Family battling Children’s Hospital to bring teen home for Christmas

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe this! If there was something the parents are not doing, or doing wrong, why don't the powers that be say just what it is?....my feeling is that BCH, DCFS, Mass Judge, etc. have gone too far and are doing this to cover their a$$e$. What is the big secret that Mass and BCH 'can't' tell? The gag order is off the table. Are they afraid of being sued if they have to backtrack, and say they were wrong?

I feel so bad for this family. They are really getting the shaft! All those who are preventing Justina from being reunited with her family better hope that she stays alive until she reached 18 and can make her own decisions, cuz if she dies, and I was her parent, I'd sue everyone involved.

I can't believe this! If there was something the parents are not doing, or doing wrong, why don't the powers that be say just what it is?....my feeling is that BCH, DCFS, Mass Judge, etc. have gone too far and are doing this to cover their a$$e$. What is the big secret that Mass and BCH 'can't' tell? The gag order is off the table. Are they afraid of being sued if they have to backtrack, and say they were wrong?

I feel so bad for this family. They are really getting the shaft! All those who are preventing Justina from being reunited with her family better hope that she stays alive until she reached 18 and can make her own decisions, cuz if she dies, and I was her parent, I'd sue everyone involved.

HIPPA and confidentiality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I have no idea as to why somatoform disorder makes any more sense than mitochondrial disease. Whatever Children's have been treating her for doesn't seem to be working.
Per what family said she is not in good shape.

Deleted, musta posted in the wrong thread cause my comment made absolutely no sense.

Sorry

Actually you were responding to my post which was deleted. I am not sure why.
There were photos in the link of Justina's current condition.

Actually you were responding to my post which was deleted. I am not sure why.

There were photos in the link of Justina's current condition.

Oooooh ! Now I remember!

....never mind...returning to regularly scheduled posting... Carry on:)

The powers that be can't say because of federal privacy regulations. I'm suspicious of any parent who claims they are acting in the best interest of the child when the child's best interest clearly resides with physicians. This child suffers from a genetic disorder. Her parents aren't experts in the treatment.

The powers that be can't say because of federal privacy regulations. I'm suspicious of any parent who claims they are acting in the best interest of the child when the child's best interest clearly resides with physicians. This child suffers from a genetic disorder. Her parents aren't experts in the treatment.

What genetic disorder? Children's claim that child suffers from mental disorder, that all her problems are caused by a mental condition instead of genetic condition.

So according to point number 7 under Efforts, when CT finally got around to responding, they too found the parents to be in neglect of Justina, and said returning her home would be inappropriate.

It seems the court has done everything possible to return Justina to CT at least, if not to her parents' home. The CT court gives the impression of not wanting to get involved in the case. I'm glad that despite the attempts by certain groups to turn this into a national circus, the Mass court continues to act in *Justina's* interest when her own home state doesn't want to do ANYthing.

Well, that's very sad. Whatever the truth about the medical situation is, the parents aren't really helping Justina to get any closer to home. It sounds like they're too tightly locked in an adversarial state of mind and unable to get past the anger issues to work constructively toward the goal. I understand they have reasons to be angry but if you go around abusing and threatening people who are just doing their jobs it doesn't really make them any more likely to be convinced that you're a good person who knows what he's doing and who can be trusted to act like an adult in a difficult situation. Are they getting any counseling or just various political hangers-on egging them on in the anger?

So according to point number 7 under Efforts, when CT finally got around to responding, they too found the parents to be in neglect of Justina, and said returning her home would be inappropriate.

And yet CT DCF is refusing to get involved with Justina's care from what the judge is claiming.
Funny that.

It seems the court has done everything possible to return Justina to CT at least, if not to her parents' home. The CT court gives the impression of not wanting to get involved in the case. I'm glad that despite the attempts by certain groups to turn this into a national circus, the Mass court continues to act in *Justina's* interest when her own home state doesn't want to do ANYthing.

How is that in her best interest? Have you seen the latest photos (which do appear in msm) of her? She looks horrible.

Thanks! That document pretty much says it all.

To me it says that parents aren't jumping through hoops DCF wants them to jump through when it took their child for no apparent reason, except Children's hospital diagnosis of a mental condition instead of a physical one. Parents not playing nice as they apparently supposed to. By the way DCF can only keep her until she turns 18 so in two years they will have to release her. Assuming she lives that long while in their custody.

Yes, of course, because we are running a killing factory up here in Mass, state sanctioned. :rolleyes:

It couldn't be because the judge, DCF, the GAL and the state of CT all found good reason for her not to go home, and that the parents were being neglectful in her care.

Yes, of course, because we are running a killing factory up here in Mass, state sanctioned. :rolleyes:

It couldn't be because the judge, DCF, the GAL and the state of CT all found good reason for her not to go home, and that the parents were being neglectful in her care.

What were the parents neglectful about? I haven't seen a single example in judge's ruling or anywhere else. Unless you think treating her for mitochondrial disease instead of claiming it's all in her head is neglect. Even though doctors diagnosed her with mitochondrial disorder. Instead judge claims parents were rude to DCF workers.

To me it says that parents aren't jumping through hoops DCF wants them to jump through when it took their child for no apparent reason, except Children's hospital diagnosis of a mental condition instead of a physical one. Parents not playing nice as they apparently supposed to. By the way DCF can only keep her until she turns 18 so in two years they will have to release her. Assuming she lives that long while in their custody.

IMO If a finding she is a danger to herself, she could remain under their care well past the age of 18.

As I said above, it's time for the parents to decide whether they want to be right or they want their daughter back. If they want her back, they need to follow the court & DCF's recommendations and instruct their daughter to do the same.

They can not win this. IMO

IMO If a finding she is a danger to herself, she could remain under their care well past the age of 18.

As I said above, it's time for the parents to decide whether they want to be right or they want their daughter back. If they want her back, they need to follow the court & DCF's recommendations and instruct their daughter to do the same.

They can not win this. IMO

In other words, when DCF says "jump" parents need to ask "how high?"

How is that in her best interest? Have you seen the latest photos (which do appear in msm) of her? She looks horrible.

I could release select pictures of my kids that make them look awful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MABROUSSARD