Family battling Children’s Hospital to bring teen home for Christmas

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes you wonder if they were trying to take her off this medication to see if some of her other symptoms would improve.

I'm still on the fence about this case. I think DCF was hasty and perhaps engaged in some CYA. But it's a stretch to me to assume that, hours after her arrival, the hospital was cackling evilly and planning to turn Justina into a lab rat. Since we can't see her chart, we don't know what their reasons are. But let's not assume that discontinuing medications is being done maliciously. It could simply be part of the differential diagnosis process.

I think it's possible that the doctors at BCH didn't understand exactly what they were dealing with, and that started this whole mess. And perhaps that's why Tufts is back in play. While they may be wrong, I think that it's a real stretch to assume that those errors are being done intentionally or maliciously. Taking Justina off a drug could have a variety of real, legitimate, helpful reasons. Without her chart, we really don't know.

I think what started this whole mess is that Tufts had reported the parents to CT child protective services and that's why they went to BCH instead of Tufts. I doubt BCH called in MA child protective services before first talking with Tufts. I also don't believe there has ever been any conflict between Tufts and BCH. That's all b.s. reported to the media by the father.

Justina was taken by ambulance to Boston Children's Hospital because she was in a wheelchair at the time and a heavy snowstorm was blanketing the region. Because she arrived by ambulance, she was taken directly into the hospital's emergency room, where a "resident refused to send her to Dr. Flores" and, "declared this was his case," according to Moran. He said the unnamed resident then called upon a psychologist who diagnosed Justina with somatoform disorder -- a mental condition in which a patient experiences symptoms that are real but have no physical or biological explanation. Justina was diagnosed with the disorder "within 25 minutes," Moran claims.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/0...sferred-to-conn-facility-mass-officials-said/

If it's true about the 25 minutes (I think I've seen several other, longer timeframes for it) it certainly seems that there must have been some advance warning from some other healthcare provider that they didn't think things were right.

Makes you wonder if they were trying to take her off this medication to see if some of her other symptoms would improve.

I'm still on the fence about this case. I think DCF was hasty and perhaps engaged in some CYA. But it's a stretch to me to assume that, hours after her arrival, the hospital was cackling evilly and planning to turn Justina into a lab rat. Since we can't see her chart, we don't know what their reasons are. But let's not assume that discontinuing medications is being done maliciously. It could simply be part of the differential diagnosis process.

I think it's possible that the doctors at BCH didn't understand exactly what they were dealing with, and that started this whole mess. And perhaps that's why Tufts is back in play. While they may be wrong, I think that it's a real stretch to assume that those errors are being done intentionally or maliciously. Taking Justina off a drug could have a variety of real, legitimate, helpful reasons. Without her chart, we really don't know.

It could be that the previous allegations and doctor shopping put them on the radar and Children's asked for and received ALL of her medical records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they just want the parents to shut up. The armed guards and limited visits lead people to believe the parents are guilty of something which is exactly what the state wants. It's ridiculous, these people aren't dangerous.

That would be only your opinion and it's contradictory to two child protection agencies, in two states, a team of doctors, her long time pediatrician, previous doctors, the child's court appointed attorney and the judge.
That's only what's been reported and therefore a known fact.

From Feb 28:
The state has refused to release Justina to her parents after Boston Children's officials reported their suspicions of medical child abuse. The parents have battled the state to have their daughter's care transferred to Tufts. Friday, the state appeared ready to grant them that.

"A medical team has been identified at Tufts, the family's provider of choice, with the clinical expertise to care for Justina," Loftus said.
http://articles.courant.com/2014-02...u-pelletier-justina-pelletier-boston-children
A medical team sounds like more people than just Dr. Korson.

That would be only your opinion and it's contradictory to two child protection agencies, in two states, a team of doctors, her long time pediatrician, previous doctors, the child's court appointed attorney and the judge.
That's only what's been reported and therefore a known fact.

Her long term pediatrician? Who is that and do you have any links supporting this claim? Her court appointed attorney actually supported re-unification with parents. Her long term psychologist was flabbergasted by the situation and clearly isn't supporting of what DCF is doing.
CT DCF investigated the parents and left child in their custody. And is refusing to take the case. So how is it two child protection agencies, if CT DCF is refusing to take the case?
What previous doctors? Names? Links?

And if she needs the drug (such as beta blocker for the heart) taking her off it could result in a very bad outcome. We will never see her chart because DCF won't waive HIPAA. The only thing I can do is look at videos of her and she looks to be in bad shape and out of it. Did DCF put her on psychotropic drugs? Because to me she really looks like she is on something strong.

For about the tenth time, read the judge's words, CT DCF found the parents NEGLIGENT, and advised AGAINST sending her home!

The GAL advised AGAINST sending her home.

:banghead:

I saw the video but I'm not sure how any of it proves that she needs medication for rapid heart rate or anything about her diagnosis.

No reason that I can see why you couldn't film both mitochondrial patients and teens with a psychiatric diagnosis mumbling and looking out of it.

It certainly proves to me she isn't in good shape.

And if she needs the drug (such as beta blocker for the heart) taking her off it could result in a very bad outcome. We will never see her chart because DCF won't waive HIPAA. The only thing I can do is look at videos of her and she looks to be in bad shape and out of it. Did DCF put her on psychotropic drugs? Because to me she really looks like she is on something strong.

DCF does not have the authority to waive someone's rights under HIPAA!

Also adding: "DCF" cannot "put her on psychotropic drugs". DCF is a DEPARTMENT, not a licensed, practicing provider with the ability to write prescriptions!

For about the tenth time, read the judge's words, CT DCF found the parents NEGLIGENT, and advised AGAINST sending her home!

The GAL advised AGAINST sending her home.

:banghead:

After MA DCF asked them to. Prior to child going to MA, it was not the case. GAL was against sending her home, but her court appointed lawyer was for reunification.

So now what, you think CT DCF is what? Being paid off by The judge to find the parents negligent too?! :lol:

This is a deeper and more vast conspiracy than the Rothschilds, Vatican Bank, and the Freemasons running the world!

So now what, you think CT DCF is what? Being paid off by The judge to find the parents negligent too?! :lol:

This is a deeper and more vast conspiracy than the Rothschilds, Vatican Bank, and the Freemasons running the world!

Apparently DCFs from different states stick together. Because CT DCF never removed custody from the parents prior to Justina going to BCH.
So how do you explain that, exactly?

Her long term pediatrician? Who is that and do you have any links supporting this claim? Her court appointed attorney actually supported re-unification with parents. Her long term psychologist was flabbergasted by the situation and clearly isn't supporting of what DCF is doing.

CT DCF investigated the parents and left child in their custody. And is refusing to take the case. So how is it two child protection agencies, if CT DCF is refusing to take the case?

What previous doctors? Names? Links?

Links are posted up thread.
I do not have the doctors names and I can't recall if they were specifically named. I know I read one was her pediatrician of ten years.

Everyone's goal is the eventual reunification with her parents, Her parents continue to fail her.

Connecticut left her with her parents IMO because they didn't have the entire picture that has now been painted. They have now agreed, her parents are not a safe option at this time.

If you have a link to the GAL's testimony, that would be lovely.

Her parents word, at this point, can not be taken seriously. They have deliberately mislead the public for attention and financial gain. IMO

DCF does not have the authority to waive someone's rights under HIPAA!

Also adding: "DCF" cannot "put her on psychotropic drugs". DCF is a DEPARTMENT, not a licensed, practicing provider with the ability to write prescriptions!

DCF is her custodial guardian. Thus it would have agree to put her on psychotropic drugs. Obviously some doctor would actually prescribe the drugs.

It certainly proves to me she isn't in good shape.

She is not in bad shape, she is not dying, she isn't even hospitalized.

She's attended public events for Pete's sake!

Links are posted up thread.
I do not have the doctors names and I can't recall if they were specifically named. I know I read one was her pediatrician of ten years.

Everyone's goal is the eventual reunification with her parents, Her parents continue to fail her.

Connecticut left her with her parents IMO because they didn't have the entire picture that has now been painted. They have now agreed, her parents are not a safe option at this time.

If you have a link to the GAL's testimony, that would be lovely.

Her parents word, at this point, can not be taken seriously. They have deliberately mislead the public for attention and financial gain. IMO

I don't have link to GAL testimony. And what testimony?
It's her court appointed lawyer that supported reunification with parents, not her GAL. They are not one and the same. And I never claimed otherwise.
And I never saw any articles about her long term pediatrician, so I would really appreciate links supporting this claim.
How did CT DCF not have entire picture? She lived in that state.

She is not in bad shape, she is not dying, she isn't even hospitalized.

She's attended public events for Pete's sake!

Public events? They can wheel her around to whatever event they please. That doesn't mean she is in good shape or even understands what's going on.

DCF is her custodial guardian. Thus it would have agree to put her on psychotropic drugs. Obviously some doctor would actually prescribe the drugs.

DCF cannot order any of her doctors to put her on ANY meds. She has a team of physicians who coordinate her care. You are attempting to make it sound like "DCF" is doing all kinds of things to her. They cannot. They cannot prescribe meds. They cannot order doctors to drug her. They cannot waive her HIPPA rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000