Family battling Children’s Hospital to bring teen home for Christmas #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Justina be one the show or just her parents? TIA
Well, I don't know for sure but the raise money for miracles site says:
"Watch Hannity on Fox News at 10pm (check your listings).. on our way to NYC!!! #freejustina"

"Watch Hannity on Fox News at 10pm (check your listings).. on our way to NYC!!! #freejustina"

Thank you. Guess we will know in a few hours.

The court has since ordered a new plan to have Justina's former doctor, Mark Korson of Tufts Medical Center, treat her for "persistent and severe somatic symptom disorder," a condition that acknowledges psychiatric as well as physical illness.

Tufts Medical Center spokeswoman Julie Jette confirmed that Justina was receiving care under Korson, but said “beyond that, we are not discussing her case.”

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/justin...cal-custody/story?id=24191396&singlePage=true

BBM
So Korson has agreed to treat her for somatoform? (spell?)

I sincerely hope that Justina does NOT feel like she has to slur her words, not put weight on her limbs, and not think well just to satisfy accusations of what the hospital "did to her".

From the mouth of Justina. An exclusive interview with Justina herself that lasts abotu 15 minutes.

http://foxct.com/2014/06/18/justina-pelletier-leaves-facility-for-family-home-in-west-hartford/

I had to stop watching it because of my emotion. That poor girl. We see her go from genuine elation to being home with her family to obvious trauma in remembering her ordeal. She is telling the truth. They were mean to her, left her isolated, laughed at her. How evil.

The court has since ordered a new plan to have Justina's former doctor, Mark Korson of Tufts Medical Center, treat her for "persistent and severe somatic symptom disorder," a condition that acknowledges psychiatric as well as physical illness.

Tufts Medical Center spokeswoman Julie Jette confirmed that Justina was receiving care under Korson, but said “beyond that, we are not discussing her case.”

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/justin...cal-custody/story?id=24191396&singlePage=true

BBM
So Korson has agreed to treat her for somatoform? (spell?)

That is preposterous that a judge can order a doctor to treat her for anything. But we have been told that he also released her without conditions to her parents. I am sure she will need counseling for PTSD because of her ordeal these past 16 months.

Colored me surprised... not.

Justina said she wants to help other people, she doesn't want for anyone to have to go through what she did. She has every right to be an activist. She is older enough. She has a story, and she will tell it. Good.

I don't know how anyone can listen to Justina tell her story, including the critics, and not feel for her. She was abused mentally and emotionally by professionals. There is no doubt based on the facts she presented. How horrible, and that should be illegal.

I had to stop watching it because of my emotion. That poor girl. We see her go from genuine elation to being home with her family to obvious trauma in remembering her ordeal. She is telling the truth. They were mean to her, left her isolated, laughed at her. How evil.

With all due respect she is still a psych patient. Whatever she says should be taken with a grain of salt.

Mark Korson of Tufts Medical Center, treat her for "persistent and severe somatic symptom disorder," a condition that acknowledges psychiatric as well as physical illness.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/justina...inglePage=true

With all due respect she is still a psych patient. Whatever she says should be taken with a grain of salt.

Mark Korson of Tufts Medical Center, treat her for "persistent and severe somatic symptom disorder," a condition that acknowledges psychiatric as well as physical illness.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/justina...inglePage=true

I get an error on that link...
I'm really surprised though at the venomous response that I see towards this young girl and her family.

http://abc7.com/news/sick-teen-heading-home-after-medical-custody-battle/121733/
Lou Pelletier said the family would "stick for now with" Tufts doctors, but would also "keep our options open." He said his top priority since the ruling is to get Justina in physical therapy, which he claims she never received at JRI.

"She hasn't had that and at some point, we need to do a full reevaluation medically," he said. "We need to find out what the damage is that has been done to her. She has been like a prisoner of war for 16 months."

From the mouth of Justina. An exclusive interview with Justina herself that lasts abotu 15 minutes.

http://foxct.com/2014/06/18/justina-pelletier-leaves-facility-for-family-home-in-west-hartford/

Justina's statements about the alleged "abuse" are just that, statements. You can't possibly know that she is telling the truth unless you were present in the hospital during the incidents she is "describing." They are not necessarily facts. A number of her sentences were unfinished - as if she either thought better of saying what she planned or forgot what she was supposed to say. Just like the note that was "smuggled" out earlier this year, her complaints sound like a little girl whining about PT and OT being hard. Well useful PT and OT are hard. Regaining lost muscle strength and movement are difficult intensive processes. Not providing appropriate PT and OT - and the possibility of recovery - would be evil.

The biggest problem I had watching this video clip was the outraged interruptions from my chronically ill teenaged child. My teen has been hospitalized at Boston Children's and has undergone intensive PT and OT with some of the same therapists that worked with Justina. (We know this based on where else they work in the hospital not based on any breech of confidentiality.) They are not evil people. They are not cruel individuals prone to mocking sick and injured children. The idea that the Pelletier parents, and now Justina, have brought forward that BCH employes singled her out to abuse, harass, and embarrass her is simply ridiculous. My kid's response: "what a load of #%£* !!"

Just My Opinion
And of course my kid's

Good grief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh good lord. Lou is on Hannity claiming that hospitals have figured out that if someone is a ward of the state, they can do medical research on them. Apparently implying that's why the hey "wanted" Justina? They have claimed this before but don't they have competent attorneys to explain to them that the statutes do not say that? The statutes allow wards of the state to participate in medical research without discrimination - in other words they are not tossed out because of their status. The man has officially lost it In My Opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx