DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
03/17/2014 | 4:26 PM
Judge will rule this week whether Justina Pelletier can go home
By Neil Swidey / Globe Staff

"The juvenile court judge in the long-running custody case of Justina Pelletier said in court Monday that he will rule by the end of the week on a proposal by lawyers for the Connecticut teenager and her parents to return the girl home with certain conditions."

More ...

There are other details, best to read whole article.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/hea...5SXeL/blog.html?camp=rss:health&dlvrit=834439

This whole situation is mind boggling. As far as I can tell there is no evidence parents abused the child in any way. Unless you consider seeking medical treatment as abuse.
Yet DCF managed to remove the child from her family and still doesn't want her to go home.
It's maddening.

After watching the Pellitiers on Dr. Phil, I feel as strongly about this case as ever. Two sisters are very irate about what they see as kidnapping and harming their sister. It isn't just the parents. It was brought out by Dr. Phil and others that even if the DCF is right on all counts or diagnosis as the case may be, they have not followed the protocol they have to by law in this case. It is obvious there is corruption on some level going on. I feel so bad for Justina.

So, attorneys Chester and Christine successfully managed to withdraw from representing the Pelletiers due to "philosophical differences" with Matthew Staver. Even though it seems they were actually making some headway.

In the meantime, Staver has not been recognized by the court so somehow Salem attorney Philip Moran has become the Pelletier's attorney of record.

Some relevant background on Moran:

http://www.salemnews.com/local/x2039718874/Attorney-suspended-over-will-bequest

November 3, 2011[/]
Attorney suspended over will bequest, loan
By Julie Manganis
Staff writer / Salem News

SALEM — "A Salem attorney has been suspended from practicing law for two months after agreeing not to contest allegations that he wrote himself into the will of a seriously ill Salem man, then also persuaded that man to loan him $15,000, money that was repaid only after a complaint to the state bar."

"The sanction against Philip D. Moran, who is also a well-known spokesman on behalf of a Catholic organization that opposes abortion and gay marriage, takes effect next week and means he will have to shut down his Essex Street practice for two months, withdraw from any cases he has pending and refund any retainers paid by clients."

More...

I am amazed the guy wasn't disbarred. I think he smells $$$.

Lou sure can pick them!!!

My favorite quote from the most recent Boston Globe article:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...return-home/LdU7aWZj1LdtRwOTGjFl8M/story.html

"Lou Pelletier was furious with the possible rejection of Staver’s involvement. After the hour-plus hearing ended, Lou Pelletier walked out of Courtroom 9 and yelled an expletive.

In an interview later, he said, “There were too many side shows. Nothing got resolved.”"

I hope this family gets their daughter back before any more damage is done to her. Then I hope they sue the hospital,doctors and every DCF case worker and supervisor who is behind the insanity of stealing this child from her family.The system is corrupt and has been for a long while.DCF needs to protect the hundreds of children who they let die each year when they leave them in abusive homes with thick case files but "see"no evil. They have no business taking children who have decent caring parents who only have been trying to get their daughter medical help.Wake up and see it for what it is. I hope this family fights long after they get their daughter back.

Why??? SMH, I just PRAY that she doesn't get any worse in these "professional's" "care" while the "judge" is at HOME tonight, and tomorrow, and Sunday, and, until whenever...Hope "judge" Johnston can sleep at night with his decision(s), again SMDH...OMG, I feel like I am in a foreign country FGS.

ETA - I am from the West coast, and moved to the East coast 3 years ago...VERY different mindsets, VERY. My DS needed a physical to enter HS. In CA, that meant your "normal" HS exam...not much of anything. Here, (IN MY SCREAMING VOICE), they did an DNA TEST ON MY DS, UNDER THE GUISE OF CHECKING FOR STDS, ON MY 13 YO naive, non-sexually active (and still isn't - trust me) son.

This was unknown to me UNTIL I got a bill from the DNA lab...It WAS NOT supposed to be a part of a HS entrance exam.

BOY, DID I RAISE A STINK! But now, under this guise of a HS "physical" his DNA is now on record. MUST CALL AN ATTORNEY TO GET IT ERASED (yeah, like that will happen...).

BE CAREFUL with your children people, something wicked this way comes...

I never was one to believe in the 'impending police state' conspiracy thing, fueled by so-called 'liberal' politics/policies... But I am seriously becoming convinced now, after recent developments such as this case. It's horrifying.

I never was one to believe in the 'impending police state' conspiracy thing, fueled by so-called 'liberal' politics/policies... But I am seriously becoming convinced now, after recent developments such as this case. It's horrifying.

Apparently, this is not an isolated event. The reason we don't hear of the others is because of the gag orders and threats parents receive. Some have spoken out after their child has died. That is why the Pellitiers have risked breaking the silence. The lack of response from authorities and the media is disturbing. There is definitely an agenda that will effect many.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...til-tuesday/bW9RoDrazynxVw575NmtBL/story.html

Judge delays Justina Pelletier ruling until Tuesday
Boston Globe
By Neil Swidey | GLOBE STAFF MARCH 21, 2014

snip

"The juvenile court judge in the long-running Justina Pelletier custody case delayed issuing a ruling Friday on a motion to return the teenager to her Connecticut home.

A lawyer for the girl’s parents and a spokeswoman for the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families, which has had legal custody of Pelletier for more than a year, said the judge sent word that he will instead notify the parties of his decision by the end of the day on Tuesday."

That would be Tuesday March 25.

'Permanent’ custody of Justina Pelletier awarded to Mass.
By Patricia Wen | GLOBE STAFF MARCH 25, 2014

"In what appears to be a major setback to the parents of a Connecticut teenager in the middle of a long-running custody dispute, a Massachusetts juvenile court judge Tuesday issued a ruling giving “permanent” custody of Justina Pelletier to the state Department of Children and Families, which then leaves it up to the agency to decide if or when she should be returned back home."

More...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...ssachusetts/puyPhesGkKE6rGLid2VM2L/story.html

I'm not surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg this is so upsetting.

Now what????

They go back in 3 months.
Hopefully, with a brand new attitude and willingness to follow whatever recommendations are asked of them.

They must decide if they want to be right or do they want their daughter back. IMO

Custody of Justina Pelletier awarded to Mass. through May
Posted: Mar 25, 2014 1:54 PM PDT

"A juvenile court judge ruled that the Department of Children and Families has "permanent" custody of Justina, until May 25, according to the Pelletier family's attorney, Matt Staver.

On that date in May, the judge will then revisit the issue of who is granted custody of Justina in another follow-up court hearing."

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/25...stina-pelletier-awarded-to-mass#ixzz2x11ebNks

Another very important part of the ruling today (in my opinion) was the Judge denied the request by out-of-state lawyer Mathew Staver of Liberty Counsel in Florida to represent the girl’s parents. (Talk about a circus sideshow).

So, a more careful reading of the Globe article leads me to believe there is just 'something about the parents' that is impeding the process. I don't know what it is, and I doubt we will ever know.

Deleted, musta posted in the wrong thread cause my comment made absolutely no sense.

Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads