Family battling Children’s Hospital to bring teen home for Christmas #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO and I could be wrong but since the attorney who has spoken for the family was complaining that a "key doctor" wasn't allowed to see Justina as often as he'd have liked, it doesn't sound like Dr. Korson is the be all and end all of the new Tufts care plan. It was reported that there will be a team that takes care of her.

I expect that even without previous psychiatric disorder some family therapy might be in order after a year and a half of your parents telling everybody that you're being tortured and may die any minute now.

Attorney Mat Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, said Monday that the reunification plan was “a baby step in the right direction,” but court actions on behalf of the parents would continue.

Already, there have been troubling disclosures in the new plan, said Mr. Staver. A key doctor at Tufts Medical Center has requested to see Justina “every two weeks,” but has been told he may see her “every two months,” he said.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...fare-battle-be-moved-closer-ho/#ixzz3104j9L3C
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...fare-battle-be-moved-closer-ho/#ixzz33CHREmcn
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Here is another case that sounds very similar to Justina's, involving BCH, bader 5,and forced treatment that failed, according to the lawsuit field by the parents.

"A Walpole couple have filed a federal lawsuit accusing the Department of Children and Families of illegally doing the bidding of doctors at Boston’s Children’s Hospital, which the suit alleges threatened to strip the mother and 
father of their parental rights if their daughter was not committed to the hospital’s mental facility."

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/05/suit_says_dcf_violated_parents_rights

http://news.gnom.es/pr/personhood-u...motion-calling-for-justinas-immediate-release

"- Lawyers for the Pelletier family will file a new motion tomorrow, noting the change in circumstances resulting from Justina's transfer to Connecticut
and requesting an immediate return of Justina to
the Pelletiers' competent custody and care.

The motion will be filed on May 30 at 1:00 P.M. at the Edward W. Brooke Courthouse on 24 New Chardon Street, Boston. Liberty Counsel, which is representing the Pelletier family, and Rev. Patrick Mahoney, family spokesperson, will hold a news conference in front of the court at 1:30 P.M. after the filing.

Lou and Linda Pelletier, the parents of Justina, will be meeting with the Tufts medical team and DCF on Friday morning to complete the final element of the DCF reunification plan. "

I hope the meeting with the Tufts medical team and DCF goes well. I think they are oversimplifying by saying that this meeting "completes" the DCF reunification plan. I believe that just one of the elements in the plan was to FOLLOW the Tufts medical care plan - not just to meet once about it. According to the Pelletiers, this is their first meeting with the Tufts team and up until now they have not been enlightened as to what "the plan" is. Patience in following through the plan would be beneficial.

*edited to add - I believe that their meeting with the Tufts team and DCF started at 9:40 this morning.*

Rev Mahoney reports on his twitter that the Pelletiers had a successful meeting with Tufts Medical Team this morning and will be filing a motion for Justina's release today at 1 PM EDT.

And, of course we already know of a press conference at 1:30 EDT.

So she's going home ?

Hope so...

If convincing the DCF of their cooperation is as easy as a couple of weeks of playing it nice in a facility Justina could have been home in June or July 2013 if Lou had got his act together for her.

Depends on the judge.

I hope the parents were reasonable and cooperative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what the outcome of their meeting was, as none of the major media sites in Boston (print, web or TV/Radio) or the Hartford Courant have posted anything at all. Several of the conservative websites posted earlier today that the meeting would happen, but even they have no results yet and nothing indicating that any official statement has been made or that a press conference actually happened at 1:30 pm.

So either they are still talking or the media is losing interest in this case.

Hope so...

If convincing the DCF of their cooperation is as easy as a couple of weeks of playing it nice in a facility Justina could have been home in June or July 2013 if Lou had got his act together for her.

So if DCF takes your child for no apparent reason, you have to play nice?
Doesn't that just make it easy for them to take the next child for no apparent reason?
Also, I am not so sure DCF itself was willing to play nice until all the attention it got for this case.

Doesn't that just make it easy for them to take the next child for no apparent reason?
Also, I am not so sure DCF itself was willing to play nice until all the attention it got for this case.

If DCF takes my child for no apparent reason, I am going to do whatever it takes to get him back, whether I like it or not. Usually it takes cooperation, the appearance of sanity and the ability not to erupt in aggressive tantrums when dealing with the case workers.

They were about to move Justina in a facility in Connecticut last June and all this could have happened then.

I tend to think that DCF was probably less willing or able to play nice due to the attention, all the abuse and torture allegations.

In the law's eyes, there was apparent reason. And yes, you do have to play nice. For example, if your child was arrested, and you knew for sure she was innocent, you still cannot go into the police station or into the courtroom and act any way you wish. You would be arrested for breach of peace or worse. You have to allow the process to play out. That's the way the legal system and the court system work.

There is a Liberty Counsel YouTube video that explains what happened today:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cy1eVtJvoI&feature=youtu.be

Simply put, she won't be going home today. The judge wants to give the other sides (DCF and Justina's attorney (and possibly one more?) a chance to respond within 2 weeks then would require a hearing. Liberty says they all agree so let's just do it now. Mahoney to meet with Palonowisz (spl) on Monday.

There is already a hearing scheduled for June 20th, so maybe it will still go until then.

5 minute video you can watch.

There is a Liberty Counsel YouTube video that explains what happened today:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cy1eVtJvoI&feature=youtu.be

Simply put, she won't be going home today. The judge wants to give the other sides (DCF and Justina's attorney (and possibly one more?) a chance to respond within 2 weeks then would require a hearing. Liberty says they all agree so let's just do it now. Mahoney to meet with Palonowisz (spl) on Monday.

There is already a hearing scheduled for June 20th, so maybe it will still go until then.

5 minute video you can watch.

I detect some spin and impatience ...

I am however thrilled that Lou left his bullhorn and rhetoric at home. Seems like a huge step in the right direction.

It amuses me that in order to meet the 'orders', the Pelletiers apparently went to some kind of counseling with Hokansen, the psychologist for Justina who saw her for years and years and years. Very convenient.

It amuses me that in order to meet the 'orders', the Pelletiers apparently went to some kind of counseling with Hokansen, the psychologist for Justina who saw her for years and years and years. Very convenient.

The fact that he saw Justina for years and years is bad somehow? I thought doctor shopping was bad. But apparently it's the other way around-going to the same doctor for years and yeas is bad.
Which one is it, actually?

The fact that he saw Justina for years and years is bad somehow? I thought doctor shopping was bad. But apparently it's the other way around-going to the same doctor for years and yeas is bad.

Which one is it, actually?

It doesn't matter to me where or who provides counseling to the parents. What matters is they focus on their daughter and getting her home by consistently doing what's been asked of them.

DCF can't just stick her wherever they want - the facility has to agree to accept the patient.

In this case they did not choose to accept her as a patient because of Lous threats and tantrums.

I think at that time Lou was under the wrong assumption that Justina would be returned home and that was his first reaction when he learned they planned to keep her and put her in a facility. Later, he did change his mind, and I think that the facility said they couldn't abide by the conditions of the DCF.

I think at that time Lou was under the wrong assumption that Justina would be returned home and that was his first reaction when he learned they planned to keep her and put her in a facility. Later, he did change his mind, and I think that the facility said they couldn't abide by the conditions of the DCF.

The facility declined to take Justina because of the looming threat of a lawsuit. Lou threatened to sue them and as a result, they opted not to get involved with his family.

BBM. No, that's not quite right.

DCF removed her from custody because "something" (and we don't know the whole story) was going on that put Justina's health and safety at immediate risk. Once that happened, the parents were not "free" to sign her out AMA from BCH to go to Tufts, which is what Lou wanted to do when the security guards showed up manning the doors in the patient unit. He was not free to take her out of the hospital at that time. He still doesn't understand that, IMO. It had nothing to do with Tufts. It had everything to do with Justina's health and safety in his custody. That's what the court order was about--not Tufts.

Child protection teams are supposed to have their own medical teams. Boston DCF does not but uses or relies on BCH. The judge on this case, who works with DCF and cases of child abuse, use to work as an attorney for BCH, and they supposedly helped get him into his position. That is another conflict of interest issue in this case. I still believe this initially came about because a zealous psychologist misjudged the situation because of her own bias and interest in Somatorform. Things snowballed from there because all authorities in this case are tied in some way to BCH. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3