country agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne