Family battling Children’s Hospital to bring teen home for Christmas #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents never claimed they complied with BCH's demand to treat her for somatoform. They wanted to take her out of BCH and into Tufts.

So I presume the guards were there to prevent parents from doing just that.

There seems to be far too much "presuming" in this case that defies all logic and known facts & evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Miracle page, they are protesting today at:

"Free Justina Pelletier Protest at Massachusetts DCF"
Wednesday, May 28 at 12:00pm in EDT

Rev Pat is running late due to traffic.

I wonder if Dr P Bharani will be there?

They should have been allowed to take their child back to Tufts in the first place and none of this would have happened. Maybe it isn't the same as yours or others but still there was no reason for it to happen in my opinion. I do not believe they should bow down to these people who overstepped the boundary. Although, they did for 9 months. Also, they have lawyers who are counseling them to do exactly what they are doing.

IMO they sought treatment out of their state because red flags were already noted in their state.

They should have been allowed to take their child back to Tufts in the first place and none of this would have happened. Maybe it isn't the same as yours or others but still there was no reason for it to happen in my opinion. I do not believe they should bow down to these people who overstepped the boundary. Although, they did for 9 months. Also, they have lawyers who are counseling them to do exactly what they are doing.

Lawyers have no business directing medical care.
Can you please provide the links I've previously asked for as well as the link stating the parents were following their lawyers directives.

According to Miracle page, they are protesting today at:

"Free Justina Pelletier Protest at Massachusetts DCF"

Wednesday, May 28 at 12:00pm in EDT

Rev Pat is running late due to traffic.

I wonder if Dr P Bharani will be there?

Well it's freezing here today, so I predict an even lower turnout than usual. :crazy:

Her parents went as far as to claim they had witnesses to this abuse...made more threats of yet even more lawsuits.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/25...side-state-facility-housing-justina-pelletier

The Pelletiers told FOX 25’s Crystal Haynes that they're prepared to take the facility itself to court.

“We have witnesses and they will be taken to court and the full extent of the law will incur on them,” said Lou Pelletier, Justina’s father. “Just like DCF, just like Boston Children’s, any state employee. Any state employee that has done harm; has witnessed harm is as much a part of the problem as anybody else.”

Wayside denied any misconduct. In a statement to FOX 25, a spokesperson for the facility stated that “Wayside is confident that all the care we provide is appropriate and meets the medical and mental health needs of the young people under our supervision. We strongly deny any allegations of abuse and believe that any third party review of our care would support this position.”

But Linda Pelletier, Justina’s mother, said Justina isn’t making it up.

“My daughter has never lied in her life. She's petrified. And I have inside sources,” Linda said. “People have come forward and seen it with their own eyes. So if they want to fight that they can go to court.”

I am looking forward to the lawsuits and witnesses. That is another aspect of this case. They have been contacted by many people and the priority at this time is getting Justina home and then the facts will come out, hopefully.

Parents never claimed they complied with BCH's demand to treat her for somatoform. They wanted to take her out of BCH and into Tufts.
So I presume the guards were there to prevent parents from doing just that.

I kind of doubt that because I don't believe that Tufts would have agreed to treat a child that was kidnapped from DCF custody. Wouldn't Tufts have been in all manner of trouble for doing that?

But no lawsuit has been filed, has it? Just more bluster from the family, I fear. I am surprised, if they really truly believed Justina was being physically harmed, that they did not call 911 or immediately file some kind of suit.

They called the police at BCH when they took custody of Justina. They do believe that and that is why they have been so vocal. What about the sisters? They are 3 adults. They see and say the same things as the parents. This is a very solid family. Parents have been married for years, no divorce, the girls adore them and genuinely love each other. They seem to be the perfect family. There problem is that they have two sick daughters and they did everything they could to get them the medical care they need and this happens. Of course, they are outraged. They are telling the truth when they say it can happen to any of us. And it shouldn't be allowed to happen, imo.

Their situation is NOTHING like ours and NOTHING like anything I have ever had the displeasure to witness. Early in this confrontation - June I think - Tufts DECLINED to review and take over this case. Bay State medical declined as well. That was an effective strategy for another family in a dispute with DCF involving medical abuse concerns filed by BCH. Perhaps Tufts is not quite as solidly in the Pelletier camp as the family portrays? Or maybe the parents are just that obnoxious to teal with?

The funds being so low, don't you feel the least bit curious why the armed guards were thought necessary? Normally parents who comply do not need armed supervision on their visitation and DCF doesn't want to pay for it just for the heck of it. So did they hire the guards at great cost just to annoy Justina and her parents for no reason at all? Or did the parents "comply" in such an aggressive manner that it was thought necessary for safety?

I think it was intimidation. It might also be that they were afraid that they would try to take her out of the hospital/facility though it is doubtful. That couldn't happen very easily, there are security guards there.

Closed until moderators have a chance to review possible issues.

Mod note: Thread is open but please be sure to:

* link when making statements of fact
* stay on the topic of the thread
* keep politics out of the discussion as we have a designated area for that topic

Early in this confrontation - June I think - Tufts DECLINED to review and take over this case. Bay State medical declined as well. That was an effective strategy for another family in a dispute with DCF involving medical abuse concerns filed by BCH.

I was incorrect, this happened prior to June 2013:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...l-uncertain/Y7qvYTGsq8QklkxUZvuUgP/story.html

"Still, for the family, not all the news out of Children’s was bad. The most encouraging sign had come in May.....A three-person hospital ethics committee, convened at the request of the Pelletiers issued a decidedly measured report on Justina’s case. ....As for its recommendation that Justina’s case be reviewed by doctors outside Children’s, previous efforts to do that — first at Tufts, then at Baystate in Springfield — had already fizzled."

I am looking forward to the lawsuits and witnesses. That is another aspect of this case. They have been contacted by many people and the priority at this time is getting Justina home and then the facts will come out, hopefully.

Many people? I guess I didn't realize there are all that many people who are supportive of parents who lose custody of their children because of their negligence or abuse. I can't imagine any of these fans are actually taxpayers footing the bill.

What legal basis do they have for a lawsuit and against whom? The only route I'm aware of that one can challenge a Judge is to file an appeal. I think this family should be grateful the state has been willing to work with them. Their antagonistic behavior and incredibly childish rhetoric has convinced me beyond all doubt that the state did the right thing.

JMO

They called the police at BCH when they took custody of Justina. They do believe that and that is why they have been so vocal. What about the sisters? They are 3 adults. They see and say the same things as the parents. This is a very solid family. Parents have been married for years, no divorce, the girls adore them and genuinely love each other. They seem to be the perfect family. There problem is that they have two sick daughters and they did everything they could to get them the medical care they need and this happens. Of course, they are outraged. They are telling the truth when they say it can happen to any of us. And it shouldn't be allowed to happen, imo.

It seems to me that the perfect family is only in the eye of the beholder. I can certainly see some indicators of possible problems here. Being married for years is no guarantee of anything except married state and if we don't know them personally however could we possibly tell that they adore and genuinely love each other and are a very solid family?

I think it was intimidation. It might also be that they were afraid that they would try to take her out of the hospital/facility though it is doubtful. That couldn't happen very easily, there are security guards there.

Why on earth does DCF want to intimidate this perfect, solid family who love each other so much?

But I was referring to their much more recent claims that Justina was harassed at the Framingham facility and had her teeth broken. No one has reported any calls to the police about those allegations, which are very serious charges. If her teeth are broken, that would be easy to verify.

The daughters do support the parents, and at least one still lives at home, but that proves nothing one way or the other about the truthfulness of the claims.

Here's a thought. If the daughters are adults, couldn't they petition for custody?

Julia just turned 20. She is a full time college student and she lives at home. It is doubtful she would be awarded custody.

Jennifer is approximately 22 or 23. She is an ice skating instructor and competitor. It is not clear if she lives at home or on her own, but she has been a strong and vocal critic of DCF, BCH, the somatoaform diagnosis, etc. It is doubtful she would be awarded custody.

Jessica is 25. She reportedly works with/for her father. It is said that she has the same medical issues as her sister. She is the sister they point to saying that she has Mito. I don't know the current status of her health, but in the few interviews she has participated in, her speech is significantly slurred. She has been an active participant in the protest rallies and "free Justina" movement. In the press conference after HHS released the reunification plan, she appeared to be significantly agitated with her mother attempting to calm her down. It is unlikely she would be awarded custody.

The grandmother is in her 80's or 90's and lives with the family. It is unlikely she would be awarded custody.

I can't recall any other family members being mentioned in the media.

Julia just turned 20. She is a full time college student and she lives at home. It is doubtful she would be awarded custody.

Jennifer is approximately 22 or 23. She is an ice skating instructor and competitor. It is not clear if she lives at home or on her own, but she has been a strong and vocal critic of DCF, BCH, the somatoaform diagnosis, etc. It is doubtful she would be awarded custody.

Jessica is 25. She reportedly works with/for her father. It is said that she has the same medical issues as her sister. She is the sister they point to saying that she has Mito. I don't know the current status of her health, but in the few interviews she has participated in, her speech is significantly slurred. She has been an active participant in the protest rallies and "free Justina" movement. In the press conference after HHS released the reunification plan, she appeared to be significantly agitated with her mother attempting to calm her down. It is unlikely she would be awarded custody.

The grandmother is in her 80's or 90's and lives with the family. It is unlikely she would be awarded custody.

I can't recall any other family members being mentioned in the media.

Works with or for her father???
Someone please tell me what Lou does for employment?
When did he last work?

Seems they may live off SSI benefits and donations they've solicited.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members